• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX One X |OT| X Gon' give it to ya

Meh3D

I really wish “Record that” was longer using external storage. The 30 second 4k HDR clips are actually less than 100 mb.

What bothers me the most though about the game DVR is that it will capture games such as Killer Instincts Classic in 4K/HDR. There is absolutely no point to that. I wish we could set the capture format on a per game basis.

I'm also offended that's 2017 and we have to "play games" just to transfer our game captures to our computers. Let me copy a game capture clip to a USB.

Select Capture -> Select Copy to USB -> Plug your USB -> Copy Finished.

Give me that not this nonsense we have now.

Golmon97

Neo Member
Hello guys, i heard that the netflix app on the X can play videos in 4k; how can i be sure? is it hdr as well? Is that all we got for now? I don't plan to use bluray. What about youtube? Is there another way to have access to 4k/hdr content on the X?
I'm gonna get my new tv soon and i want to try some 4k stuff that are not games...thanks for your input ;)

solis74

Hello guys, i heard that the netflix app on the X can play videos in 4k; how can i be sure? is it hdr as well? Is that all we got for now? I don't plan to use bluray. What about youtube? Is there another way to have access to 4k/hdr content on the X?
I'm gonna get my new tv soon and i want to try some 4k stuff that are not games...thanks for your input ;)

Yes Netflix is 4K/HDR and looks fantastic on the X (I have an lg c7)

Read on REDDIT that MS recently said it is reaching out to all its video app partners and working with them to bring 4K app updates to the X.

thatJohann

I may be doing it wrong but I just go to captures on my xbox app on my phone. Then save them.

I was doing that until someone told me they were looking crappy and had a low res of 960 x 540 which makes me think they are not high quality. I also tried OneDrive and same thing.

I was doing that until someone told me they were looking crappy and had a low res of 960 x 540 which makes me think they are not high quality. I also tried OneDrive and same thing.

I posted some in the screenshot thread using the technique. Here's one:

38335666176_ffd26f7eb1_o.png

I'm pretty sure it's 1080p.

Kenito

Neo Member
Apparently you can win a butler for a week. No idea why this is even a thing or why it's limited to the Nordic.

WIN A BUTLER!

Xbox Nordic (Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland) launches Butlerservice to give gamers more time for gaming.

No more shall a lovely Forza race be interrupted by a stinking pile of laundry, a wonderful game of Shadow of War be ruined by a sink full of dishes or an amazing mission in Assassin’s Creed be pushed aside by dirty windows.

an Xbox Butler for a week!

munroe

Some stuff from that butler competition:

1 week of butler service delivered by JCP Nordic. 2x4 hours of cleaning, help to run errands, do the laundry, dishes, cleaning the windows, walk the dog(s), pick up take-away (the expenses on food are not included), and of course Xbox gaming!

All winners are responsible for paying potential taxes, the Butler Service has an estimated value of USD 800.

asocirev

So what's the best achievement guide site these days? TrueAchievemnts? XboxAchievements? Something else?

I use TrueAchievements almost exclusively, one stop shop for solutions, walkthroughs, difficulty rankings etc... I will use XboxAchievements rarely and only if they are discussing 100% achievement roadmap planning.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Sorry for my ignorance, but will local co-op ever be enabled for Halo 5 for Xbox One X (or any online only co-op game, for that matter)?

Clutchman

Neo Member
Is Wolfenstein 2 a HDR title? Doesn't seem to be launching with HDR enabled unless I'm missing something..
I was hoping it would be and I thought it was launching with HDR support. I played the first hour and it was awesome but if HDR is coming via a patch or whatever (just assuming) I think I'll just wait it out.

I could have missed it since Ive been pretty busy the last couple of days, but Super luckys tale got a pretty big update (I think around 6 or 7 gigs..) as well as Gears 4, and Wolf 2.. any way to find out what these updates do?

Z..

Sorry for my ignorance, but will local co-op ever be enabled for Halo 5 for Xbox One X (or any online only co-op game, for that matter)?

It doesn't have local Co-Op? What the fuck? A friend is currently lending me his One while he plays Persona 5 on my PS4 and I was saving Halo 5 for when my brother comes during Xmas holidays (we completed 3/ODST/Reach and 4 together), this is EXTREMELLY disappointing. Why would they omit such a feature?
Guess I know what I'm gonna do tomorrow, then...

rokkerkory

It doesn't have local Co-Op? What the fuck? A friend is currently lending me his One while he plays Persona 5 on my PS4 and I was saving Halo 5 for when my brother comes during Xmas holidays (we completed 3/ODST/Reach and 4 together), this is EXTREMELLY disappointing. Why would they omit such a feature?
Guess I know what I'm gonna do tomorrow, then...

Yep this is one of the biggest backlashes against H5. Good thing 343 promised this will never happen again. I can't even fathom how they approved of that decision.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Im in uk here,do I have to plug directly into the wall socket because I dont have enough sockets to do so.

I normally use cheap plug adapter I brought from asda(UK SUPERMARKET), I dont know if they have surge protection or not.

Has Microsoft adressed this for UK? because UK electrical system is different to americas.

Anyone know a link to Microsofts instructions on the matter?

abbyabs

Thinking of buying an xbox one s to play with forza 7 & horizon 3 with my brother he has PC and owns FH3. Can we both play together but on different live accounts using the same game? If i logged in with his account and downloaded the game on my xbox?

Unity2012

Can anyone help with my query please?

I'm not sure about specifics for the UK; but in my case, I use a surge protector power strip. It might help. I've never had a problem with my consoles working out of a surge protector source.

*I live in the US not UK but I'd think the benefit will be the same.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I'm not sure about specifics for the UK; but in my case, I use a surge protector power strip. It might help. I've never had a problem with my consoles working out of a surge protector source.

After reading this article

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....one-console-surge-protector-issue-kind-of/amp

Its because the xbox1s have there own surge protection,so its like plugging a surge into another surge.
However I did it with my original XB1 and had no problems.

solis74

I use serge protector to in the uk, X has a built in one, so external one not required,

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
OK, this console is rad. Loading up Rainbox 6 Vegas 2, all my progression (max rank) gear was still there and all my campaign completion progress (I'd finished it on the hardest difficulty lol)

Old games like Rainbox were sweet. Deep multiplayer, terrorist hunt, loads of weapons, attachments, gadgets, sick campaign that contained a shit load of levels. Man, they need to make a new one.

It's cool as fuck that each back compat game has it's own store page with pics and recordings of gameplay that the community have made. Spent an hour or so just watching old game clips on the store lol. Gonna spend a bit of money there I think!

On another note holy shit forza 7 looks fantastic. Not only that, the whole game oozes polish. Shame all that hard work was a looked over by most because "loot box controversy"

Edit: and the controller like, never goes flat! Been running on the 2 AA's that came with the system and I've not even used HALF of the power yet. Crazy, would've charged the dual shock twice by now at least.

Top Bottom