• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Echoes Shadows of Valentia announced for 3DS, Reimagining of FE Gaiden

Draxal

But why THIS Fire Emblem? I never saw anybody talk about Gaiden in the ten plus years I have seen people pine for a classic Fire Emblem remake. Isn't 4 the fan favorite?

I may very well be very wrong, so please correct me.

Gaiden is the one that is in most desperate need for a remake.

MLH

Out of nowhere, I'm surprised they didn't make it Switch/ 3DS, makes me slightly weary that Switch won't be the 3DS successor/ replacement - but I'm probably jumping to conclusions.
Looks really really good, never bothered with Gaiden always thought it was the redhead stepchild of the FE series, but this has me very excited.

I've also heard not so great things about it, so I'm a little worried for it. I hope what I heard is wrong or they do overhauls.

Yeah, I'm definitely not trying to be negative, but as far as I'm aware Gaiden is nobody's favorite Fire Emblem game. There's lots of love for lots of classic, Japanese-only FE games and I don't know if I have ever heard anybody ask for a remake of Gaiden.

Maybe that's why it's being remade: lots to improve upon?

Dryk

Out of nowhere, I'm surprised they didn't make it Switch/ 3DS, makes me slightly weary that Switch won't be the 3DS successor/ replacement - but I'm probably jumping to conclusions.
The next mainline game is on Switch

C2fD_g4UkAAQL4U.png:large

flohen95

Shit, I'm hyped. Completely unexpected, especially that it's releasing so soon.

Feels good that Fire Emblem has joined Nintendo's highest ranks and with this, Warriors and the Switch game on the horizon, I'm very, very pleased.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I liked Gaiden, particularly its parallel branches. If modernised the right way, this could be great. Will definitely buy.

Sami+

Ew, 3DS 😷😷😷

No thanks, hard pass. Sucks, that character art looks really great. I definitely like them more than the newer stuff.

Was there a trailer or something? Not just tuned into the direct ending but going by this tweet:
Everything that made Fire Emblem Gaiden unique is here: free-roaming, dungeons, and flexible character progression.
They forgot magic consuming HP to use (except noferatu, which had poor accuracy). Also "flexible character progression" was only for villagers (I suppose mercenaries if you got them to dread fighters and then looped them back to villagers).

The twitter timeline also shows Alm and Celica amiibo.

D-Man

This came out of nowhere. A May release surprised me even more!

Day 1 like all FE games. Cool to see another remake of a classic installment.

Hope its not digital only. Surely not but the eShop logo threw me off.

Anywayz: Only Played Awakening, Conquest, and a bit of Sacred Stones, so more FE is great! Hope all the old games get remade!

Lady Gaia

Remember that new console that has a light launching line-up? Forget about it. Come back in 2018.

Sadly, that's what it's coming down to for me as well. I've been consistent in stating that what it would take to get me to jump on board day one is Fire Emblem title. The hope with Switch was that all of Nintendo's output would come to a console I can play in a living room setting alongside my wife. Now it's far from clear whether this will happen at all, and when that might be.

Even though it's not the remake I wanted, never played the original and the art looks better then fates so will probably buy it depending on what else is released at that time.

Been waiting for a Gaiden remake since forever, so I'm pretty stoked for this! I liked Celica's original design better, but this'll do.

Day 1 for sure. The trailer looked really good.

The Switch Fire Emblem game isn't coming out til 2018, so this is a nice surprise to tide me over until then.

Mediking

Disappointed in Intelligent Systems that they didn't have anything ready for Switch by now. 3DS is rearing its head once again. Damn it.

Mariolee

That title is a mouthful. Why not just Fire Emblem Echoes?

Unless they're planning on remaking more games under the Fire Emblem Echoes brand.

Top Bottom