• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mental Health |OT2| - Light in the Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillGore

Thanks.

So I'm guessing it would be a bad idea to just take half the dosage? I'm currently taking 25mg. I'm just very afraid of the side effects. I've never been one to depend on pjlls, not even Tylenol.

Sesha

Thanks.

So I'm guessing it would be a bad idea to just take half the dosage? I'm currently taking 25mg. I'm just very afraid of the side effects. I've never been one to depend on pjlls, not even Tylenol.

I say take the dosages prescribed, or whatever is within the limits your physician set, and take precautions re: potential side effects based on that.

Ponn

Banned
Hey guys, my first time here.

So I started getting anxiety attacks for half a year now. Always been an introvert but never at this level. Basically had social phobia, especially with people of higher authority, like my boss.

Anyways, went to the psychiatrist this week and he prescribed Paxil CR. This is my second day taking it and only side effect I think is, I'm getting a bit sleepy, which is fine. Anyways, anything I should know? Is it worth it? Are there better alternatives out there?

First time taking these kinds of medication and I'm a bit worried.

Always take the dosage as prescribed but as with any new drugs keep a close eye on any side effects and if you start having really bad effects immediately go to the ER. Keep your psych doctor informed of any changes and if its working or not and expect a period of trial and error. The doctor may increase your dose gradually or titrate you off of it slowly and switch to another medication. With mental drugs keep in mind the general rule of thumb is to never stop your meds cold turkey, that can have a seriously bad effect. Good luck and don't be afraid, mental health is usually a mix of dealing with your issues both mentally and chemically with meds.

I am in a tailspin and I don't know how to recover.

Find a good distraction or someone to talk to or hang out with. We can be our own worst company in dark times. If you can't talk it out with someone or hang out find a distraction that is engaging like gaming or basketball or making fun of the newest episode of Walking Dead with the rest of GAF. If its serious please call the hotline for help in the OP.

redlegs87

Always take the dosage as prescribed but as with any new drugs keep a close eye on any side effects and if you start having really bad effects immediately go to the ER. Keep your psych doctor informed of any changes and if its working or not and expect a period of trial and error. The doctor may increase your dose gradually or titrate you off of it slowly and switch to another medication. With mental drugs keep in mind the general rule of thumb is to never stop your meds cold turkey, that can have a seriously bad effect. Good luck and don't be afraid, mental health is usually a mix of dealing with your issues both mentally and chemically with meds.

Find a good distraction or someone to talk to or hang out with. We can be our own worst company in dark times. If you can't talk it out with someone or hang out find a distraction that is engaging like gaming or basketball or making fun of the newest episode of Walking Dead with the rest of GAF. If its serious please call the hotline for help in the OP.

I have never hit rock bottom yet to need to call any place like that. I think I'll hit that point but I'll just fly right by where I think it'll happen. I guess I am just a glutton for self hatred.

paskowitz

Positive story. I'm off my SSRI and feel like it did its job. My depression wasn't severe but it definitely wrecked my productivity and outlook for a year. Combination of lost and frustrated leading to hopelessness and depression. I'm not exactly 100% but I feel functioning and at the very least like better days are definitely ahead.

I feared medication going in, but I'm glad I made the choice as I'm not so sure I could have done it without it. Some other things that helped was getting more regular exercise and mindfulness. Can't stress that enough. Going skiing 7 times this year really made this winter far more enjoyable. Also used the warm days for hiking. Calling more old friends I haven't talked to. Meditation. Etc.

Cutebrute

I have been suspecting that I have ADHD for a long time now, and I am finally starting to act on it. Due to various reasons, I ended up meeting with an ADHD/Life Coach before seeing a primary care or psychiatrist, and we went over a rough evaluation of my potential ADHD and to discuss the benefits and drawbacks of taking a coaching/non-medicated approach. The session was fine, and I certainly won't say that I didn't get anything out of it, but I was a little unsure of paying a high price for the service. Then the coach told me that I would need to commit to a 3 month contract and $1200 for further services. After the initial sticker-shock wore off, I was concerned about the cost relative to what I could get out of it, but I also know that I need to start making serious commitments to change my life, and that might include more than my potential ADHD. I think coaching could certainly help, but I am naturally nervous, or perhaps even skeptical, of taking such a plunge. And I am not opposed to taking medications in any capacity; scheduling issues and an interest in what my coaching options would look like is what made me explore this option first.

My next step will be to get a formal diagnosis and to evaluate additional options first, but I wanted to also see if anyone had experience with these kinds of coaches and if they found the help that they were looking for in this way. And if you did find help, were you taking medication at any point before, during, or after any coaching sessions?

FAKE EDIT: I was going to make this a separate thread, but I am glad that I found my way here instead. I think I've been needing this thread for a long while.

Hylian7

I've finally come to the conclusion I need to go back to therapy.

Over the last year or so (although this has been there to some degree my entire life), my brain keeps inventing things that are wrong with something in my life that is going well. For instance, I keep getting these thoughts that my fiance (we got engaged in December, been together over four years) is cheating on me even though that doesn't make any fucking sense and I know she is not. Or for some reason I think she doesn't find me attractive anymore, or doesn't enjoy sex anymore but won't tell me. None of these things make any sense and are all invented in my head and I just suppress them and try to talk myself down from them. That still gets tiring though, because it really takes a toll on me to deal with these things even though they are false.

Also, what is that thing called where you invent bad things with a thing that is going well in your life? I know there is a name for it, but I haven't really been able to put it into Googleable terms. I remember it being discussed when I took a psych class at a community college almost ten years ago.

vegohead

My next step will be to get a formal diagnosis and to evaluate additional options first, but I wanted to also see if anyone had experience with these kinds of coaches and if they found the help that they were looking for in this way. And if you did find help, were you taking medication at any point before, during, or after any coaching sessions.

Went to a Adhd coach for 6 months after I dropped out of college, I was spending nowhere near that amount you listed.

She was also skilled in career counseling so I saw her for both. She really wasn't worth the money but she was kind and encouraging which is always a plus imo. Her son had adhd and he was having issues well into his late 20s so she related to alot I was going through.

I did alot of things after seeing her to cope with my adhd and I wouldn't mind explaining if you private message me.

Good luck.

So, I've been writing in my journal a lot lately, mostly reminiscing on my time in the psych ward. I mentioned it a while back in this thread, but I think I'm going to take my journal entries and turn them into a blog. I have a few of my entries typed up.

I might post a couple entries for some feedback. would anyone be interested if I posted a few?

gfxtwin

I took a dose of ambien+xanax last night (two of the meds I'm prescribed) for the first time in over a week, so I was really feeling the effects, and it looks like I then sent a msg to my soon-to-be brother in law whom I've only met a couple times, a msg that was intended to be funny asking for advice on how to open up about being sexually attracted to dinosaurs. My sister msg'd me today letting me know it came off as weird and inappropriate, and I can confirm this after re-reading it. Pretty sure I would've never sent it if sober. Maybe the possible outcome of me no longer taking meds in the near future due to not being able to afford them anymore (this year I went from not needing to pay anything to paying $200 per pickup) will end up being beneficial in some ways.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Don't mix ambien with other medications, especially other anxiolytics.
I have learned the hard way. I don't take any sleep meds. Way too risky.

So, I've been writing in my journal a lot lately, mostly reminiscing on my time in the psych ward. I mentioned it a while back in this thread, but I think I'm going to take my journal entries and turn them into a blog. I have a few of my entries typed up.

I might post a couple entries for some feedback. would anyone be interested if I posted a few?

I would. I've always considered checking myself in but the stigma around them makes me think otherwise. I heard the ones in Baltimore where I live are particularly horrid.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

I'd be interested. Also, The Mighty might also be a good outlet.

So i haven't posted there for like 6 months so a little update on my situation, I'm kinda more depressed than before, well I have some moments where I lose total hope. Some things have happened between, my meds started to mess me up, I failed my finals, got a lot of issues with girls and some other things that weren't great for me (I posted a thread about some shit that happened to me a while ago). I feel weak, always sleepy and I also feel stupid for screwed up my early life so much and I hate myself for being so ugly...

Tried some things to calm down things a little bit, go to a hospital for my sleep issues and the results were underwhelming so I'm still stuck with that. I also tried a therapy group which is probably the worst therapy experience I've ever had. So I'm back to my two therapist who don't know shit about helping me.

Now I have two weeks of vacations and it feels like a chore to me because I basically see nobody. College is the only opportunity for me to see people and maybe go out with someone, so basically during my vacation I will be stuck at my house doing absolutely nothing or working for college but with my current state I think I will fail my finals...

All I want is a way to move over and start to getting better but even for that, therapists are useless.

Hylian7

I've finally come to the conclusion I need to go back to therapy.

Over the last year or so (although this has been there to some degree my entire life), my brain keeps inventing things that are wrong with something in my life that is going well. For instance, I keep getting these thoughts that my fiance (we got engaged in December, been together over four years) is cheating on me even though that doesn't make any fucking sense and I know she is not. Or for some reason I think she doesn't find me attractive anymore, or doesn't enjoy sex anymore but won't tell me. None of these things make any sense and are all invented in my head and I just suppress them and try to talk myself down from them. That still gets tiring though, because it really takes a toll on me to deal with these things even though they are false.

Also, what is that thing called where you invent bad things with a thing that is going well in your life? I know there is a name for it, but I haven't really been able to put it into Googleable terms. I remember it being discussed when I took a psych class at a community college almost ten years ago.
I got an appointment for Monday for this...

That Intrusive Thoughts thread in OT GAF made me think that was what I have. I mentioned it in there and someone pointed out that they think it is low self-esteem and thinking I deserve something bad with all the good in my life.

What do you all think?

I got an appointment for Monday for this...

That Intrusive Thoughts thread in OT GAF made me think that was what I have. I mentioned it in there and someone pointed out that they think it is low self-esteem and thinking I deserve something bad with all the good in my life.

What do you all think?

I think you're making the right decision to go to therapy, and it sounds like you are going through something that is pretty common. I'm not a therapist so I couldn't say what it is, but if there is a latent cause to those thoughts, a good therapist should be able to suss it out. I struggled with thinking similar things about my wife, and therapy has definitely helped our marriage.

If you've never been to therapy before, just know that the first appointment is oftentimes an "intake" session and your new therapist may seem a little impersonal at first. However, he/she is just trying to get as much information from you as possible in an hour or so, and after that initial intake, you'll probably find the rest of the session more natural and conversational. At least that's how it's been for me in the past.

Hylian7

I think you're making the right decision to go to therapy, and it sounds like you are going through something that is pretty common. I'm not a therapist so I couldn't say what it is, but if there is a latent cause to those thoughts, a good therapist should be able to suss it out. I struggled with thinking similar things about my wife, and therapy has definitely helped our marriage.

If you've never been to therapy before, just know that the first appointment is oftentimes an "intake" session and your new therapist may seem a little impersonal at first. However, he/she is just trying to get as much information from you as possible in an hour or so, and after that initial intake, you'll probably find the rest of the session more natural and conversational. At least that's how it's been for me in the past.
I've been to this particular therapist before. The last time I went was last May. Then I got a job and didn't really have time to go.

I got out of prison on Feb 6th. My mom died while I was in prison and I'm the only child. She never gave me a clue she was sick. She lived out of state so I couldn't attend the funeral. No job since release. Trying to stay positive. Remaining sober and optimistic.

Hermii

I recently about 2 weeks ago started taking meds (Welbutrin) and had an experience today that confirmed its definitely working. I been listening to the podcast "S town" and have gotten to chapter 6. This episode is about people who is watching life pass by without experiencing any kind of romantic relationship, love, fulfilling sex life, intimacy. 3 weeks ago I am sure this episode would have ruined my day to put it lightly, probably the entire weekend. Now I shed a few tears listening to the episode and feel more or less fine now, with emotions ever getting anywhere close to as intense as what Im used to. Havent made my mind up really what to make of this if its a 100% positive thing, what if my parents die or something and I get over it in a few hours. But it feels great not being severely depressed.

Boozeroony

It has been a few years since I've posted here. Current status:

-32 years old
-Struggling with anxiety and depression since the age of 19
-Single, having a hard time to maintain relationships
-Had lots of different therapies, but none really helped
-Finished two degrees
-Unemployed due to mental illness

So... I decided to go into a 4 months intensive therapy on location, which will start april 10th.

I'll sleep/eat there and I will be home during the weekends. The therapy is group-based, meaning most of the time I'm interacting with other 'patients'. We will have our own bedroom and a shareed area to watch tv and read a book.

It is supposedly pretty intense, focussing on interhuman interactions.

Anyone here has had a similar therapy?

redlegs87

I recently about 2 weeks ago started taking meds (Welbutrin) and had an experience today that confirmed its definitely working. I been listening to the podcast "S town" and have gotten to chapter 6. This episode is about people who is watching life pass by without experiencing any kind of romantic relationship, love, fulfilling sex life, intimacy. 3 weeks ago I am sure this episode would have ruined my day to put it lightly, probably the entire weekend. Now I shed a few tears listening to the episode and feel more or less fine now, with emotions ever getting anywhere close to as intense as what Im used to. Havent made my mind up really what to make of this if its a 100% positive thing, what if my parents die or something and I get over it in a few hours. But it feels great not being severely depressed.

I am glad to hear it seems to be working out for you. I am also on Welbutrin along side 2 other meds. They upped it to 300mg and I think that along with some other things has finally got me out of my tailspin I was going through lately. I will agree ever since taking the meds plus therapy I've been better at dealing with the emotions and not letting them completely control me. I'll have to listen to this podcast it seems intriguing.

Left the therapist without saying bye, he pissed me off, the only idea he got for helping me is to put me in a hospital which is probably his dumbest idea. Can't count on them.

My worst issue is my loneliness especially with girls (only had one date which turned really bad), I want to stop thinking about that but I can't, I really feel alone and I don't know how to improve this situation.

bengraven

I don't want to leave my wife but I can't take the depression of going home or being at home anymore. I love her and my kid but we live with my inlaws and my MIL is an evil spiteful psychopath that everyone treats like an avoidable annoyance. But my depression feeds her need to be a bully and I'm her favorite target.

We can't afford to move and even if we did it would make my wife's life a lot harder since she's a full time student and is helping her parents in their waning years. My MIL shits herself from popping pills for example.

I'm thinking of leaving and won't be able to see my little soul mate, my son, every day is making me seriously want to just leave the world.

Krammy

Hey folks, just need to vent for a second.

I found out recently that my girlfriend cheated on me and we broke up. I actually got into that relationship after my previous girlfriend lied to me about something serious, so now I'm trying to keep my head up and not have trust issues after being lied to twice in a row.

A couple days after we broke up, I came down with a terrible flu that I'm still dealing with, and I'm weighing the options of whether I should go to the hospital or not. It's been a few days, and despite taking medicine, I haven't gotten any better. I'm still having hot flashes and chills, I barely have the energy to stand up while washing my hands, my body is in a lot of pain from lack of movement, and my head is splitting. Because I haven't been eating, I also haven't been able to take my medicine, so my emotions are all over the place.

I don't think I've ever felt this bad in my entire life, and the worst part is that I don't have any friends or family to help me through it. I feel like I'm battling all this on my own and that really sucks.

Nice day out, seeing the blue sky reflected on the water fills me with life

I can't even get part time retail work right now

I'm pretty scared about my future
Have you tried big major chains? I just applied at Target and got call back the following morning. Not my first choice but ill take it lol (of course, I still got an interview so I'm not out of the woods yet >_<)

So I've been dealing with nerve pain since November and the doctor gave me three options: Neurontin, Lyrica, or Cymbalta. I used to be on Paxil for years and got myself off of finally and was doing really well. Well this nerve pain has been quite difficult to deal with so I was at the point of trying anything.

I chose Neurontin because I didn't think it would effect my serotonin levels and therefore not make me feel foggy or out of sorts. I was originally going to wait for a day off but this week my allergies have been killing me which may have lead to more jaw pain so I took one last night as prescribed and today was the worst day I have had at work in a long time. And that was just ONE pill! 300mg to start and eventually I am supposed to work my way up to 900! There is no way in hell that will happen. In fact the next time I try, it will be 100mg once a day for quite a while. Anyways I just wanted to post this in case anyone has dealt with that drug before and I really didn't know where else to post.

Thanks.

Lemaitre

Banned
I can't even get part time retail work right now

I'm pretty scared about my future

What's your issue? Problems with the interview or configuring your resume? I get performance anxiety, so anytime I had interviews or gave meetings for my past jobs I'd take Inderal. Was a game changer for me, never had issues with any interviews since.

KillGore

Week 1 report with Paxil:

First few days I've been sleepy as fuck but it seems it's getting better. Barely any sleepiness now.

I've been feeling a lot better now. No anxiety at all (for now), though it could be a placebo effect? idk

Also, I can't seem to ejaculate now. I do get hard-ons just as easily and my libido has stayed the same but I can't climax. I guess it isn't so bad.

paskowitz

Week 1 report with Paxil:

First few days I've been sleepy as fuck but it seems it's getting better. Barely any sleepiness now.

I've been feeling a lot better now. No anxiety at all (for now), though it could be a placebo effect? idk

Also, I can't seem to ejaculate now. I do get hard-ons just as easily and my libido has stayed the same but I can't climax. I guess it isn't so bad.

As somebody getting off Paxil, that is all normal. Be mindful of your dosage. I started at 20mg, it worked, then it starting not working, went to 40mg, worked fine for a while. Now I am getting off. Also, BE CAREFUL with alcohol. For me it made 1 8% beer feel like 2. It also inhibits the positive effects.

Once you decide to go off, make sure you do so slowly. Dropping ~10mg a week until you get to 1 week of ~5mg. If you don't, be prepared for some strong withdrawals. Also don't skip more than 24hrs. I missed 3 days in a row and was like "WTF is this shit? Wuuuuuuh", on the 3rd day.

Tomorrow is my last day so I can't say 100% I am 100% until like a month or two from now, but I feel a shit ton better than I did a year ago. I still have mild down days... but I haven't had a shitty week or a really bad day in months.

I wish you the best.

karasu

Been off my meds for a few months now and am definitely losing the battle. This was a particularly stressful week because thanks to some administration problems at school, I had to do five weeks of coursework in one goddamn day. I don't have my Adderall, my depression/anxiety meds; nothing. I ended up finishing the work but I was drinking coffee and throwing back caffeine pills like Jesse Spano. I definitely need to go so my shrink soon. Hopefully by the end of the month.

Wools

Neo Member
yeah, that "I wish I didn't have to work" one is for the real dicks. Like it's a choice. Though I have never had to endure "you have that because ...". That's just mean.

The skeptic in me does want to keep a somewhat open mind towards options that are somewhat looser supported by data or intuitive connections though. Exercise, or rather getting back into some kind of sync with the body, would be something I would bring up (very loose concept though: I would include dancing and gymnastics, whatever a person feels good about). But that's very specific to depression and possibly anxiety, since there is at least data to back that up. I personally kind of reject the idea of depression as chronic as well, though bi-polar is (or presumed to be, this might change in the future at some point).

Then again, I also believe that a lot of mental health issues (including substance abuse) are actually social (or worse: socially induced) problems, not a defining property of a person. It's not a person's essence to be depressed, or joyful, or brimming with vitality, if you know what I mean. That's not the same as rejecting current treatment paradigms (you got what you got), but I'm hoping to see more effective ones emerge with time. Or the Epicurus answer from 2.5 millennia ago: a good life is one with friends.
( see the end of Andrew Solomon's TED talk on depression: the response by non-westerners is amusing, because it's true. Who would think that individual talks without community serve anything? )

Thank you so much for linking to that Ted Talk video.

Although I'm okay now, I suffered badly with anxiety when I was in my teens and 20's, and that video articulated well the troubles I had and the unhelpful GP's and work mates I was subjected to and in some ways, I subjected them to.

I think the trouble I had was I retreated into myself in my late teens after my Nan died, we moved house but as I was part of her will, I was lucky to receive a large sum of money. Because of this I could treat myself but the money became the coping mechanism for losing Nan, dropping out of College and then moving house.

I slipped downwards but as my life got better outwardly (Got into the games industry, learned to drive girlfriends etc.) I thought why do I never want to go out? I was nearly 20 stone, sweat all the time in social situations & felt happier at home in my bedroom. My wake up was going to the GP about the sweating and he diagnosed me with anxiety. Problem was he offered me 2 routes out: Beta Blockers and a support group in my local village. Trouble was I was against drugs preferring self help and the support group was just 1 day a week, on a Wednesday at 3pm and it was run by Mum's and had no male members... Just what you want to hear as a 22 year old bloke who works Monday to Friday!

I got better slowly after that point through self help. Walked every lunchtime round the research park, eat better, stopped my OCD habits like games collecting, listened to relaxing music and when I was stressed, I realised my shoulders were almost touching my ear lobes! When I realised, I closed my eyes, calmed down and my shoulders would drop. A form of meditation before I knew what it was!

I'm now 14 stone, healthy and love running, moved out of my Mum's, Martied my beautiful Wife, have a House and a job I love which pays triple what I was paid 5 years ago with people I call my friends. I'm in such a happy place now it's brilliant but I still have little moments where I hear the negative voice, I get stressed & want to hide away. The trick is to see those moments, relax and then remember how it used to be.

JDHarbs

Thank you so much for linking to that Ted Talk video.

Although I'm okay now, I suffered badly with anxiety when I was in my teens and 20's, and that video articulated well the troubles I had and the unhelpful GP's and work mates I was subjected to and in some ways, I subjected them to.

I think the trouble I had was I retreated into myself in my late teens after my Nan died, we moved house but as I was part of her will, I was lucky to receive a large sum of money. Because of this I could treat myself but the money became the coping mechanism for losing Nan, dropping out of College and then moving house.

I slipped downwards but as my life got better outwardly (Got into the games industry, learned to drive girlfriends etc.) I thought why do I never want to go out? I was nearly 20 stone, sweat all the time in social situations & felt happier at home in my bedroom. My wake up was going to the GP about the sweating and he diagnosed me with anxiety. Problem was he offered me 2 routes out: Beta Blockers and a support group in my local village. Trouble was I was against drugs preferring self help and the support group was just 1 day a week, on a Wednesday at 3pm and it was run by Mum's and had no male members... Just what you want to hear as a 22 year old bloke who works Monday to Friday!

I got better slowly after that point through self help. Walked every lunchtime round the research park, eat better, stopped my OCD habits like games collecting, listened to relaxing music and when I was stressed, I realised my shoulders were almost touching my ear lobes! When I realised, I closed my eyes, calmed down and my shoulders would drop. A form of meditation before I knew what it was!

I'm now 14 stone, healthy and love running, moved out of my Mum's, Martied my beautiful Wife, have a House and a job I love which pays triple what I was paid 5 years ago with people I call my friends. I'm in such a happy place now it's brilliant but I still have little moments where I hear the negative voice, I get stressed & want to hide away. The trick is to see those moments, relax and then remember how it used to be.
Great story :)

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I think I'm done with life. After my trip I'm just going to die. If the after life is one whole apocalyptic world or nothingness so be it. The grass there is much more greener than here.

Lucario

EDIT:

I think I'm done with life. After my trip I'm just going to die. If the after life is one whole apocalyptic world or nothingness so be it. The grass there is much more greener than here.

NO. No, no, no, no, no. Please call 1-800-273-8255 and speak to someone. PM me if you don't want to do that, and we can talk it through.

Hey GAF -

Been taking adderall to help with some ADHD and Depression symptoms for years now. Started when I was 18, been with 4 insurance companies since then who all approved the generic version without a fight.

My work just switched to Tufts, and after paying out of pocket for 2 months while struggling my way through the "pre-approval" process, they denied it. Apparently I need to have evidence of an ADHD diagnosis before I was 12 to get any coverage, which I don't.

Any idea on how to fight this? I can't go cold turkey on the only medication that's been able to help me, but I also can't afford the $200 a month it would cost to pay out of pocket. Kind of scared, and fucking furious that this is legal in the US.

I broke up with my girlfriend five days ago, and life has become so, so lonely. My apartment is now empty, all her stuff gone. My friends, which I don't have a lot of anyway, are scattered around and usually working far more than myself.

I can't tell if I made a mistake in breaking up with her because I miss her or I miss basic human contact. It honestly could be either one at this point, but I'm leaning towards the latter.

I need to get out of this apartment before I go stir-crazy. I don't know how I ever thought I could live alone, this is dangerous for me.

jb1234

So I've been dealing with nerve pain since November and the doctor gave me three options: Neurontin, Lyrica, or Cymbalta. I used to be on Paxil for years and got myself off of finally and was doing really well. Well this nerve pain has been quite difficult to deal with so I was at the point of trying anything.

I chose Neurontin because I didn't think it would effect my serotonin levels and therefore not make me feel foggy or out of sorts. I was originally going to wait for a day off but this week my allergies have been killing me which may have lead to more jaw pain so I took one last night as prescribed and today was the worst day I have had at work in a long time. And that was just ONE pill! 300mg to start and eventually I am supposed to work my way up to 900! There is no way in hell that will happen. In fact the next time I try, it will be 100mg once a day for quite a while. Anyways I just wanted to post this in case anyone has dealt with that drug before and I really didn't know where else to post.

Thanks.

Having fibromyalgia, I have experience with all three of those drugs. All three have the potential to cause that side effect. Personally, I found Lyrica to be the nastiest as far as side effects went (and I gained weight on it, which is common).

I need to get out of this apartment before I go stir-crazy. I don't know how I ever thought I could live alone, this is dangerous for me.

Yeah, I know what you mean. In my case, my girlfriend broke up with me two weeks ago and it feels terrible.
I still love her, and love being around her, but I need to get out of our flat soon as as possible - but I'm fucking scared of being alone, especially with all the dark thoughts that are flying through my mind recently.

Two of my closest friends moved to another city a few weeks ago, which really sucks. I try to spend as much time with my remaining friends as possible (or even with my ex, as we still like each other), but as soon as I'm alone, I get extremely depressed.

Apparently I've had "depressive tendencies" for a long time and due to breakup it became so much, much worse. Every day is a struggle and there's nothing that cheers me up or looking forward to. I finally realized that I was a big mess for years and years now. For example, I could not stand being alone when I lived in London, so I went out drinking basically every day. Just to not be alone and have some company. Up until now, I thought of it as just being my hardcore party time or something, but now I know, that I should have gotten help back then.

Just this morning, I thought why the fuck should I even keep trying. Staying in our flat, helps me a bit to calm down - just to cry myself to sleep once I realize that we're not together anymore. But maybe it's better than being alone in a flat without much furniture and just by myself (and probably lots of alcohol).

Maybe I will get over her one day even if she was my one shot at happiness, but even then, I'm still a big mess, a loser and lonely.

Anung

Un Rama
Things have been very in the middle for me recently which I've got to say feels pretty damn good. Usually I'm ping ponging between suicidal thoughts and intense self hatred with short bursts of okayness.

Psychodynamic Therapy has been stepping up as we're kind of getting to the darker shit so it'll be interesting to see where that goes. It's a coin flip when I get out of a session whether I'll be okay or emotionally wrecked for the next two days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom