• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Game Informer Cover Tomorrow [Up: Batman: Arkham Knight website semi-up]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
https://twitter.com/GI_AndyMc/status/440525884261670912

Cover reveal/digital issue launch tomorrow. I won't spoil the cover, but I can answer the next biggest question, yes Game Infarcer is in

Hint: It's almost assuredly Batman.

Update:

Could the new Batman game be called Batman: Arkham Knight?

We reported on the domain names that were registered by WB over a year ago, but we’re seeing threads from that story start to re-emerge. In December, there was a rumour that the next Arkham game would be called Arkham Knight, but we haven’t had any evidence of such until now. Batman: Arkham Knight is now active, but restricted. Check it our here: http://www.batmanarkhamknight.com/

http://www.arkhamverse.com/news/201...led-batman-arkham-knight-and-to-feature-hush/
2014-03-0321_49_05-twyqdc9.png

2014-03-0321_52_33-tw6kxjd.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNL8xjQh4D4

Crawl

Time travel batman with azrael or w/e? Lets hope for playable nightwing / robin parts of the story.

I wonder when this batman game is to be released. We haven't really heard much of anything concrete about it as of yet

DieH@rd

Banned
If its Batman, I hope the core formula of the game has changed a little. Of course introduction of other JLA members is a must.

.la1n

It would be nice to be genuinely surprised by a cover every one and a while but that seems to be increasingly difficult with nobody in the industry capable of keeping their mouths shut.

All that aside, I am looking forward to Rocksteady's next Batman and getting information on it.

Why do we all think it's Batman? I'm missing something.

Assuming it is... here's hoping we finally get an open-world Batman game complete with Batmobile, Batcave, and random crimes. I would prefer no cross-gen but that seems unlikely.

MormaPope

Banned
Batman: Arkham Nightmare

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are both in the game, fully. Takes place after Arkham City, Arkham Asylum is reopened, Arkham city is run down and abandoned. Hush rounds up a bunch of villains, start in a rebuilt Arkham Asylum, eventually will go to a decrepit Arkham City.

Will be released on Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, and PC.

FTF

I'm kind of expecting it to be a UE3 cross-gen game that looks almost exactly like the last games with some minor improvements.

I hope not, I want a PS4/Xone only focused Batman. Plus, isn't the reason Rocksteady didn't make Origins is because they were focused on the next gen version?

Batman: Arkham Nightmare

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are both in the game, fully. Takes place after Arkham City, Arkham Asylum is reopened, Arkham city is run down and abandoned. Hush rounds up a bunch of villains, start in a rebuilt Arkham Asylum, eventually will go to a decrepit Arkham City.

Will be released on Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, and PC.

Oh god, the last thing I want to do is go back to Arkham Asylum again :p

Assuming it is... here's hoping we finally get an open-world Batman game complete with Batmobile, Batcave, and random crimes. I would prefer no cross-gen but that seems unlikely.

If it's not Batman, I would think it's the new Assassin's Creed game. Hopefully this time with assassins.

Rocksteady showed their new game to the press not long ago. It fits.

I hope not, I want a PS4/Xone only focused Batman. Plus, isn't the reason Rocksteady didn't make Origins is because they were focused on the next gen version?

Rocksteady was just busy making a new game. There's far too much money to loose by going current gen only.

Slixshot

Banned

Specifically, lets hope those random crimes are procedurally generated. I like how Shadows of Mordor is doing this with their nemesis system. I'd love to get some randomization in my batman as well.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Balogna. The time for cross gen is already fading. Boy would I be disappointed if this were true though.

With a lot of UE3 devs you can see some UE4 mentions either in their job postings or their staff linkedin accounts skills section. Rocksteady I can't find evidence of however.

Either Rocksteady is very sneaky or they're still using UE3, presumably for cross-gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom