• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

jakncoke

Banned
Any good mafia movies on Netflix?

Im not even sure there much of a selection regardless of quality. The Untouchables just popped back in which is a good watch, Just seen Hoodlum last night which was average, A Bronx Tale is a good watch . But other than that I dont really think there is anything there

DagsJT

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them all out. I remember Gomorrah being advertised a while ago actually.

V/H/S. Fucked up movie!

I saw it last night too. I liked the first bit in the hotel the best with
demon girl
although it took a while to get to the good part and the last one my 2nd fav although some parts of it looked very fake lol. Everything else I found kinda meh tbh. Also saw the good, the bad, the weird which was amazing.

FloatOn

Iron Sky is one of the most absurd movies I've ever watched. It's up there with Snakes on a Plane levels of stupid.

That said, it excels at what it intends to do: entertain. The blonde is also easy on the eyes.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Iron Sky is one of the most absurd movies I've ever watched. It's up there with Snakes on a Plane levels of stupid.

That said, it excels at what it intends to do: entertain. The blonde is also easy on the eyes.

I have never seen s.o.a.p., so maybe that's why I turned off iron sky half way through. I knew going in not to expect much, but it still failed to entertain.

The blonde is cute, yes.

yukonrye

V/H/S. Fucked up movie!
I watched this last night and thought it was great. It's like the found footage version of the old horror anthology movies from the 80's, like Creepshow. It has all the classic horror tropes, lots of douchbags and boobs. The first "tape" is the best by far, the 3rd and 4th are weak, mainly because of the horrible acting.

I have never seen s.o.a.p., so maybe that's why I turned off iron sky half way through. I knew going in not to expect much, but it still failed to entertain.

The blonde is cute, yes.

I couldn't make it through it either. I found it to be a chore to watch really.

There is a cute blonde in almost every movie so that's not really enough for me to keep watching either. :)

Kevtones

I watched Young Adult last night. I guess I don't dislike Diablo Cody as much as I thought I did — it was pretty good. Totally a cringe-fest all the way through, and Charlize Theron and Patton Oswalt were great.

The cutaway shots to the action figures during the
sex scene
were fantastic.

FloatOn

The blonde is cute, yes.

There is this whole genre of "it's so bad it's good" movies that I watch on occasion. You really have to be in the mood to just turn your brain off and enjoy the ridiculous.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
There is this whole genre of "it's so bad it's good" movies that I watch on occasion. You really have to be in the mood to just turn your brain off and enjoy the ridiculous.

I posted it a few pages back, telling Bl4ckSunsh1n3, who couldn't finish it either, that it falls under 'it's so bad, it's good' category, but it's just bad. I guess I can only stand these types of films for a short period of time. I remember turning off 'Tire' half-way through as well. That movie about a killer tire.

Escape From Camp 14 is definitely worth a watch.

I added it thanks to the other thread, and will watch it later today.

I posted it a few pages back, telling Bl4ckSunsh1n3, who couldn't finish it either, that it falls under 'it's so bad, it's good' category, but it's just bad. I guess I can only stand these types of films for a short period of time. I remember turning off 'Tire' half-way through as well. That movie about a killer tire.
That would be Rubber, and that movie doesn't qualify as it's a different beast. I'm not really a fan of Rubber either, but it's more an example of absurdism than it is a classic b-movie, even if there is a b-movie taking place within the movie itself, it's all a bit meta. It also has excellent cinematography and is beautifully shot.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
That would be Rubber, and that movie doesn't qualify as it's a different beast. I'm not really a fan of Rubber either, but it's more an example of absurdism than it is a classic b-movie, even if there is a b-movie taking place within the movie itself, it's all a bit meta. It also has excellent cinematography and is beautifully shot.

Ahh yes, rubber, my mistake. I agree with the last part. I was surprised at how well shot the movie was. And it was probably the reason I stuck with it for as long as I did.

androvsky

Iron Sky was the first professional film from a group that was only known for a Star Treck vs. Babylon 5 fan film. My main complaint was that they wasted too much time on trying to have a serious message than having fun, like they did with Star Wreck. Although having pro actors was a nice change. :)

Gobias

Banned
Any good mafia movies on Netflix?

I haven't seen it, but Sexy Beast is supposed to be pretty good. Gommarah too. Miller's Crossing is good.

From the movie I last watched thread:

The Conversation - Great. There were certainly a couple of scenes that I felt were dull or went on for too long, but for the most part, it was very unsettling and suspenseful. A good score and some really nice shots helped add to the atmosphere. Plus, DAT Hackman. I thought Ford was pretty good too actually. I can't find it, but there's this one shot that really stuck with me where Ford and his shadow are barley peaking from behind a wall, and looking into the elevator with Hackman in it. Anyway, 8/10

Lars and the Real Girl - 7/10

Both are worth watches though

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Watching a documentary called Murder by Proxy: How America Went Postal. It examines the growing phenomenon of spree killings in the US and what brings a seemingly normal person to the point of committing murder.

JLG-

Finally watched V/H/S last night. I thought it was decent tbh. I'm definitely interested in watching the sequel.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What would happen to my queue if my subscription expired? Would it be immediately deleted, or would there be a month or two grace period before everything got erased?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Finally watched V/H/S last night. I thought it was decent tbh. I'm definitely interested in watching the sequel.

The sequel looks better. Hopefully, whoever directed the second, and woods sections, aren't involved with the sequel.

What would happen to my queue if my subscription expired? Would it be immediately deleted, or would there be a month or two grace period before everything got erased?

My subscription expired for a few months, and my q was intact when I renewed. I think you have up to a year. Don't quote on that.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Escape From Camp 14 is definitely worth a watch.

Camp 14: Total Control Zone, is the name of the documentary, if that is what you are referring to.

I just finished watching it, and it was good. It was a compelling story, and an incredible one at that. Just amazing what human beings are capable of doing to one another. If you have even the slightest interest in North Korea, you should watch it.

Some negatives on the documentary though, it can be a bit slow moving. At times, they don't translate some of the stuff they talk about. Overall though, I thought it was well done.

I will probably read the book soon, since I keep reading that it is better than the film.

Fuckin ell has anyone seen the movie dream home? BRUTAL is a mild term for this movie.

Dream-Home-Poster.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
And killing her in the process. :/

That movie has been in my q for the longest. I think it's about time I watched it. I heard it brutal/gory.

Then that dude being forced to go get her and bring her to class only to learn she died. :/

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Just finished The Chaser. Good movie, but not great. Would have been great if not for the giant fuck up towards the end

Like, when the killer finds the girl again in the store? Are you fucking kidding me?!?!?! She had a better chance of getting struck by lightning than being found again. Killing the character is not the problem, but having the killer walk into the same store, the clerk spilling the beans immediately, handing over a weapon, the cop that was tailing him doing NOTHING and the cops that were called in apparently taking a nap? Ruined the movie for me, total bullshit.

Enco

Just finished The Chaser. Good movie, but not great. Would have been great if not for the giant fuck up towards the end

Like, when the killer finds the girl again in the store? Are you fucking kidding me?!?!?! She had a better chance of getting struck by lightning than being found again. Killing the character is not the problem, but having the killer walk into the same store, the clerk spilling the beans immediately, handing over a weapon, the cop that was tailing him doing NOTHING and the cops that were called in apparently taking a nap? Ruined the movie for me, total bullshit.
One of my favorite movies.

It's brilliant but I agree that that scene was slightly annoying. Didn't ruin it for me though. Such amazing tension.

Wow. Just saw VHS. I'm coming here to NOT recommend the movie. Terrible.

I watched it last night and didn't think it was too bad.
There really isn't much of a story though, it just seems like an excuse to show home movies to make you say WTF.

I like you.

Top Bottom