• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioware teases Shadow Realms, GamesCom unveil, not from BioWare Canada

Sirim

The only time a dude eerily seeing himself in a strange dream-like state was cool was in Empire Strikes Back.

I hope this is either Mass Effect related (doubtful) or a new IP. Either way, I'm excited. For better or for worse, I will always love BioWare games.

Jarmel

Banned
Definitely Gamescom announcement. So Gamescom starts on August 13, and I went to the 'college's' website and looked at their schedule.

http://www.woods-watsoninstitute.info/core-curriculum-overview/ said:
calendar_rev.jpg

Guess what also starts on the 13th? So the school is tied into this somehow. There's a ton of stuff on the school website under the course section like alchemy stuff and incorporeal entities.

So looks like a horror game.

Okay some of the courses deal with people who disappeared. It looks like this might be a game where we can look into alternate realities. In the reality for the first course Percival Fawcett survived his journey, and in the 2nd Barbara never stopped writing.

Explorations of Percival Fawcett: 1927-1956 Professor Paterson WW1040 Tu/Thur 5pm-6pm

Lt. Colonel Percival Fawcett was one of the greatest explorers of the 20th century. A skilled surveyor, he fearlessly ventured places no human had dared travel before. We will examine some of his most fantastic discoveries, beginning with his 1927 expedition.

Along with his eldest son, Fawcett disappeared under unknown circumstances in 1925 during an expedition to find "Z" – his name for an ancient lost city, which he and others[1] believed to be El Dorado, in the uncharted jungles of Brazil.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percy_Fawcett

7614 Literature of Barbara Newhall Follett: 1965-1985 Professor Follett WW1950 F 3pm-4pm

This is a rare opportunity to discuss and dissect the works of Barbara Newhall Follett with the author herself. Professor Follett will explore not only recurring themes in her work, but also her writing process and inspirations. This class is not offered every semester. Students are encouraged to sign up early.

In 1939, aged 25, she reportedly became depressed with her marriage and walked out of her apartment with just thirty dollars. She was never seen again.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Newhall_Follett

Edit: Yep other things point to alternate realities as well.
Since the creation of life, man or otherwise, war and death have also existed. One cannot exist without the other. We will delve into the motives of war and the effects they have on society. The end of semester project is a presentation speculating on how the world would change based on a different outcome to the war of each student’s choice.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I didn't get an email.

Am I not good enough, BioWare?

Have I not already proven my loyalty?

Yeah I just got the email the link isn't working in it though.

EDIT

I just watched it looks pretty interesting wonder what's it about ?

My thoughts exactly.

I think Edmontons new IP is still a bit out in the future, but it could be them or Austin at this point - since this is in no way related to their currently announced IP's.

But I imagine it's all hands on deck for Mass Effect in launching in 2015 at Edmonton, and then it opens up for either this or Hudsons new IP in 2016.

Okay some of the courses deal with people who disappeared. It looks like this might be a game where we can look into alternate realities. In the reality for the first course Percival Fawcett survived his journey, and in the 2nd Barbara never stopped writing.

Along with his eldest son, Fawcett disappeared under unknown circumstances in 1925 during an expedition to find "Z" – his name for an ancient lost city, which he and others[1] believed to be El Dorado, in the uncharted jungles of Brazil.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percy_Fawcett

In 1939, aged 25, she reportedly became depressed with her marriage and walked out of her apartment with just thirty dollars. She was never seen again.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Newhall_Follett

So Bioware is making Murdered Soul Suspect Part Two?

Okay some of the courses deal with people who disappeared. It looks like this might be a game where we can look into alternate realities.

And the past, too. Sounds like some sort of time-travelling, alternate reality, ghost game? Sounds absolutely amazing to me. I love ancient history, and adore Assassin's Creed for its sci fi spin.

Some courses from the website for Bioware's ARG:

Diplomatic Protocols of Ancient Civilizations

"An effective diplomat is aware of all traditions behind a negotiation, which is especially challenging when compromising with multi-millennial political entities. This class is a requirement for students applying to act as liaison with the Radiant Empires."

Translating Hieroglyphics of the Late Awakening Era

"The hieroglyphics on great monuments provide our only window into the past, but the alphabet and logographs of vanished cultures resist our most fervent attempts at translation. It is imperative for our future survival that we understand the past. Together, we will decrypt the meanings that evade us."

Civilization and the Self: How Individuals can Create Something Greater

"We often think of civilizations as if they are one entity, but, in fact, every civilization, past and present, are made up of individuals. Instead of focusing on the broad picture, this course will analyze the daily lives of citizens in the greatest civilizations in history."

I just got this email a bit ago, too...but clicking on the link in it didn't work, so I figured I'd check NeoGAF, and lo and behold, it was the first thing at the top of the page.

Just watched the YouTube link. I'm interested.

Maybe some type of Golden Age with Alchemy, time travel, advanced everything etc.

Also this.

To achieve harmony, all parties in a cultural exchange must show proper respect and foreknowledge of each other’s nuances. An effective diplomat is aware of all traditions behind a negotiation, which is especially challenging when compromising with multi-millennial political entities. This class is a requirement for students applying to act as liaison with the Radiant Empires.

Flintty

Surely this is a widely sent, non targeted email? I have had no dealings with Bioware since KOTOR. Unless they got my details from those pesky EA guys?

Xando

Got the E-mail aswell.
Did EA announce a press conference yet ?
Only seen Sony confirm a presser for Gamescom.

Got the E-mail aswell.
Did EA announce a press conference yet ?
Only seen Sony confirm a presser for Gamescom.

EA usually always have an Gamescom press conference, at least they've had one every year up until now.

Maybe some type of Golden Age with Alchemy, time travel, advanced everything etc.

Also this.

Googling for Radiant Empire so far seems to be tricky as it collides with a faction in an nation-sim called NationStates.

Sentenza

EA usually always have an Gamescom press conference, at least they've had one every year up until now.
I know American companies usually perceive GamesCom as the lesser event, but better to have a good show this year, because they still need to make amend for their abysmal display at E3.

I know American companies usually perceive GamesCom as the lesser event, but better to have a good show this year, because they still need to make amend for their abysmal display at E3.

All the years I went to GC, which was six of them, EA always had an press conference no matter how shitty a year they had. And I really don't think American companies perceive GC as being an lesser event.

Their focus is just different due to GC is also an public show, all the big publishers put all of their money in that pool instead of press conferences that don't matter in the end. They make more money putting that into convincing normal people that their floor booth is the shit with all the big games.

Quentyn

Top Bottom