• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

breath of the wild amiibo sold out almost everywhere not even a week after release? hahaha nintendo you never fucking learn do you

I mean it was all released during a system launch. A lot of people probably passed on them because they were buying a $300 system, a $60 game, and maybe a $70 controller then too.

I probably could have gotten some amiibo but I used that budget for a pro controller instead.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not to mention Breath of the Wild had two LEs. I would've gotten the amiibo if I didn't get a Switch & the $100 Zelda LE as well.

Jawmuncher

Thinking about it, wouldn't be surprised to see the splatoon amiibo go through the same thing with splatoon 2. Mainly the Callie and Marie.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
The buy 2 get 1 free sale at Target cracked me ... I got the only three varieties of BotW Amiibo they had left at my store: Rider Link, Archer Link and Bokoblin. I was surprised that the Links were still in stock (I took their last Rider and second-to-last Archer) considering other stores I've been in have been sold out of both Links already. Meanwhile, no Zelda, which is who I wanted instead of Bokoblin, but oh well. Now that I've put a week into the game, Bokoblins are growing on me as a character.

LiK

I have a bunch of extra amiibo from back in the day in storage and it looks like some of them have gone way up in prices. Guess I'll do some research and sell them to make some extra cash for the other amiibos I'm missing.

I have a bunch of extra amiibo from back in the day in storage and it looks like some of them have gone way up in prices. Guess I'll do some research and sell them to make some extra cash for the other amiibos I'm missing.

Got a spare Sheik you won't price-gouge a fellow GAFfer/Guardian on??

Yarbskoo

My collection almost doesn't fit on the shelf 😂 I think I have too many now

4YhDPJmh.jpg

2AwyKFAh.jpg

You have more than I do, and even I have too many.
0mZfZKO.png

DeVeAn

Twilight Princess Amiibo is stupid hard to find in Seattle. I saw on a while back in Gamestop...ugh. I hate wanting Nintendo stuff.

PtM

Banned
This works for figures so I don't see why it wouldn't here. Put it under hot water for a bit (I'd not submerge the base so just hold it so the figure is submerged) then when the plastic is pliable push and hold it into the position you want and put it under cold water. This will loosen the plastic's structure then lock it into the new position.
You just fixed my drunk Samus.
Thanks!

so Zelda BOTW broke me, ended up with 2x Link Archer, 2x rider, Zelda and Boblokin and apparently i was a few minutes late and missed their last OOT Link..

This works for figures so I don't see why it wouldn't here. Put it under hot water for a bit (I'd not submerge the base so just hold it so the figure is submerged) then when the plastic is pliable push and hold it into the position you want and put it under cold water. This will loosen the plastic's structure then lock it into the new position.
Thanks, this worked for me!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Boxboy, I feel isn't likely as the EU PR only mentions the Kirby amiibo & the content that would've been unlocked via Qbby amiibo are now unlocked by having save files of both games.

I've never really been interested in amiibos before BOTW, but now I'm regretting not getting Toon Link and Ocarina of Time Link when I had the chance. Any possibility of these getting reprinted soon? I'm assuming by the title of this topic, no. :-\

Yarbskoo

I've never really been interested in amiibos before BOTW, but now I'm regretting not getting Toon Link and Ocarina of Time Link when I had the chance. Any possibility of these getting reprinted soon? I'm assuming by the title of this topic, no. :-\

It's possible, but Nintendo's not so good with the whole Make Stuff Available for Purchase thing.

Chumley

Banned
So Smash Link will never be available again, and if I want the unlocks it gives in BotW I have to pay 70 fucking dollars to a reseller on eBay?

Does the BotW Zelda amiibo act like the Smash one if scanned in Twilight Princess? I wanna complete the Cave of Trials with 20 hearts for Wolf Link but I'm just not good enough heh

Yarbskoo

Looks like it.

Sucks, but that Amiibo was released like 3 years ago and was on the market for two years.

If Nintendo's going to have new games use old amiibo for exclusive content, they should either replace them with new versions or do re-releases.

Otherwise it's like releasing a new 3DS Fire Emblem but not making sure there are enough 3DS systems in stock.

zigg

So Smash Link will never be available again, and if I want the unlocks it gives in BotW I have to pay 70 fucking dollars to a reseller on eBay?
It's just a horse.

I've been rocking a great horse I caught legit in that game. Haven't even bothered scanning Smash Link.

Blues1990

I'm surprised the 30th Anniversary Ocarina of Time Link Amiibo doesn't unlock Epona, given that horse is associated with that version of the character.

LiK

I'm hoping we'll see them restocked end of this month judging from what the Amazon resellers have said. They all say they'll be restocked next week, iirc. I can't imagine Nintendo only making one batch since they've been reprinting everything else for a while. BOTW created more demand and I think they know this, hopefully.

PtM

Banned
Does the BotW Zelda amiibo act like the Smash one if scanned in Twilight Princess? I wanna complete the Cave of Trials with 20 hearts for Wolf Link but I'm just not good enough heh
Very likely. I don't think they restricted it to Smash Zelda. If TPHD works with Toon Zelda, it should do as well with Cry Zelda.

Chindogg

If Nintendo's going to have new games use old amiibo for exclusive content, they should either replace them with new versions or do re-releases.

Otherwise it's like releasing a new 3DS Fire Emblem but not making sure there are enough 3DS systems in stock.

They rereleased Xenoblade after Wii was done.

Chindogg

You can play it on a Wii U though. I don't remember any time when they had Xenoblade Chronicles on shelves but not a Wii or Wii U. Usually it was the other way around.

Optional cosmetic content is a little different than a game anyways.

Bottom line: if you didn't buy it in the 2+ years you had to get it that's on you.

Yarbskoo

Bottom line: if you didn't buy it in the 2+ years you had to get it that's on you.

Okay.

Let's just hope they don't add any significant value to any of the amiibo that you didn't purchase.

Because the fact that's only worth buying after it's not available for purchase anymore is totally all your fault.

KingBroly

Banned
The only amiibo figures I don't have are the re-designed Splatoon ones.

Also, CPSIA listings for FOUR NEW SUPER SMASH BROS. AMIIBO

Who's the Fourth Man?

Jawmuncher

IT BETTER BE FUCKING SNAKE

A listing of 4 amiibo does make it seem like an enhanced port of smash might be on the cards. With just one new character included.

Top Bottom