• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 15 - Windows Version Trailer (PC)

sanhora

I would've bought this day1 because of the hype if it had been simultaneous with the consoles, but now that I know it's shit I'll wait until it's 10 dollarydoos. Funny how that works.

Synless

By definitive I mean best playing/looking one.

I don't even think the game is worth 20 bucks with how disappointed I am with it.
I was happy enough with it that I have zero regrets paying full price for it. It was a very solid game.

Pachael

Like clockwork. Of course this was coming. SE is pretty consistent on their porting routine.

It almost has been one year since release, so on time too. The Win10 and Origin store versions are surprising. Maybe the former with the XB1 code uplift for XB1X, and the latter... idk maybe Origin access for third parties?

makke007

Neo Member
So happy about this. Avoided all spoilers on X1 and PS4 :D Will probably include all dlc and cost 30-40 Bucks like the X/X2-Remaster probably

Mifec

I was happy enough with it that I have zero regrets paying full price for it. It was a very solid game.

It's a really bad final fantasy game in my opinion. It lacks and interesting world, well developed characters, the traversal with the car was badly implemented, story is mediocre as heck. Combat and graphics is all it had going for me when I played it. I plan on making a thread about it one day when I stop being lazy but I replied to you just so my earlier post doesn't look like bait or something.
edit: I forgot the soundtrack which is top tier...when it's there.
So is this game actually any good or what?

Reply above is what I think about it in short.

Tyaren

Damn, all this time I would've killed for a real photomode in this game... :( (A real one, not the low quality snapshot feature.) The fact that it is Ansel and not an in-game photomode very likely means we will never see one in FFXV in general, also not on consoles.

spuckthew

I've never really been much into Final Fantasy and have only ever played Crystal Chronicles on GameCube (which I know is like some kind of spin-off, but I vastly preferred the action-RPG style combat over turn-based random encounters).

I like the look of FF XV, especially the hack 'n' slash/action-RPG combat. If the game is legit good I might seriously considering getting this.

EDIT: It seems like GAF doesn't like it much lol

Koozek

Yeah, the first-person mode looks dumb and not ideal at all with chaotic combat like this; you'll probably spend most of the time looking at beastly legs while being constantly pushed away by them into other objects and characters that'll obstruct your view, lol.

Ludens

Banned

The game is plenty of flaws, in my opinion, from the plot holes you need to fill by accessing external sources (like the official guide) to the fact the main story-line is not really too engaging, it feels like SE thought about the open-world first and later they had stuck in the plot the better way they could....and the fact you can only take one hunt at time, the HUGE loading times (at least on vanilla PS4), the bad and chaotic combat.

Still, I had fun with the game, and I still boot it from time to time to clear some missions or hunts.

Dr Thor

Neo Member
This was the big surprise? We already knew this was happening. Origin is a surprise I guess.

It looks fabulous, but then looks were never this game's problem. I might have a look in if modders do something interesting with combat and the nonexistent magic system. As it stands now the combat is too simplistic for me to want to go back, and the story/characters certainly didn't make up for it in my opinion.

Lime

Honestly, it's not a very good game and it's pretty flawed and medicore with little redeeming features. There are better games that you probably haven't played to spend your time on.

Unless you just want to look at pretty graphics, I'd suggest to skip this.

True Fire

Honestly, it's not a very good game and it's pretty flawed and medicore with little redeeming features. There are better games that you probably haven't played to spend your time on.

Unless you just want to look at pretty graphics, I'd suggest to skip this.

Final Fantasy XV is an excellent game. One of the most beautiful games ever (look at that trailer) with well defined characters and a great sense of "adventure."

Ignore the hackneyed "THIS GAME SUCKS" posts like above. They're just repeating talking points. XV has the same problems as most open world games--including HZD.

It's fine. Combat can be fine but lacks the depth that could make it truly great. Exploration and questing can be addictive if you're down with MMO-style quests, and the dungeons are a real stand out. Music is also fantastic.

It has issues in the story and the combat does leave me wanting more from it but it isn't terrible. It's perfectly fine and this version will be the best.

I haven't seen the trailer yet, but for those claiming the first person view... I wonder how the combat will feel like once Noctis starts to move fast and teleporting etc.
I hope those changes make it to the console version as well

AAMARMO

Banned
EKQpvmh.gif

Top Bottom