• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt S3 |OT| This peeno grabs back - Netflix 5/19

I like this show, but I can never get over how close it is to being a 30 Rock successor, while always falling a little bit short.

I can't quite name what's missing, but there's just some element that isn't all the way there in the writing and pacing/delivery of the jokes.

Just like last year, I've got a burger from my favorite spot gonna head home and watch a few eps:)

Hopefully I enjoy this season more than the 2nd.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Titus: Oh no, he killed you and you're a ghost? I don't want to make sexy pottery with you

Best show is back. Makes up for VEEP becoming absolutely unfunny for me.

antibolo

Banned
Is Tina Fey's alcoholic psychiatrist character still there?

She was basically the only part of season 2 I enjoyed. If she's gone then I have no interest in continuing to watch this show anymore.

Exotoro

Is Tina Fey's alcoholic psychiatrist character still there?

She was basically the only part of season 2 I enjoyed. If she's gone then I have no interest in continuing to watch this show anymore.
She comes back for a episode

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
"And you know the tooth fairy won't come to this neighborhood ever since I cheated on him"

Every Tituss line is great.
[edit]
They're leaning a little too hard on the SJW stuff with the college girls.

KiN0

I don't know how I feel about this season.
Kimmie getting into Columbia was really lame, as was Russ turning attractive-his new actor is not good. Titus was really fun, but just bout everyone else was less entertaining. I'm not sure how many stories this show has left to tell without going over old territory.

Corpekata

Banned
Kimmy's "Oh noooooo" to the story about the tootsie roll factory is making this season worth it already.

I gotta say though all this Beyonce spoof stuff is going right over my head.

VegiHam

Man this season was a real let down. Very funny, but that came at the expense of any real sense of momentum. Plots just kind of meander around without making any progress. Season 2 at least had the connective thread of Kimmy's anger issues; but this time it seems as if there's no real arc to things along the series; it's just sorta more show. Episode 13 didn't feel like an end to anything in particular, it was just the last of this batch. I'll have to give it another watch and see if it fits together better.
I guess it could be Kimmy wants to help people? But we had to sidetrack through Colombia and rowing and a crisis about molewoman disclosure?
I dunno, it all felt kinda clumsy.

Daveed Diggs is adorable and was totally underused.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Just like last year, I've got a burger from my favorite spot gonna head home and watch a few eps:)

Hopefully I enjoy this season more than the 2nd.
This is my binging ritual and between this, 12 monkeys season 3, master of none season 2 and a new burger place opening near me I'll probably gain 5lbs this week.

pbsapeer

Banned
Enjoyed for the story continuation but no where near as funny as S1 and S2.

Such a shame but just didn't have the same laughs. I enjoyed
the episode where Titus and russ' brother are fighting over Jacqueline
but that was the only stand out episode.

LotusHD

Banned
About halfway through it, not very into it tbh. My friends and I just had to vocally agree that S1 ain't getting beat anytime soon in terms of humor at least.

I still like Tidus, he's hilarious and easily my favorite, but man, I feel like I really don't like or care for anyone else outside of him and Kimmy. I felt similarly in S2, but now it has become more glaring this season.

These jokes feel like they are being written by old people that were once funny, but are now desperately and awkwardly flailing to hit their marks to a younger audience, and it's failing completely.

I loved the first season and liked the second. I didn't think this season was funny at all. Very strange feeling. Did Tina leave?

Not sure where this backlash is coming from. I'm 2 episodes in...and it's more of the same, great Kimmy Schmidt. I dunno, maybe it takes a dive with later episodes?

I do hope everyone isn't marathoning it, because comedy shows can be fatiguing if you do that.

Not sure where this backlash is coming from. I'm 2 episodes in...and it's more of the same, great Kimmy Schmidt.

Unless it takes it dive with later episodes, I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Hope everyone isn't marathoning it, because comedy shows can be fatiguing if you do that.
I thought the first episode was the weakest and it picked up significantly (thru 6 episodes)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I just finished watching S3. Definitely not as good as S1, but I think I liked it more than S2. Had some weaker spots, but all in all I enjoyed it.

addik

I do hope everyone isn't marathoning it, because comedy shows can be fatiguing if you do that.

Yeah, I agree to that, but I did marathon Season 2 (a bit), and found that a pretty good season as well, but mainly because of how dark the main arch was with Kimmy trying to deal with her PTSD.

Side note, I think marathoning AD Season 4 (because my country didn't have Netflix yet and I was in the US when it premiered in Netflix by chance) affected my views on it. Sure, the structure was weird, but maybe I would have liked it more if I watched it one episode at a time.

Up to Episode 8 spoilers
I am not sure how I stand about Season 3 since I just finished Episode 8 but it's still pretty good. Not as strong as S1, but it has great moments here and there. I think what drags the season down is that the main arch is weaker compared to S2. And Kimmy going to Columbia U isn't that believable yet, and that storyline hasn't been used to that advantage because we barely saw Kimmy struggling with school work. I still like the season though, it's just not as strong as it could have been so far. That said, I'm loving the 30 Rock references/cameos in this. That should have been done since Season 1.

I'm only 7 episodes into the season but I feel like there's been pretty clearly defined serialized plotlines running through the season so I don't know why I'm seeing a lot of people claim the season doesn't have a storyline. Not that sitcoms are typically very serialized anyways.

Top Bottom