• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

I wish I could understand how the spawns could be so atrocious in modes that don't use traditional/set spawns.

Like, the amount of times I shoot someone with spawn protection in Arms Race is a joke. Not to mention the amount of times my team will be fighting the enemy team, we kill a couple of them and then they magically spawn behind us with 6 seconds of spawn protection. It's getting to the point where I don't even want to play the mode anymore.

BHK3

Banned
Haven't played in months, see they've continued to ignore horde in every way and just added more gun skins instead of doing something else :/

Ballistik

Cross-play is now PERMANENT in social quickplay
https://news.xbox.com/2017/01/27/gears-4-versus-social-cross-play/

Some snippets..
Today, we are excited to announce a major step in the future of Gears of War 4 Versus Multiplayer with the introduction of cross-play between Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs in Social Quickplay!

Here's a look at some of the top stats from our cross-play Test Weekend:

Over 750,000 Matches Played
Over 115,000 Unique Participants – 91/9 split from Xbox to Windows 10
Average of 6.2 matches played by Xbox users, with 11.2 for Windows 10 users
Over 90% of all matches during the weekend included a mix of Windows 10 and Xbox One players
Windows 10 and Xbox players had closely-matched results when comparing Average KD, Score and Kills per match based on skill ratings
The quality of matches improved for both Xbox and Windows 10 users – social lobbies had a higher average user count, and players completed 95% of all social matches entered vs 90% prior to Cross-play Weekend

As such, beginning today, Social Quickplay will now be a Cross-play playlist! This step is planned to be a permanent move for the future of Social Quickplay, with the first few months being a ‘trial period' in order to monitor player feedback alongside data to ensure the Test Weekend was representative.

Edit: I see there's a thread on it..

Theorry

Really like these skins.

z-i7wvsd_zjvanszwbevsx5s27.jpg

_DrMario_

So I just picked this game up on PC and even if I'm playing on Ultra it just looks really blurry to me. Are there any settings I can play with to improve this? I searched on google but couldn't find anything except a couple posts mentioning the same thing.

So are we to the point where Gears 4 has the spongiest Gnasher in Gears history? I swear it gets worse every time I load up the game yet TC seems content to just never acknowledge it.

AXE

So, decided to check back into Gears 4 after a while because I was kinda bummed about the early leavers at Horde.

Things haven't changed even though there was a huge news screen about penalties for those who leave games.

Also, as a new feature I see people levelling 2 classes the same time. As in, the other character doesn't do anything.

Really great stuff.

Uninstalling.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
So, decided to check back into Gears 4 after a while because I was kinda bummed about the early leavers at Horde.

Things haven't changed even though there was a huge news screen about penalties for those who leave games.

Also, as a new feature I see people levelling 2 classes the same time. As in, the other character doesn't do anything.

Really great stuff.

Uninstalling.

They seriously need to do something with the idea because 50 waves of endurance just isn't working any more.

I tried to play a game yesterday. We got to wave 20, some guy used 50,000 points launching his hammer of dawn attacks to finish the round then quit when it was over.

I think that's probably the last time I try horde. Since launch I've only played two games that have gone passed wave 20 without someone quitting.

AXE

They seriously need to do something with the idea because 50 waves of endurance just isn't working any more.

I tried to play a game yesterday. We got to wave 20, some guy used 50,000 points launching his hammer of dawn attacks to finish the round then quit when it was over.

I think that's probably the last time I try horde. Since launch I've only played two games that have gone passed wave 20 without someone quitting.

50 waves takes a long time even with friends, so yeah, they need to do something.

I do like the formula: simple maps that you don't need to study so that you can focus on setting the camp. Simple thing to relax after a days work.

But these quitters... jebus h scheiss. Time to move on I guess.

Jinaar

Played last night and this morning for the first time in months. Game is great but with the psychosocial pull to get credits to buy packs, especially saving up 2000 credits to get a skin, I'm already going to quit. Less than 2 hrs played this morning and close to 400 credits gained. You'd have to play 6 to plus hours to get a pack. Just stupid.

Garden Warfare 2 gives credits more generously than that. Even Overwatch with leveling and a chance to get.

Sorry MS / Coalition, you need to fix your shit. It's criminal. You obviously just want folks to by packs. Not happening here.

Sad they are so aggressively abusive here.

njean777

Especially when you can possibly win prizes for doing so! I REALLY wish there weren't Horde bounties for getting to wave 20. I pretty much expect folks to drop at wave 21.

I need help, Gears. I love Gears of War, but I SUCK at Vs. I just can't seem to get a hold of wall bouncing, and double tapping with the Gnasher, so I get my ass handed to me. It's why I pretty much just play Horde.

How do I get good?

Wall bouncing isn't a necessity to know in VS, I love when people try to be fancy and I just blow them apart. Funny thing to do when they wall bounce is to just rev the lancers chainsaw and watch them wall bounce right into it. I have done that many times. It becomes easy to deal with after awhile. It is all about timing I have found out. Don't panic and just wait for the right time to shoot your Gnasher. I know a lot of people panic when they take damage, but it is par for the course in any shooter. Just have to chill and wait for the right time to shoot. You may die or live, but no reason to panic.

Played last night and this morning for the first time in months. Game is great but with the psychosocial pull to get credits to buy packs, especially saving up 2000 credits to get a skin, I'm already going to quit. Less than 2 hrs played this morning and close to 400 credits gained. You'd have to play 6 to plus hours to get a pack. Just stupid.

Garden Warfare 2 gives credits more generously than that. Even Overwatch with leveling and a chance to get.

Sorry MS / Coalition, you need to fix your shit. It's criminal. You obviously just want folks to by packs. Not happening here.

Sad they are so aggressively abusive here.

Not defending the in any way as it is bullshit that they dish out very little credits, but the packs are not needed to be good in the game. I play KOH (ranked) mostly and haven't really had a problem getting VS boosters. In the packs there is nothing but XP boosts or skins, nothing major like damage increases or anything (at least in VS).

Jinaar

Not defending the in any way as it is bullshit that they dish out very little credits, but the packs are not needed to be good in the game. I play KOH (ranked) mostly and haven't really had a problem getting VS boosters. In the packs there is nothing but XP boosts or skins, nothing major like damage increases or anything (at least in VS).

That was why I posted originally the psychological effect packs and credits have on my person. I can get easily indoctrinated to strive to get shit that I don't need. If the developer makes it manageable, then I stick around. But if it feels like getting fisted, I tend to leave.

I can imagine most people feel like this and in the long run, you lose players to make up your player base, sadly.

As I said above, I no longer play, but I never got anywhere near completing 50 waves of Horde during my time with the game.

I supported keeping the traditional 50 wave structure while others told me it was just too long, but to be frank, they were right.

Unless you're playing with friends, it is nigh on impossible to finish a game.

If you can leave after wave 20 with a hefty bounty, why bother hanging around? That you can only equip one at the start of the match, makes it even worse.

It needs a total overhaul if you ask me.

Jinaar

Remember we used to play Gears just to play? And not to get credits?

Anyone?

Hello?

You're 100% right. But in the end, a dev put credits in and for me as an individual, effects me negatively. It's like achievements with me, even the silly ones that are impossible to get but since they are there, like a bug to a light at night, time to get burnt.

But I will take your thoughts to heart and play more for the experience in games and not the other items of less interest.

so finished the campaign , i had a couple of match online and was suprised that it was 60fps thats cool , played some horde too , anybody know if the online of gear of war 3 still work?

HiiiLife

I haven't seen that just yet.

People still tea bag though. And I still don't care. Nothing funnier than people raging when getting tea bagged.

Mind games work

Man don't they. Can't help but get teed off when it first happened online in halo 2. Legit never seen it happen it in games, not even split screen halo ce. I blame halo lol

The new Guardian spawns system is great. Had a match where the enemy leader did nothing but camp in their spawn so I (as the leader) worked my way closer and closer to their spawn. With my team spawning on me repeatedly the pressure just became too much for them and we were able to win the round.

It adds a nice risk/reward factor to being aggressive as the leader. I like it a lot.

The new Guardian spawns system is great. Had a match where the enemy leader did nothing but camp in their spawn so I (as the leader) worked my way closer and closer to their spawn. With my team spawning on me repeatedly the pressure just became too much for them and we were able to win the round.

It adds a nice risk/reward factor to being aggressive as the leader. I like it a lot.

It's definitely an improvement. Now they just need to make it so that the leader can see enemies with LB instead of going into the map.

I am really getting sick of all the region hopping in this game. Half of every every match I play is people from god knows where with 300+ ping to the server.

Wonder why Gears 4 has so much sponging? Probably because you're shooting someone that's halfway across the world.

J-Roderton

I just blew 2400 on the COG corpse skin

Got a shitload of bounties I could scrap though, which should net me about 1000 scrap

I use the COG skin all the time. Thought about trying to go for the corpse. Worth it? It looks cool, but is it easy to tell difference between it and regular cog during matches?

pitchfork

I use the COG skin all the time. Thought about trying to go for the corpse. Worth it? It looks cool, but is it easy to tell difference between it and regular cog during matches?

Its not immediately noticeable, I'll be honest, but looks so fucking cool if you get the camera just right when wall hugging and can see the skeletal remains underneath

A brief clip I made to try and show it http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Pitchfork9/video/26846932

i miss the multiplayer dialogue from gears 3, all the characters in gears 4 are pretty fukin silent and in between rounds there is no motivational speech from the leaders.

i still havnt played on the new maps. tdm on blood drive is now spawn trapped central, i know they wanted to stop spawn switching so much but we got spawn trapped the whole game, the team was trash but still

BenjiGAF

If anyone is still running Horde I could use a good team of people who know wtf they are doing. Tried last night but by wave 15 I was alone

I jumped in and played a few matches last night after not playing for a few months. I swear the graphics looked better, I felt like I was going crazy.

I played a lot this week end and bought four of these event packs. I finally got the Legendary male UIR soldier. So happy. He was the one thing I wanted most. I should thank God/fate/the cosmos for this.

Top Bottom