• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Booshka

Just stop buying Halo games day 1 like I did, wait and borrow from a friend, if you don't like it don't buy it yourself. I got lucky with Reach and got it for free from MS 6 months later, but I wouldn't have cared if I never played it again. I was disappointed with Halo 2 (compared to the glory that is Halo CE) but still enjoyed it for what it is. After Halo 3, I stopped buying Halo games until I knew I liked them. Same will go with Halo 4, I haven't trusted this franchise in a long time.

kylej

Banned
juices theres like a billion kids in Arena trying to get that jackpot let's dump on people for a while please get on

GhaleonEB

Yeah, you can buy the iphone version of games on the ipad (which is what you got originally). Usually, getting the ipad version (full screen, HD) means you'll pay $3-5 for something that's $.99 on the iphone.

Edit: To add, the purchase buttons in the store with the "+" next to them are made for ipads.

Hey Ghaleon, please buy Jetpack Joyride, I'm pretty sure your kids and yourself, will love it!

GhaleonEB download Waypoint, xbox live app and marathon for your ipad.

Thanks for the tips, I shall make it so.

Just went back through the thread and read Frankie's posts. But I'm still not looking forward to hearing more about this. I'm basically parallel with kylej on my current standing.

What I said is a little extreme, but living in constant fear that one of my favorite gaming franchises ever is gradually getting more and more terrible isn't a very comfortable thing for me.

I could be wrong but I don't remember Bungie having to deal with a total shitstorm due to a magazine release. I guess this is a bigger departure than previous games (which isn't what the majority of us wanted to hear.) Regardless this seems to have been pretty poorly planned as others have said.

Thought about hopping on Halo 3 for a second but then I just figured I would play Reach lol
f3Blf.gif

I should give 3 some love today. Haven't played Halo since getting all the achievements in Anniversary shortly after release.

Overdoziz

Banned
Worst thing about the info is that Armor Abilities are still in and yet again people spawn with them. And you even have to fucking unlock them.

Quality stuff right there.

juices theres like a billion kids in Arena trying to get that jackpot let's dump on people for a while please get on

EVERYONE IS A FUCKING SCRUB IN ARENA. AS ALWAYS.

Also I got that jackpot yesterday, during continuing my win streak.

Won all my games. Hey thanks for the GOLD ! lol. IF YOU MAKE A SYSTEM LIKE THAT AT LEAST MAKE IT TAKE ENOUGH DAYS TO GIVE YOU TOP TIER IF YOU WON EVERY GAME. EXTEND TO SIX OR SEVEN RANKED DAYS POSSIBLY.

NO ONE IN 343/BUNGIE knows TRUE HALO Anymore..

True Halo is INFINITE FOUR CORNERS.

EINSTEIN was ONEist BRAIN!

TRY MY BELLY BUTTON LOGIC!

You are really salty today man.
I actually wonder how they'll handle that. There is literally no online shooter with this carrot on a stick unlocking that has ever managed to grab me just because I so strongly believe that all those options should be available to you upfront. Never liked the idea of there being some cool thing I wanna try out but I'll need to grind at it for 10 hours before I can use it.

kylej

Banned
EVERYONE IS A FUCKING SCRUB IN ARENA. AS ALWAYS.

Also I got that jackpot yesterday, during continuing my win streak.

Won all my games. Hey thanks for the GOLD ! lol. IF YOU MAKE A SYSTEM LIKE THAT AT LEAST MAKE IT TAKE ENOUGH DAYS TO GIVE YOU TOP TIER IF YOU WON EVERY GAME. EXTEND TO SIX OR SEVEN RANKED DAYS POSSIBLY.

NO ONE IN 343/BUNGIE knows TRUE HALO Anymore..

True Halo is INFINITE FOUR CORNERS.

EINSTEIN was ONEist BRAIN!

TRY MY BELLY BUTTON LOGIC!

Um maybe lose less games next time and you won't get gold?

The thing that truly, completely stands out to me as the biggest blunder is the randomized weapon locations/timers and instant respawns. I have posted this exact same thing for years now; Halo is a chess game. At its best, Halo is about fixed, defined variables that each game revolves and plays differently around. Do we wait for rockets or OS? Three dead? Pull flag. What time is snipe up? I'm S2, they're spawning needler. The beauty of Halo is in its simplicity, even in the face of the fabled sandbox. It is unlike anything else out there. Halo multiplayer is about weapon locations, timing, and map control. Reach dipped its toe in the FFA BK bonanza pool and it's a turd. Just copying the king forgets why COD is so popular in the first pace; it was unlike anything out there at the time and still has a fluid style untouched by other games.

Spartan points to unlock shit? Rank up to unlock abilities? Instant respawn? It's just so creatively bankrupt, and I really have a hard time believing the false promises of yet another Halo dev talking about how we "just don't understand" what the real game is like yet.

This is basically how I feel right now.

I liked each Bungie Halo game more than the last, I still love Reach, and I want to like Halo 4, but this information indicates that if I do like Halo 4 it will be for different reasons than why I like Bungie's Halo. I appreciate that 343 has the unenviable task of creating something that's similar to Halos 1 through Reach but is also unique and surprising, and I hope that they succeed, but the GI multiplayer info has me very skeptical. We'll see.

feel

Worst thing about the info is that Armor Abilities are still in and yet again people spawn with them. And you even have to fucking unlock them.

Quality stuff right there.
Serves the community right for hating AAs all day every day and then still playing 7 hours every night. "Oh but it's fun winning all the time with a party of friends because these jetpack/armorlock kids suck lolololololol"

Serves the community right for hating AAs all day every day and then still playing 7 hours every night. "Oh but it's fun winning all the time with a party of friends because these jetpack/armorlock kids suck lolololololol"

*roflstomps randoms with a party*

-HaloGAFImageHere-

*Bitch about TrueSkill when you lose*

Homeboyd

No one talking about the holodeck on the infinity that recreates the battlefields. This could be huge for Forge...

Very interesting concept.

blamite

Has anyone commented on the icon and meter above the motion tracker in the image with the DMR? It looks to me like it could be either a new armor ability or a power weapon respawn timer.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
No one talking about the holodeck on the infinity that recreates the battlefields. This could be huge for Forge...

Very interesting concept.

Dream small. I don't want my imagination to run awry and be disappointed when they actually reveal Forge 3.0.

At this point, if it has non-grey blocks I'll be happy.

Recarpo

Dream small. I don't want my imagination to run awry and be disappointed when they actually reveal Forge 3.0.

At this point, it has non-grey blocks I'll be happy.

That's pretty much my thoughts too. Give me colors and maybe some different styles of blocks and I'm good. Anything else good announced will just be pleasant surprises.

blamite

So in the shot with the Chief and Cortana looking at each other, Cortana looks totally opaque, whereas she's always been partially transparent before. May not mean anything, but interesting.

*later that night, lag, out-bloomed, evade in objective game-type, get shit on by armor-lock heroes, most of other team quit on BTB Slayer so it's 12 minutes of riding around in the Mongoose, 4 ugly Forge Variants in a row, get random on team that goes -20, Tashi Ceiling*

"...fuck this game, never again"

*rinse and repeat next week, get on bro lets dong some bks/fat inheritors in arena, my nig*

So in the shot with the Chief and Cortana looking at each other, Cortana looks totally opaque, whereas she's always been partially transparent before. May not mean anything, but interesting.
From the article they say that Cortana has chosen the new visual presentation of herself so that might be an aspect of it. She also redesigned Chief's HUD. Guess she has to kill the time in a ship by herself somehow.

Top Bottom