• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Breath of the Wild Master Edition Revealed

I'm on a phone and these are not working

Pics anyone?please.

Rehosted them.

SrfssAS.jpg

0iCIobd.jpg

Vibed

Oh good God does flipping sounds like a nice proposition, but I still want that Sheikah case from a Special edition!

rockx4

They probably have one of the prototypes on display. The one during Treehouse did not look good, at least for $30. It was bent and looked flimsy.

PrimeBeef

I guess is not different at all. But as I have said before, I have nothing against scalping, its classic supply/demand. I'll get angry with Nintendo for not proving enough, not the reselling market.

You are going to get mad over a low limited supply of an extremely limited special product?

People have to justify scalping somehow.

There is nothing to justify. It's not like he went out and pre-ordered one with the intent to scalp it. Same for myself. Market conditions are now making it very tempting to flip it. If Nintendo had plans to make enough to satisfy the demand, guess what? I'd be keeping mine because I want that damn sword. But they don't and now the market price is adjusting for that fact. It is a tempting proposition right now, even for those of us that actually got it because we actually wanted it.

There is nothing to justify. It's not like he went out and pre-ordered one with the intent to scalp it. Same for myself. Market conditions are now making it very tempting to flip it. If Nintendo had plans to make enough to satisfy the demand, guess what? I'd be keeping mine because I want that damn sword. But they don't and now the market price is adjusting for that fact. It is a tempting proposition right now, even for those of us that actually got it because we actually wanted it.

As someone who complains about (and hates) scalpers all the time, I agree. Intention and scale matter. Realizing the market value of something after ordering and then deciding to sell it is different to me then the people that order as many as possible (or even just one) with the intention of flipping it. Sure, both are taking advantage of the limited market but one didn't go in with the intention of being a literal leach to the process that adds no value. And again, intention matters. I do wish more of these things were made but my desire for it has nothing to do with it's limited nature, whereas I'm sure that drives a lot of the craze and sales of it from other people.

That's enough from me. Just butthurt over hearing someone talk about how many Master Edition's they got on preorder while at Best Buy yesterday.

Got

Banned
It'd be real nice if this didn't turn into a scalping yay or nay thread. I think most people here would appreciate it.

People get nuts over scalping. I have a pre order because I'm a massive obsessive Zelda fan. I'm also a reasonable adult. When I saw that preorders were selling on eBay for $500+ I looked at my preorder and thought to myself "this could pay for my entire console and just a normal copy of the game".

It's on the people who pay that much and Nintendo for supply problems. If I decide that I'd rather have a free Switch and game instead of a few trinkets and a small plastic sword, then oh well. I preordered because I wanted it, but I'd much rather have $500.

-Ryn

Banned
People get nuts over scalping. I have a pre order because I'm a massive obsessive Zelda fan. I'm also a reasonable adult. When I saw that preorders were selling on eBay for $500+ I looked at my preorder and thought to myself "this could pay for my entire console and just a normal copy of the game".

It's on the people who pay that much and Nintendo for supply problems. If I decide that I'd rather have a free Switch and game instead of a few trinkets and a small plastic sword, then oh well. I preordered because I wanted it, but I'd much rather have $500.
It's a market of opportunity if I've ever seen one lol

wiibomb

I'm not even sure those sales on eBay are real...

a lot of times scalpers buy their own product to elevate the price by faking sold products. There is something wrong wth these editions being sold at $500, it is way too much for a product not even released

LiK

Preorder prices for hard to find items are always ridiculous. Once it's out, scalpers will flood the auctions and it'll be more reasonable.

I'm not even sure those sales on eBay are real...

a lot of times scalpers buy their own product to elevate the price by faking sold products. There is something wrong wth these editions being sold at $500, it is way too much for a product not even released

That is my only hesitation in putting it up. I feel like there are scam bids/purchases going on for prices to be so inflated right now.

The real question is why Nintendo just doesn't make more of these special editions. They always sell out within minutes so it's not like they will be left rotting on shelves if they make 2x more. And at $130, they are probably making a hefty profit compared to previous SE that were $10-$20 more than the base price.

KevinG

I'm not a scalper, and I am a huge Zelda fan, but seeing what all this is going for on eBay is a definite temptation.

I'd only ever sell it at cost to a GAFfer.

ryohumar

I know it's a longshot, GAF, but do any of you have an extra Master Edition preorder you'd be willing to sell me? I missed my chance :(

Edzi

Still salty Wii U version is getting nothing. Steelbook, soundtrack cd, anything?

Well, you get to play the game knowing it's the inferior version, even though it was promised as a Wii U title years ago. As someone who's buying the Switch day one, I'm still a little peeved that it came to this and basically repeated the TP fiasco, though this time the new version is likely going to be the definitive version of the game unlike the Wii version of TP.

RPGCrazied

Well, you get to play the game knowing it's the inferior version, even though it was promised as a Wii U title years ago. As someone who's buying the Switch day one, I'm still a little peeved that it came to this and basically repeated the TP fiasco, though this time the new version is likely going to be the definitive version of the game unlike the Wii version of TP.

to be quite honest, all wii u owners are getting almost the same game except for some details, that is good enough

That is disappointing. They could have given us something. Keep in mind this game was a Wii U game first before the switch even took shape. I understand they want to sell switches, but its already the better version technical wise.

LiK

That is disappointing. They could have given us something. Keep in mind this game was a Wii U game first before the switch even took shape. I understand they want to sell switches, but its already the better version technical wise.

Yea, they basically want people to "switch" to the new console.

III-V

sword does not look like high quality considering the $30 price tag.

It is interesting to see that they have included the flower shown so many times already, with one bud in blossom and another yet to bloom, likely will do so when Link takes the master sword.

Also: Any additional speculation on 'Breath of the Wild' - this sounds like wind to me, but it doesn't appear that wind is a central theme to this game.

Lol the eBay listings keep getting taken down for the masters edition. You know people are just sitting there reporting the listings for being too early because they didn't get a copy.

Got

Banned
Lol the eBay listings keep getting taken down for the masters edition. You know people are just sitting there reporting the listings for being too early because they didn't get a copy.

ha, i was wondering why there were so few.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

yeah, which is actually serving to keep the prices artificially high as the true supply of reseller copies isn't out there.

*shrug*

Koren

And I wouldn't rule out the possibility of finding special editions in shops day one. I happened a lot with Nintendo LE.

Top Bottom