• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

TheFlow

Banned
Holy shit.

Gaf-bruh it is not your teammates

plays a game- gets a twitch/mf duo botlane on your team.

why did I not dodge

edit: should of looked them up too. both got a below 45 percent win rate with there picks. why lord.

Ever

Banned
P9RcOXC.png

Tightest game I've had in awhile. Was 4/1/1 at one point, both mid and bot lost (bot was 0/11 at one point). We managed to stall them out at baron and win with the game by scaling up, good team fighting, and zoning Annie away from squishy teammates. Plus I lead the game in damage.

It's games like these that keep me coming back to league. Feels like I'm taking steps forward. Slow ones, but they're coming.

23qwerty

Holy shit.

Gaf-bruh it is not your teammates

plays a game- gets a twitch/mf duo botlane on your team.

why did I not dodge

edit: should of looked them up too. both got a below 45 percent win rate with there picks. why lord.
mf is a legit support

bruh how do I get first blood and a double kill botlane, and they still lose lane hard. shit is dire.

bot feed? destroy other lanes so hard bot defeat will be meaningless. they can recover in late and you would waste time trying to save them and lose the lane anyway

JulianImp

tru, played her against a naut the other day, no bueno. fuckin blind pick

This is the main reason I'm wary about playing easily counterpick-able champs when I'm one of the first people to pick (or in normals, unless I'm okay with getting screwed by blind pick). Stuff such as Singed or Teemo top or Malz/Blitz sup tend to be easily picked around, and going for counterpick champs when you don't even know what you'll be up against sounds like a pretty bad idea.

Yorick top and Nami sup are my two main picks for those roles, since they feel way more fun to play than other picks and are fairly strong for me. On the other hand, I've all but dropped Lulu as a support champion (unless I get paired up against Malz, I guess), and absolutely suck at more reactive champions such as Taric or, god forbid, Janna.

drawkcaB

Opinions on vi jungle?

Strong. Presently overtuned but fundamentally a good jungling kit so she'll still be good into the future. Her ability to reach the backline gives her lots of threat when ahead. Downside is that she's a one trick pony with a very good trick. If that trick fails (i.e. she can't blow up the target carry or at least harass long enough) she's got nothing left in the tank, in contrast to, say, Warwick who can opt to use his ult as peel.

If you try her and like what you play there's no reason to not keep her in whatever prospective pool you're building, or even maining her. Considering your hesitation of playing Hecarim because of his early game, Vi may suit you very well.

Won a game, got 18 ... 2 points off from Promos. Been getting 20s from my last games sooooo I expected this win to be enuff to get to promos.
Lost a game, - 20 ... Ok.
Won next game, got 18 ... 4 points away from promos now.

Don't get that shit at all. Legit the game before I won my first game tonight gave me 20 and I was only dropping by 18/ 16 before my win streak.

Anyway, Spanking teams as Susan after they camped you to high hell feels good.
Went with Susan vs busted ass Jayce just now cause I don't like Illaoi into that and if I know Jayce players they're gonna wanna go Lethal build to just pop the mages and ADCs ... and I rarely build much armor on Illaoi so he would hit me hard to. Plus I coulda gone Poppy but we had a Mummy JG so I figured I would pick someone who could Raid Boss it up.

Thought it might not be too bad of a match up but it was hell after he got a lead.

Pick soraka because you can't trust solo queue to attack clone when Illoai support, give up first. Looks because he wants to get hyper aggressive in the wrong spot then get mad I didn't waste exhaust after he walks into lux binding, use exhaust next time and he still does for being too aggressive. Then proceed to ruin their lives after he properly plays aggressive and end the game with 18 assist or so..fuking S- rating

Also all Quinn's have been hard carrying lately

faridmon

From the one game I duoed with you on my smurf, here`s some things you can improve on 7flow.

1. Play more aggressive. Especially on champions like Nami, you can get really big leads in botlane during the early game. This means running up and using W whenever it`s off cooldown, constantly harassing with autos and procing your spellthief.

2. Learn to push and maintain your leads. If you have a decent lead in botlane, constantly try to extend this lead. That means force 2v2 fights, set up pink wards for ganks, setup tower dives with your jungler. If you`re ahead and your mid is behind, it`s sometimes I bad idea to group with your team.

3. Don`t do dumb roams. This isn't LCS where you're two levels behind the ADC. Everytime you roam, you're essentially losing XP and gold. Try not to roam unless the minions are pushed up to their tower, or you're guaranteed to get kills or assists. Remember that everytime you roam, that means your ADC is either going to get zoned or all-inned if they try to farm. By roaming you're slowly killing the lead in your botlane, or putting you guys further behind.

4. ESTABLISHMENT. I put this in caps because this is something I see supports esp in gold and silver constantly mess up. When you both back and you're returning to lane, don't go into the river or their jungle to ward. If you do this, the enemy botlane will push into tower and you will lose total control over your lane. Remember that a pushed lane is good for you because that means that you have control over the the enemy botlane and you're drawing jungle pressure (if you're setup to handle jungle pressure). Come straight to lane, ward the bushes near lane, and when you're well established in the lane is when you can leave to ward.

5. SYNCHRONIZED BACK. Another thing I constantly see supports mess up on. If you can, you want to always back at the same time. Now there's lots of exceptions to this rule, but usually it's most efficient for you to back and return to lane at the same time. If you desync your backs, you risk one of you dying or taking a whole bunch of harass, and losing lane control. Botlane is all about controlling the lane with minion management and ward placement, remember that.

6. POTIONS. Don't come to lane with no potions.

Also, 12 deaths is way too much, you should have the least deaths on your team as support.

Look at Ghost's stats from last season, even on champs he loses on, he has fairly high KDAs.

Naota doesn't have the best mechanics, but he doesn't play like an Ape. I know this one Lee OTP who has great mechanics, but just plays like a Bonobo :^).

Good advice, Didn't know about points 4 and 5 at all. Wow. And I am one of those who keeps messing up 3.

Thanks man appreciate it.

Shmuppers

TIL my Jhin is cleaner than qtpie's

I guess that's not saying much

Walking around without purpose is probably the best description of how I play when behind or even.

Idk what role you were playing but generally you should be trying to farm everything you can (without fucking your teammates) and WARD. I cannot stress this enough. Vision is what turns games around.

Newt

This Kha was getting salty in all chat so I decided to extend it into the postgame lobby.

Code:
Lord Newt joined the room.
MasterYii joined the room.
Ubi Caritas joined the room.
mengxue5235 joined the room.
Your 0nly Senpai joined the room.
MuliMybae joined the room.
TastyyAnt joined the room.
Deathoflegends joined the room.
MuliMybae earned an S- on Fiora!
HandThatFeedsYou earned an S on Viktor!
mirram joined the room.
HandThatFeedsYou joined the room.
Lord Newt GAF: that kha was funny
TastyyAnt RiasG: hehehehehe
Your 0nly Senpai left the room.
MasterYii left the room.
Deathoflegends: dude
Ubi Caritas left the room.
TastyyAnt left the room.
HandThatFeedsYou left the room.
Deathoflegends: are you kidding?
mirram: roit needs to kill ad assassin agian so we can get more ap mids
Deathoflegends: like do you actually think
Lord Newt GAF: I'm an 8 kill draven with ga
mengxue5235 left the room.
Lord Newt GAF: you cant 1v3, you cant even 1v1
Deathoflegends: you played like really good there?
Deathoflegends: lol
Deathoflegends: you're talking about that?
mirram left the room.
MuliMybae left the room.
Deathoflegends: you're fucking retarded
Lord Newt GAF: lmao
Deathoflegends: if my mobies didn't pop immediatly
Deathoflegends: I kill lee or fiora
Deathoflegends: jump to other
Deathoflegends: kill
Lord Newt GAF: so if you had mobies
Deathoflegends: then leave
Lord Newt GAF: I couldnt kill you in two autos why?
Deathoflegends: CAUSE I HAD FUCKING KAYLE ULT ON ME IDIOT
Deathoflegends: THE SAME REASON YOU DIDNT DO IT WHEN IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED
Deathoflegends: dear god
Lord Newt GAF: heres how this works
Lord Newt GAF: you dont jump in and kill me
Deathoflegends: this mentallity of kids who just get carried to high elo
Lord Newt GAF: its the other way around
Deathoflegends: is so fucking annoying
Deathoflegends: are you fucking stupid
Lord Newt GAF: you stay the fk away
Lord Newt GAF: and hope I spare you
Deathoflegends: I never even fucking said
Deathoflegends: I was gonna kill you
Deathoflegends: fucking learn to read
Deathoflegends: why would I target someone with gha
Lord Newt GAF: you tried to kill all 3
Deathoflegends: really I did?
Deathoflegends: how the fuck
Deathoflegends: do you know
Lord Newt GAF: well you jumped into 3 people alone?
Deathoflegends: what I was doing
Lord Newt GAF: either that or you were inting
Deathoflegends: alright I'm done talking to you
Lord Newt GAF: I guess thats a decent possibility
Deathoflegends: you're fucking retarded
Deathoflegends: you got fed
Deathoflegends: because kills were fed to you
Deathoflegends: not because you're good
Deathoflegends: just look at your farm
Lord Newt GAF: oh alright kha
Deathoflegends: clearly you're fucking bad
Deathoflegends: at this game
Lord Newt GAF: look at my gold
Deathoflegends: but w/e bro
Deathoflegends: keep thinking your good
Deathoflegends: YOU'RE DRAVEN
Deathoflegends: DRAVEN GETS A LOT OF GOLD
Deathoflegends: HOLY FUCK
Lord Newt GAF: okay, farm
Lord Newt GAF: is used to get you gold
Deathoflegends: no not farm
Lord Newt GAF: idk
Deathoflegends: cause you dont know how to
Lord Newt GAF: if you know about that
Deathoflegends left the room.

JulianImp

We all get bad teams every now and then, but all you've got to do is remember that there're some things you just can't help, and focus on improving on what you can. Like, yesterday's games made me wish I could ask for a refund on the time I spent playing LoL, but it isn't like I'm playing games that are making me feel miserable all the time, so it sort of balances out in the end.

Top Bottom