• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Foggy

Holy shit I thought you were exaggerating but nope

March 2015
March 2015
April 2015!

That's...wow

giphy.gif

Parch

Why Is it so hard for you guys to believe that a guy can be a fan of 2 teams? And that guy can be disappointed when those teams suck? Oilers had plenty of seasons to be disappointed about, and plenty to complain about. This year I was disappointed with the Habs season. What a train wreck that turned out to be. Doesn't mean I abandoned either of them. I still watch them. Doesn't mean I've switched alliances. I hope both do well. Doesn't mean I'm no longer going to be happy when they turn it around and have some success. That's what I've been hoping for. Finally. FINALLY the Oilers have turned it around.

I temporarily got on the Sens bandwagon. Why? Because I'm a good Canadian. I don't stop watching hockey when my favorite teams are eliminated. I think the Sens deserved some playoff success.
There are limits to my Canadian loyalty though. The only thing the Flames and Leafs deserve is a flaming bag of shit on their doorstep.

Parch

Jesus, he's a Habs fan since 1971, then all of a sudden abandoned the team and hauled ass to the Oilers cause of McDavid? That my friends, is true fandom.
Never abandoned. Ever.
Once you experience dynasties they're in your blood for life. Thoroughly enjoyed multiple Hab dynastys. Absolutely loved the Oilers dynasty. No matter how bad either of those teams were or become, the enjoyment of those dynasties can never be removed and they're part of your life forever.

I can understand if this is difficult for people to comprehend. If you've never been a fan of a dynasty team(s), you can't possibly understand. If your favorite team during your entire life has never even had a sniff of a Stanley Cup, I dunno? Let them eat cake?

Foggy

I can understand if this is difficult for people to comprehend. If you've never been a fan of a dynasty team(s), you can't possibly understand. If your favorite team during your entire life has never even had a sniff of a Stanley Cup, I dunno? Let them eat cake?

giphy.gif

Socreges

Banned
Why Is it so hard for you guys to believe that a guy can be a fan of 2 teams? And that guy can be disappointed when those teams suck? Oilers had plenty of seasons to be disappointed about, and plenty to complain about. This year I was disappointed with the Habs season. What a train wreck that turned out to be. Doesn't mean I abandoned either of them. I still watch them. Doesn't mean I've switched alliances. I hope both do well. Doesn't mean I'm no longer going to be happy when they turn it around and have some success. That's what I've been hoping for. Finally. FINALLY the Oilers have turned it around.

I temporarily got on the Sens bandwagon. Why? Because I'm a good Canadian. I don't stop watching hockey when my favorite teams are eliminated. I think the Sens deserved some playoff success.
There are limits to my Canadian loyalty though. The only thing the Flames and Leafs deserve is a flaming bag of shit on their doorstep.

Never abandoned. Ever.
Once you experience dynasties they're in your blood for life. Thoroughly enjoyed multiple Hab dynastys. Absolutely loved the Oilers dynasty. No matter how bad either of those teams were or become, the enjoyment of those dynasties can never be removed and they're part of your life forever.

Karl%20mock_zpsev39hyq5.gif

Parch

It's a weird take but it's mostly Hayes dumb premise. Good to know mcdavid can get 300pts next year but if he isn't sweating blood winning puck battles in his own end he can't be the best player in the world
That's what playoff hockey is expected to be. Sometimes the "let them play" philosophy goes waay too far IMO.
If your skilled players aren't surrounded by defensive systems and bleeding grinders, you can forget about having any playoff success.

Merguson

Banned
Mirtle had an article about the Dubas situation that basically seemed like Dubas was basically relegated to running the Marlies because of Lou Lamiorello. Dubas had an expiring contract this summer so a lot of hockey people thought he would be gone for a GM job elsewhere. Hence talks with Buffalo and Colorado occurred.

Now, apparently he's got a new contract and was convinced to stay.

The rest of the article is speculation on how and why Dubas is staying.

Parch

man Lebrun is trash
Always has been. That's hockey media for ya. Most of the time it's saying something controversial to attract hits.
The Toews Crosby comparison is some pretty flawed logic. Cups are important, but using that logic makes Henri Richard the greatest player of all time? C'mon Lebrun. Nice try.

eyeless

Never abandoned. Ever.

ZJk0ntR.gif

what a cornball

Parch

what a cornball
I love cornballs. Salty snacks.

Tormenting Leaf fans is just bonus opportunity for being a Hab/Oiler fan. I actually really do feel sorry for them, but unfortunately I'm unable to share any of the multiple Cups I've enjoyed watching all my life.
I have absolutely no understanding how they must feel. Being a Leaf fan their entire life must be absolutely horrible. They have my deepest condolences.

Merguson

Banned
I happen to be a lifelong fan of the Blackhawks and the Penguins.

Everyone knows cup wins before 2005 were on easy mode and therefore are worthless.

I'll enjoy the meaningful cup wins while all of you can eat cake.

zroid

Banned

Everyone knows cup wins before 2005 were on easy mode and therefore are worthless.

It's tough being a lifelong Canucks / Predators fan. I should have chosen better.

Yawnier

Banned

Damn bro you've been a fan of two teams that have a combined five stanley cup wins (potentially six) since 2009, the amount of enjoyment you've had a two teamer in the last eight years must be INSANE.

That means nothing.

Marcie is a Leafs fan yet he is under black hawks.

Quick is under Leafs yet he is the biggest Yotes fan I know
Wow
I thought he was a leafs fan
Since he had a leafs Jersey for his Marvie pic
So 😕
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔😭

Pikma

Banned
What's that supposed to mean Marvie
I'm not Marvie, I'm zroid

But let me explain you anyway:

See, NHLGAF is an incredibly toxic and hateful community, the list your pointing to is not an actual allegiance list, it's the total opposite, a hate allegiance list. What does that mean? Well it means we've all commited to hate one particular team the most no matter what.

Jhonny hates the flyera
Marcie hates the hawks
Zroid hates the canucks
I hate most of the league
Imbask hates himself

The only fucking weirdos here are ducks fan, they're the only ones who actually do like their team and love everybody

But fuck DucksGAF anyway

I'm not Marvie, I'm zroid

But let me explain you anyway:

See, NHLGAF is an incredibly toxic and hateful community, the list your pointing to is not an actual allegiance list, it's the total opposite, a hate allegiance list. What does that mean? Well it means we've all commited to hate one particular team the most no matter what.

Jhonny hates the flyera
Marcie hates the hawks
Zroid hates the canucks
I hate most of the league
Imbask hates himself

The only fucking weirdos here are ducks fan, they're the only ones who actually do like their team and love everybody

But fuck DucksGAF anyway

thats the stupidest thing i have ever read
are you saying cake boss isnt a sens fan?
or that quick isnt a leafs fan???
honestly, if your trolling me just say it
because im going to kick ur ass either way
im on gladestone and elgin, downtown ottawa
meet me so i can kick your butt so hard
that you will end up being a fan of the avs
>:V
im dead serious, punk

im dead serious, punk

are you 12?

Yawnier

Banned
im dead serious, punk

Are you a troll

Top Bottom