• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance demo is up on Xbox Live and PSN US. PSN EU whenever.

DieH@rd

Banned
No unfortunately :(

Konami and Japanese devs hate PC....

COMP+-+bd.png

HardRojo

Also, this thread is huge so sorry for asking a probably repeat question, but is this the same as the zoe demo or is it more?

People said it is the same, I haven't played it yet but I believe them.

I've been up all fucking day since 5:40 am, I wanted to come back home, leave the demo downloading and take a power nap but man it is not up on US PSN yet... what am I to do?

This slide move is TOO good, lol. Big fight with 4 grunts and a gecko, slide into soldier for free, blade move, grab spine. Repeat on other three guys, blocking all their bullets automatically with ninja run. Parry obvious as hell Gecko attacks, mash buttons, QTE mash buttons, S-rank
Yup makes the demo easy as pie. I hope the later grunts will give you more of a fight... Also I wish to get S rank you didn't have to cut everyone up until a million pieces, because I know in the ranking # of hits counts as well... otherwise S-ranking this game will be really boring. I still think they should have limited the use of blade mode in this game, and the number of enemies that have spines you can grab. Also should have sped up the spine grabbing animation a lot..

No unfortunately :(

Konami and Japanese devs hate PC....

Thing is, saying they hate PC is wrong. It seems they just lack the technical expertise / lack of belief in the core PC market in Japan.

Game developers are first and foremost about making money. They are not individuals whose parents were tragically killed in an accident by a drunk PC truck driver.

Yup makes the demo easy as pie. I hope the later grunts will give you more of a fight... Also I wish to get S rank you didn't have to cut everyone up until a million pieces, because I know in the ranking # of hits counts as well... otherwise S-ranking this game will be really boring. I still think they should have limited the use of blade mode in this game, and the number of enemies that have spines you can grab. Also should have sped up the spine grabbing animation a lot..
I am still hoping in the full game something could be done about it...

HardRojo

3.4 GB seriously? Oh man there goes my plan to play this today... will leave the demo D/Ling and take a nap because I'm really tired.

branny

Despite all my complaints, this is a very good game from what I can tell, if pretty easy, because of the reliance on the super-powerful, constantly replenishing, very lengthy blade mode. Who knows, it'll probably get more challenging. Not like Bayonetta didn't get broken as fuck with the Killgore glitch.
Yeah, hopefully resources and/or scoring will be a bit more stringent in the full version. And if not, oh well. As long as it's fun. It's kind of scary to compare blade mode, a core mechanic, to the Kilgore glitch in Bayo, though. lol.

I refuse to believe that MGR is designed around such an exploitable mechanic. Something has to give somewhere. If it's not the scoring system, it'll be combat scenarios or energy restrictions later on in the game or on higher difficulties. Right? :(

Korigama

Oh good, I get to download the MGR demo now...after I download the store update that I missed before (like it wasn't bad enough that the new one is already slower and far more inefficient, it needs its own updates too).

Yeah, hopefully resources and/or scoring will be a bit more stringent in the full game. And if not, oh well. As long as it's fun. It's kind of scary to compare blade mode, a core mechanic, to the Kilgore glitch in Bayo, though. lol.

I refuse to believe that MGR is designed around such an exploitable mechanic. Something has to give somewhere. If it's not the scoring system, it'll be combat scenarios or energy restrictions later on in the game or on higher difficulties. Right? :(

IDK, dude does a lot of cool shit in that one video, but he got a B because he didn't have a high enough combo(which you get by spamming the HELL out of blade mode and you'll get 50+ real easy. I got 100+ on the geckos with simple combos leading into Blade Mode mashing), and he didn't get enough zandatsu(which, again, means using more blade mode executions on people. DEAD ON BULLSEYE DEAD ON).

Although I think this ranking might just be counting the two mechs. Regardless, his ranking was penalized for not doing the QTE animation finisher and getting the Zandetsu like the game encourages.

Don't want to risk downloading 3.4GB of demo in case it turns out to be region-locked again. Anyone know when the Australian PSN store updates?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm gonna write up more thoughts later, but from what I understand the demo is from an early part of the game where they REALLY take it slow on you and that's why it's easy. After a certain point, the game spikes in difficulty significantly because it expects you to be proficient with the basic mechanics by then.

I do agree Zandatsu weighting for scoring is way too high, and kind of enforces one-dimensional combat. Zandatsu in general I'm not a big fan of. I imagine on higher difficulties you'll probably need to Zandatsu everyone you can and to be honest that's not what I want to be doing. I see it as kind of a style mode, rather than one so integral to health. On higher difficulties/later levels they could also scale back how much HP gets replenished too, but again, because it's tied so intrinsically to health/energy, there's no reason not to. It may get real boring after a while, and pose too much and too frequent of a break in the action.

I think it could've been handled better if only certain enemies could be Zandatsu'd. Bigger bosses and specific, possibly random grunts.

Zaventem

I don't think Zandatsu would be necessary outside a couple bosses(my guess) if you don't want to use it with that dodge move.Lots of i frames on that bitch.

Top Bottom