• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

V_Arnold

Let us get on that hype train!

XBL: Oldern365 (Europe)

Parasoul/Valentine are my two favorites right now, but I wont decide until I take my time in training mode day 1 first.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
From my limited experience playing Ms. Fortune at NYCC, I'll probably gravitate toward her most.

There hasn't been any discussion of one.

If that were to happen, though, I think it would be pretty far down the line... like, if we get to do all the DLC characters we want for this installment, and do a final compilation on disc. But at our current rate of 2-3 months per character, that would be about 2 years out. :p

Aaaaaaaaaaand I'm in. Thanks for the direct reply. Didn't think you guys would pull a Capcom but...ya know. YOU WILL HAVE MY MONEY

Awesome OT btw.

Tizoc

I'd say the team is totally OK with it. I don't particularly want to see that kind of thing, but... it's pretty cool that people care enough to do that?
Coolios.

English guides are done, but haven't been put on the site yet. We're in the process of localizing the others now, too.

They look really nice - very slick PDFs for printing by our amazing UI / graphic design guy.

Awesome looking forward to reading them =D

Ties

Banned
PSN: Tairuo|West US|PST

So excited for this game, hope it becomes a hit! I'm going to learn everyone in this game, but my first three mains are definitely going to be Cerebella, Peacock, and Double.

Thores

I am pretty psyched that this is finally happening! Getting this Day 1, most interested in Cerebella and Double as initial mains.

PSN: ThoresZandai

If that were to happen, though, I think it would be pretty far down the line... like, if we get to do all the DLC characters we want for this installment, and do a final compilation on disc. But at our current rate of 2-3 months per character, that would be about 2 years out. :p

So, some quick and sloppy math suggests... a minimum of 8 DLC characters, at least doubling the starting cast? I am totally okay with this.

Geniuzz

I have been looking forward to this game and now it's almost here! Count me in on XBLA from day one. Supporting this game for sure!!!

I sure hope this game becomes a big hit worldwide.

XBLA: Geniuzz/Europe/ GMT+1

I am pretty psyched that this is finally happening! Getting this Day 1, most interested in Cerebella and Double as initial mains.

PSN: ThoresZandai

So, some quick and sloppy math suggests... a minimum of 8 DLC characters, at least doubling the starting cast? I am totally okay with this.

Yeah and spreading out the payment over a few years is totally cool actually. GAME NOW AND NOW AND NOW AND NOW

NEO0MJ

Nice OT! So close it's kinda unbilievable. Here's my PSN

Neo0mj|Middle East|+3 GMT

Who is everyone planning to main? I plan on going in hard with Peacock. Her design is my favorite so far, and you better believe I enjoy me some Cable-style 4 shot tools.

Peacock here as well. Probably will back her with Misfortune and maybe Double/Painwheel as third. Of course I could end up picking someone unexpected in the end.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Getting this for that fighting game hipster cred. I am interested to see if it will be my first console fighter in a while with netplay at least decent enough to keep me from wanting to choke somebody. (Good minds think alike, right?)

Xbox: Sixfortyfive|Alabama|CT

garbagebison.gif

Zuly

I know I am rocking Parasoul guaranteed but I'm not sure who to pair her with. I'm not a rushdown/mix-up type of player.

Card Boy

Banned
Ravidrath I will buy DLC characters if they are reasonbly priced. Instant purchase if they are under 4bucks each, I wouldnt buy it
at 5 dollars or over, I don't like it when DLC is more expensive than the base game. What may be 5dollars in the US isn't 5 dollars in other countries, so keep in mind there is that to think about.

schwupp

i just hope this game does not die after the first moth on XBLA EU.
mvc2 and 3so were such a waste of points cause of nobody playing :(

Having not bothered with any theory fighter in this game I'm going to run Painwheel/Valentine on day one and then add in Double at some point.

V_Arnold

Honestly, I am kinda shocked how fast days go by... in just a few days, this will be here...hell yeah! (And my dentist appointment is just as close, right one day after Skullgirls launches - yaaaaay! :D)

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Aw yeah arf arf.

Like Parasoul the best aesthetically but charge character = non. Waiting for Umbrella & Bloody Marie.

But let's play. Only stick I have is for the 360 so will pass on the PSN ver. for now.

XBL: AnimeGirlfriend Timezone: EST Region: Canada

Let's hope you're right but that animation is bad:

Forced transition between frames, no shadow...

there's shadows and you can look at gameplay videos that are in the OP

Edit: That skullgirl gif looks so much better than that mugen goku and a hell of a lot smoother....not sure what you are getting at

udivision

mugen is just an engine.
AFAIK, you could rip all the sprites from skull girls to mugen and it would look the same, now that it supports HD, so saying "one looks better than the other" doesn't make sense.

alstein

I hope character DLC isn't milked (if it exists). I know there is 8 characters but that character select implies to me there are going to be heaps of characters.

Keep in mind we pay 33% to 60% more on the Aussie PSN (despite our dollar being worth more), so DLC stings alot.

There will be character DLC that is being created. It wasn't finished for the game's release, so it wasn't held back content. First 2 characters are known (Squiggly and Umbrella)

For future DLC: hoping for Marin and Bloody Marie myself.

This game- I see it as the spiritual successor to Darkstalkers, and I'm coming in with that expectation.

As for the animation- this game may end up rivaling 3S with how it looks. It's a big reason I'm getting this.

If this game is good, I can see myself running it until VF comes out.

mugen is just an engine.
AFAIK, you could rip all the sprites from skull girls to mugen and it would look the same, now that it supports HD, so saying "one looks better than the other" doesn't make sense.

It may not of originated from MUGEN but I don't think that matters much as to what he/she was referring to, which was the quality of the animation.

udivision

Actually it does make sense since he/she posted a mugen character apparently as an example though to what he/she was talking about. It may not of originated from MUGEN but I don't think that matters much as to what he/she was referring to, which was the quality of the animation.

sylver was using "look like MUGEN" in the pejorative but I was suggesting that any 2D sprite-based fighter could be run on mugen anyway

sylver was using "look like MUGEN" in the pejorative but I was suggesting that any 2D sprite-based fighter could be run on mugen anyway

I realize that, that's why I said he was getting at the "quality of the animation" and i know how mugen works. Just the example he posted was a terrible comparison.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
This isn't mentioned in the OP but is a command list going to be patched in at some point?

Kafel

Banned
I've read the OP and I still don't know why GAF has been hyping this game for months. What are this dev's previous releases ?

I've read the OP and I still don't know why GAF has been hyping this game for months. What are this dev's previous releases ?

When you say "read the OP" you mean watching the interviews with the devs and all the Friday Night Fights that showcase the actual game, right? Because if not, it's obvious why you don't see why people are excited.

If you have, then I think you just need to wait for the demo. Actually playing the game is what sells most people, so it's not a big deal if you're not hype yet.

And I'm not sure Reverge has a previous release, though I'd imagine most of the members aren't new to making retail games.

Top Bottom