• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Sayad

Maybe listening to all that metal has destroyed my hearing but I honestly can't hear any problem with the audio recording for voices. They sound fine to me.
They're fine to me too, but definitely a drop in quality coming from Nier:A.

How on Earth do I get Kawakami to do my laundry? I get the option for coffee but it never shows up for laundry.
I think when you go to do your laundry you get asked if you want her to do it for you.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Finished the 6th Palace, don't open spoiler until you've finished the story sequence that follows the retelling if the prologue. I have to say
that plot twist, it was awesome. Game had me thinking I had got the bad ending and when I saw Haru in a car I was like: fuck this! Only to see that I'm not actually dead.

The whole setup makes sense. It's risky and they know it. It was amazing. Just wow, really. One of the best twists I remember.
One of my
favorite twists in a long time. I picked up on the pancakes thing and thought it was so cliche that the gang didn't. Then comes the obvious traitor, etc. etc... until it turns out that the twist isn't the traitor's identity at all, and that it centers around the fact that the gang DID pick up on that line. It was a great use of the framing device and the game built up to it naturally without giving it away, like the throwaway line before the palace about the police station being the same. It was perfect.

Guess Who

Banned
Near the end of palace 7 spoilers
I'm real glad I had a bunch of Personas that repel or null Curse for that boss rush, christ.

RalchAC

I liked walking around the maps in p3/p4. P5's areas are so unfun to walk around I now quick travel everywhere.

I loved walking about for the first 3-4 arcs. It has some amazing scenes like
Makoto following you with a magazine

After a while it gets boring.

This game has some of the coolest walking animations I've ever seen. I love walking wound in some moments, even in certain situations during dungeons.

FluxWaveZ

This game has some of the coolest walking animations I've ever seen. I love walking wound in some moments, even in certain situations during dungeons.

Always walk like a cool guy to the treasure on the day of the heist, while Life Will Change plays in the background.

Zafir

I loved walking about for the first 3-4 arcs. It has some amazing scenes like
Makoto following you with a magazine

After a while it gets boring.

I think walking round the school can be interesting. All of the things the students say change based on the plot. I think it's a nice bit of attention to detail.

Thud

Persona 6 needs to have voiced portagonist honestly, none of this half assed bs. He is already voiced here in parts because those scenes would have been impossible without voiced lines, so they should just go all in and make him voiced like others. You could still have responses like "Beep Boop" and it not feel odd as those weren't voiced interactions anyway.

Voice actor still had to say all the personas in the game. :p

jonjonaug

One of my
favorite twists in a long time. I picked up on the pancakes thing and thought it was so cliche that the gang didn't. Then comes the obvious traitor, etc. etc... until it turns out that the twist isn't the traitor's identity at all, and that it centers around the fact that the gang DID pick up on that line. It was a great use of the framing device and the game built up to it naturally without giving it away, like the throwaway line before the palace about the police station being the same. It was perfect.
I thought it was pretty obvious from the getgo, especially
after Futaba started fiddling with Akechi's phone

FluxWaveZ

I barely touched the Sun arcana at all, unfortunately. It didn't help that I thought you needed a persona of his arcana to be efficient, but there was just always someone else I rather hung out with. He's one of the only ones I didn't get to 10 with in my first playthrough.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ya'll better be doing the Sun confidant

If I catch sleeping on my boy Tora, so help me God...

Do you always level up when he is available? I don't think I have seen the option to just hang out with him.

I think I have him at Level 9 right now, he has been pretty damn helpful.

CSX

In the save area right before the final boss. Decided to spend cash on fusing all personas I didn't have yet on my maxed out confidants. I'm looking at a 93% compendium on first playthrough. Not too bad :p

Still got 1.2 million yen to spare which should be enough for Becky on NG+ playthrough.

Ultimadrago

Strength Rank 10:
Now that I have higher level persona unlocked to fusing, should I just jump in or hold off till after 11/21?

Strength Rank 10:
Up to you. Just make sure you have Persona to help matchup your interested Social Links as well. Also, as you go higher up the price does too, quickly. Just a thing to keep in mind.

Do you always level up when he is available? I don't think I have seen the option to just hang out with him.

Sun Link
is one of the arcana that will level almost every time you are with them and do not have to worry about holding a matching arcana to get bonus points with.

PK Gaming

He was my first rank 10.

Same, he was my first as well.

It was such a good confidant, on so many levels. Especially that ending.

I barely touched the Sun arcana at all, unfortunately. It didn't help that I thought you needed a persona of his arcana to be efficient, but there was just always someone else I rather hung out with. He's one of the only ones I didn't get to 10 with in my first playthrough.

I think that's going to be Iwai's for me; I haven't bothered with his link all that much.

You're forced to spend time with him if you don't have enough points, yeah.

EDIT: Oh, looks like i'm wrong. Weird, I distinctly remember just spending time with him at some point.

Probably because you cancel out before you get the option to select it, which comes at the end of the process.
Yeah, that's what probably happened.
I barely had one and leveled him up very quickly. I don't think it's necessary with his arcana.

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah ok I get the complaints about Morgana now...

I just had a string of like 5 days in a row where I can't do aanything other than some story related stuff.... I get back home in the evening and can't even craft a lockpick? Give me a fucking break...

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Best part was the pedestrian traffic in the loading screen changing from Japanese people to fat Americans drinking soda and girls in bikinis.

I legit cannot think of another game with this much attention to small details. Even the goddamn loading screens are filled with care and love.

Yeah ok I get the complaints about Morgana now...

I just had a string of like 5 days in a row where I can't do aanything other than some story related stuff.... I get back home in the evening and can't even craft a lockpick? Give me a fucking break...

You say "can't even craft a lockpick" like at the very least you should be able to do that. But over five days if all you can do is craft stuff you'd just be overflowing with proficiency and lockpicks and they would never again factor into your schedule.

Jiraiza

I really like how the awakenings of all the characters aren't all necessarily tied to the MC; they just kept it to a minimum with only Ryuji and Ann. It's actually pretty refreshing from the "MC is the universe" thing they had going for Persona 4.

Here's hoping Persona 6 moves away even further from that kind of writing, too.

Szadek

Getting mad at Morgana is stupid. He is just telling you that your character is tired.
Don't shot the messenger!

Anyway, suddenly feel like getting platinum, something I rarely borther with, but some of them look really annoying to get.

Toki767

Getting mad at Morgana is stupid. He is just telling you that your character is tired.
Don't shot the messenger!

Anyway, suddenly feel like getting platinum, something I rarely borther with, but some of them look really annoying to get.
If I can't get the Passionate Listener trophy on my first playthrough I'm just not even going to bother.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I don't think I ever used a sun persona and I got him to 10, don't think it even lets you do something with him and not rank up.

Devil is the one I'm most iffy on since the rewards are so ass and I already maxed charm. Fortune is helping me soooo much though.

If I can't get the Passionate Listener trophy on my first playthrough I'm just not even going to bother.

i've got it on the final boss, haha!

but when i saw that you have to grind in NG+ to be able to do the secret boss, fuck the platinum, i don't have time for that... why not put simply at the end of the game? this is stupid

daveo42

Banned
Strength Rank 10:
Up to you. Just make sure you have Persona to help matchup your interested Social Links as well. Also, as you go higher up the price does too, quickly. Just a thing to keep in mind.

Thanks.
Saw some of the higher level prices...whew. I did end up fusing a handful of new things, but it put a dent in my funds. Looks like more trips to Mementos soonish to cash up.

Szadek

i've got it on the final boss, haha!

but when i saw that you have to grind in NG+ to be able to do the secret boss, fuck the platinum, i don't have time for that... why not put simply at the end of the game? this is stupid
A guide recommanded to figh the boss on save mode.

Jiraiza

9/19:

And that's the final party member! Still pretty curious about
Akechi's involvement at this point, but I guess we'll see at the end of the fifth Palace.

jonjonaug

This one is easier than it sounds due to party members gaining XP even when inactive. Just swap out regularly and you should get it. If you don't have it by 12/22 hop into Mementos and get status ailments and KOs on purpose and you'll get it in like 20 minutes.

Weiss

Banned
Sojiro's Confidant route is so fucking good.

The scene where the protagonist steps in to protect Futaba and the dude whiffs was awesome because it's this send up to the original incident that got the protagonist in shit in the first place only this time Sojiro actually sticks up for you.

Top Bottom