• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2017 |OT| Big Trouble in Little China starring David Koch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

6gQCB67.png

The first round of the official 2017 Premiership Season isn't until the end of March and is again a single weekend round, with the first game (Richmond vs. Carlton) on Thursday March 23.

Important Links / Notes

2017 Season Fixtures
2017 JLT Community Series (PDF)

Season 2017 Fixture (PDF)

Highlights Videos
The Wash-Up - 2016 Analysis & Highlights packages for all 18 teams
The 10 - 2016 Highlights packages for (almost) every round
Highlights of the 2016 AFL Grand Final
A highlights video of the past 10 or so years for those of you who are new to the game

TV Broadcast Guide
A handy guide on the AFL site with different regions so you can find out how to watch your team.

2016 Retirements, Delistings and Trades
Full list here

AFL-GAFFERS:
GAF Supporter List:

Adelaide Crows - tri_willy, Dommo, deadmeadow88, Galdun, Mr_Moogle, chicko1983, H.Protagonist
Brisbane Lions - Grug
Carlton Blues - oipic, speedpop, maladroid, Macready1306, Brian★, P. Fembot
Collingwood Magpies - Dead Man, El'Kharn, Satchel, Jables Swan, bobnowhere, Collingwood
Essendon Bombers - theb0xmIke, Jezabel, HolyCheck, Ingram, Westlo, Shancake, RandomVince
Fremantle Dockers - what's in a name, freoleo29
Geelong Cats - Andiie
Gold Coast Suns -
GWS Giants - BanShunsaku
Hawthorn Hawks - Grassy, Here For The Free Feed, Kaze Kyou
Melbourne Demons - KAP151
North Melbourne Kangaroos- guidop, Jebus, Bishop89
Port Adelaide Power - jambo, fisheyes, Ningo, Juicy Bob, reptilescorpio, Chaosmidas, Dryk, Marky Mark
Richmond Tigers - a posh hammer, Ozzy Onya A2Z, Cruncho
St Kilda Saints - Ydahs, Pachael, Scullibuno
Sydney Swans- Rezbit, legend166, iSimon
West Coast Eagles - FGMPR, midonnay, Kerrby, cr_blah_blah, Nickovic, aDDiKt24, VOOK, Raad, Oxirane, AnkhWeasel, Worthintendo, Newk86
Western Bulldogs - Major_Lazer, mrpookles

GAF AFL TIPPING LEAGUE:
egFlqY0m.jpg

http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/believe
Password is legend166

STATS
Ydahs' great http://dream-stats.com/ site for all your Dream Team / Supercoach needs

Relive all the fun/drama of the AFL 2016 OT

Thanks to fisheyes, Grug and Ydahs, I used a few bits from the previous threads for this one (up to and including this very line)

m46q7kuh.jpg

legend166

I don't think I've ever been less excited for a season. My passion for the league has really waned the last few years.

fisheyes

This is it. I can feel it. This is the year [my team] win the premiership. [Player] has been training the house down and, dare I say it, is a Smokey for the Brownlow. Get around [my team].

AxeMan

I didn't know what to do with myself last GF day. Was strange not being at the game. Should be there this year though (GWS member as well)

Zushin

After the news about Lids out of Round 1 for GWS, Tigers definitely got a good deal. Not really bad for the Giants though, they've got so many good players that Deledio was a cherry on top.

Daniel Wells though....

Buddy was lucky lastnight. If Mummy didnt bump him i would expect that the bump on the Giants player would been looked at for a suspension.

Newk86

Forgive the question as I am still relatively new, but what exactly is the difference between the off-topic and off-topic community sections?

Just asking because last year the F1 2016 season thread was in the community section (pretty sure), but now the F1 2017 pre-season thread can be found in off-topic only. Even right now I can see several other sports threads on the first page of the community section, but then the AFL 2017 thread is over here in off-topic. I really just don't know where I'm supposed to be looking!

Thanks. And go Eagles.

jambo

From memory the AFL threads used to start in OT and then get moved to Community, but I think the mods just didn't bother after a few years.

Also, how are there so many Eagles supporters on GAF?!

Anyone else see the Matthew Boyd injury lastnight.

That was fucked up. just part of his ear hanging off. when they showed it post game.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So until 5 minutes ago i hadnt even thought about footy this year yet. Now im giddy with excitement.

Opening game. Home. Mcg agaimst the hawks. Its gonna be a cracking crowd. Taking my lady to her first footy game too. So im glad its not against freo or something.

Chuck

Still without luck
So I watched the afl website video explaining the rules so I think I get a little bit of what's going on, but man that's just scratching the surface.

I don't remember the last time there was a close game between Richmond and Carlton. Someone's usually been a punching bag and it's usually Richmond.

My wife is sat here playing this mess that is Mass Effect so I'm going to have to watch on my phone or maybe it works on the PC?

Nope, can't. Have to rest my s7 in front of my laptop so i can watch. boo

hoho the AFL app is fucked at the moment, TRY AGAIN TRY AGAIN TRY AGAIN

Live match is geelong versus fremantle from last year? AFL TV schedule shows a bunch of games for tomorrow Friday AM like SydvPort 0330 24/3? whaatt

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Thursday March 23rd
Carlton vs. Richmondf @ The MCG

Friday March 24th
Collingwood vs. Western Bulldogs @ The MCG

Saturday March 25th
St Kilda vs. Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium
Sydney vs. Port Adelaide @ The SCG
Gold Coast vs. Brisbane @ Metricon Stadium
Essendon vs. Hawthorn @ The MCG

Sunday March 26th
North Melburne vs. West Coast @ Etihad Stadium
Adelaide vs. Greater Western Sydney @ Adelaide Oval
Fremantle vd. Geelong @ Domain Stadium

Round 1 Teams

Fantastic game so far except for the first 10 minutes or so. And yeah, I'm so happy Cloke kicked it. I actually said to my wife "I feel sorry for him because I know he's going to miss it" and I was expecting the Collingwood ferals to go mental but then he kicked it!

I was expecting Port to put up a fight but honestly thought Sydney would run over us in the end. I was extremely nervous at about six minutes to go. Great game.

My theory is first round you tip all of the upsets and hope at least half of them come through. Half of the time it works all of the time and you end up half a round in front straight away, then you can just pick the favourites or pick the same as everyone else in your comp to maintain the lead.

Zushin

My theory is first round you tip all of the upsets and hope at least half of them come through. Half of the time it works all of the time and you end up half a round in front straight away, then you can just pick the favourites or pick the same as everyone else in your comp to maintain the lead.

Yeah haha. I should get 5/9 this round (thank you Adelaide!). So while not good, it's probably not worse than my competition!

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Thursday March 30th
Richmond vs. Collingwood @ The MCG

Friday March 31st
Western Bulldogs vs. Sydney @ Etihad Stadium

Saturday April 1st
Hawthorn vs. Adelaide @ The MCG
Greater Western Sydney vs. Gold Coast @ Spotless Stadium
Brisbane vs. Essendon @ The Gabba
West Coast vs. St Kilda @ Domain Stadium

Sunday April 2nd
Geelong vs. North Melburne @ Etihad Stadium
Melbourne vs. Carlton @ The MCG
Port Adelaide vs. Fremantle @ Adelaide Oval

Round 2 Teams

Rezbit

I see by "cracking down on throwing and ducking" the AFL meant "not bothering to crack down at all." Bulldogs currently sitting at 23 free kicks to 3QT (nearly double the Swans). I see the long tradition of giving the premiership winning teams all the frees still stands. Great stuff AFL. The officiating standard is nearly as embarrassing as soccer TBH.

Zushin

Thought the umpiring was pretty poor tonight after an excellent round 1. Definitely glad Doggies won but thought Swans were pretty stiff not to get a good 4-5 frees during the game. Still, good match and highlights how poor the Pies and Tigers really are (Richmond supporter obviously)

Rezbit

Hell of a game tonight, go doggies

Really? You thought that was a good game? Is it just because it was kinda close-ish? I thought it was complete tripe replete with incredibly poor umpiring.

I've watched 3 games of AFL so far this season and all were complete horse shit. Thumbs down from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom