• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Blues1990

Yeah Cybergoth & Industrial skins are straight trash. The Cyberian one is nice (and it pairs really well with the gold gun), but nothing tops her weightlifter skins. So glad they re-introduced them this year. I didn't get them during last year's event.

Her Epic Skins are pretty nice, with Midnight coming to mind. I still rock her Violet Common Skin, which pairs nicely with Zarya's gold gun. But I agree, they can do so much with Zarya, but most of her Legendary skins blow. Which is why I wish some of her HOTS skins were in Overwatch, Cyberdemon and Thunder Guard specifically. I don't care if they don't make any sense, I would use her Thunder Guard skin until I turn blue in the face.

With regards to BlizzCon: The current narrative is pointing towards a second Omnic Crisis, & I'm interested to see how the cast reacts/responds to it. Winston still needs to bring back Reinhardt and Torbjorn, provided they had responded to the Recall.

Ugh fell into Diamond and now I'm stuck, every match goes the same

Pick my main
2-3 people insta pick Offense/Defense
One person goes Healer or other Tank
Last person goes Hanzo/Widow/Least Useful possible hero

Fuck my life

Two seasons ago I placed on my main right near the end of the season, the placement matches were really fun for the most part with masters and gm on both teams and a diamond appearing every now and then. I finished the previous season at ~3600 so the game put me at ~3400. 6 consecutive losses after that with absolute shit games full of Junkrats and Hanzos.

Managed to climb to ~3470 and didn't place last season because I knew it was going to be the same shit (~200 points lower).

Games can be really garbage at that rank. I'm talking about basic mistakes like going by themselves and just feed over and over (a bad roadhog can cost you the game all by himself), using ults when the fights are lost or going 1vs6, dps/tanks not switching no matter how bad they're being countered, etc.

Two seasons ago I placed on my main right near the end of the season, the placement matches were really fun for the most part with masters and gm on both teams and a diamond appearing every now and then. I finished the previous season at ~3600 so the game put me at ~3400. 6 consecutive losses after that with absolute shit games full of Junkrats and Hanzos.

Managed to climb to ~3470 and didn't place last season because I knew it was going to be the same shit (~200 points lower).

Games can be really garbage at that rank. I'm talking about basic mistakes like going by themselves and just feed over and over (a bad roadhog can cost you the game all by himself), using ults when the fights are lost or going 1vs6, dps/tanks not switching no matter how bad they're being countered, etc.

Its absolutely fucking terrible. I might just give up this season, I literally just keep losing because of stupid shit, and its been like that all week.

Match right now someone rage quit for no fucking reason because apparently I'm a shitty Soldier when I have Gold in almost everything and our Doomfist and Junkrat are doing jack shit.

Its one thing when the matches are fun/even and I'm losing because of my own mistakes. But like 80% of these matches don't even feel fair from the fucking start because of dumbass team comps that are unfixable

Its absolutely fucking terrible. I might just give up this season, I literally just keep losing because of stupid shit, and its been like that all week.

Match right now someone rage quit for no fucking reason because apparently I'm a shitty Soldier when I have Gold in almost everything and our Doomfist and Junkrat are doing jack shit.

Its one thing when the matches are fun/even and I'm losing because of my own mistakes. But like 80% of these matches don't even feel fair from the fucking start because of dumbass team comps that are unfixable

When OW is like that it's just no fun and makes me not want to play it anymore or just stick with other modes.

Sometimes we stay just to play at least one good comp match but that's when the loss streak starts. Shit game after shit game and by the end of the session we are 200 points lower from where we started.

When OW is like that it's just no fun and makes me not want to play it anymore or just stick with other modes.

Sometimes we stay just to play at least one good comp match but that's when the loss streak starts. Shit game after shit game and by the end of the session we are 200 points lower from where we started.

Yup. Finally got a win and only got 7 whole SR too despite being on fire most of it.....

I thought last season was bad with toxicity and just overall dumb plays, but somehow this season has exceeded that. Especially thanks to the Junkrat buff added to the Mercy and D.va updates

Team wipes on Hanamura, everyone is dead and waiting to respawn. Mercy is standing outside of choke and pops Valkyrie to rez one whole person then promptly gets taken down by Soldier. Then swaps to Junkrat with 1:30 left on the clock

At this point I can't even accept these losses as being my fault. How the fuck do you deal with all this idiocy.
When the shitty mercy mains stop playing

Nepenthe

Just had a nice match defending on King's Row where everyone on both teams was in sync with one another. No bullshit was happening- everyone was doing their jobs. Came down to a few meters, both teams were in a dust cloud, a few people on both sides flexing, but eventually we whittled most of them down, and then I booped off Orisa and someone else for the win.

Hard fought matches are the best ones.

wish he and Symm would get some story updates

Tbh same, but if those leaked upcoming maps from like 2 months ago or so end up being a real thing, at least Sym may be up for some story development if Utopaea ends up being made. At least Hanzo got a big role in an animated short so far, but he really should get a comic too.

I personally wanna see what's going on with D.Va. She seems to still have the least level of relevance to the overall story. Lucio too for that matter.

Happy to see Zarya finally getting something at least. That Sombra short cliffhanger got me really curious

I'd much rather have a health increase for the tire (150hp) than the speed, even with the flying nerf it's still hard to hit it on console for the most part. The other day as soon as I saw the tire coming I just used my Hog ult to take it out mid-air because fuck that shit.

Went like 7-5 and gained 14 SR.

At least the games were mostly fun

You have to play mercy more.

rip

You fell into the trap. Never let your Top 5 characters reflect the ones you hate.

True words.

Having fun in Comp and Arcade so far this season.

Doesn't seem anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be given some of the clamor around it. I'm just in Gold though.

New Roadhog is actually a lot of fun!!

Just got a hate message from a teammate for not healing him to his satisfaction as a solo Mercy

Pretty sure thats my cue to stop playing this season. Literally stuck in Diamond and surrounded by idiots in most of my matches

My most played hero is Soldier, with a 60% win rate but I cant seem to get out of low diamond... frustrating.

Europe is the worst. Spanish, French, Arabic... no point in joining team-chat since you can't expect any kind of dialog with so many languages.

I wonder if the UK players have their own server or something. The game constantly appears in their charts so it's definitely selling. The last time I heard someone from uk was weeks ago when we played with Biscuit, since he's from there.

Just got a hate message from a teammate for not healing him to his satisfaction as a solo Mercy

Pretty sure thats my cue to stop playing this season. Literally stuck in Diamond and surrounded by idiots in most of my matches

You can always join the blog squad for a few games to see how it goes. We play at 10pm est most of the days.

We usually do like 4 or 5 games unless we are being lucky and having good games and teammates.

Frester

Junkertown goes live in comp today, yeah? Interested to play it in comp, as the arcade matches I played were all pretty lopsided.

LiK

It's even worse than previous seasons. I'm uninstalling the game. Just no fun anymore.

- Trolls
- Throwers
- Hanzo mains
- People who don't know how to pick a decent counter hero

This game is filled with man babies.

This is true. I was joining team chat with killdatninja just a few days ago and the randoms were soooo annoying on mic. Going back to no team chat. Just gonna have fun and do my best. All my win streaks were from avoiding team chat so I could concentrate on the game and not some random crying about how he was constantly killed.

Mr Git

My most played hero is Soldier, with a 60% win rate but I cant seem to get out of low diamond... frustrating.

What's your PSN? I'm also in EU (well UK so EU.. tentatively)

Europe is the worst. Spanish, French, Arabic... no point in joining team-chat since you can't expect any kind of dialog with so many languages.

I wonder if the UK players have their own server or something. The game constantly appears in their charts so it's definitely selling. The last time I heard someone from uk was weeks ago when we played with Biscuit, since he's from there.

You can always join the blog squad for a few games to see how it goes. We play at 10pm est most of the days.

We usually do like 4 or 5 games unless we are being lucky and having good games and teammates.

I'm not sure we have our own servers at all. I play a lot past midnight and get mixed with a lot of Saudis, but even if I play before midnight I'm often put into games with US players and other Europeans. Rarely hear fellow Brits, but then mics on PS4 aren't exactly that frequent.

I still think the problem with teamchat could be alleviated with push to talk on console. But then so many characters are stuck for free buttons I can kinda see how it would be hard to implement on Overwatch on console. Controllers need more buttons.

paperlynx

I think I get quite lucky in the EU servers, tend to get a decent number of English speakers. Though when there are multiple languages going on might as well leave chat...

Enjoying roadhog a lot at the moment, climbing pretty consistently with him

Since Zen is the only healer who doesn't have an escape ability, what do you think of giving him an "Instant 180 degree turn" button to deal with the Genjis, Tracers, and Sombras who can gank you from behind a second after being right in your face?

Cappa

Banned
Same here with Winston. 67% still in low diamond. I was master last season frustrating as he'll.
My top 3-4 most played heroes I have about a 60% winrate but my overwall win rate is more like 47%. Im going to assume that just means I need to instalock soldier no matter what or play any of the other heroes and no one else. (S76, Mercy, DVa, and Mei are my most played) Mei being my post played all time.

When I do get people in chat its usually the french who wont speak english unless its to insult you so yeah lol

What's your PSN? I'm also in EU (well UK so EU.. tentatively)

It´s XxCappaXx

My top 3-4 most played heroes I have about a 60% winrate but my overwall win rate is more like 47%. Im going to assume that just means I need to instalock soldier no matter what or play any of the other heroes and no one else. (S76, Mercy, DVa, and Mei are my most played) Mei being my post played all time.

When I do get people in chat its usually the french who wont speak english unless its to insult you so yeah lol

It´s XxCappaXx

Thing is people insta-lock tanks and dps. So I do my best healing even tho it's at a much lower winrate.

I-hate-u

See, this is why I miss the old Roadhog and even Ana. Even if your DPS is sucking, you can make it up while still playing your role as a Tank/Healer.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
That's why you go zen. When dps sucks booty you so it yourself
Especially when it's a dps heavy team.
This is usually when I switch to Ana. Often a good nade hit is the difference between someone getting away with low health and getting finished off by the rest of the team.

Ana's ability to heal from long range is sometimes more useful than Mercy's noodle too, especially if everyone is keen on charging way too far forward. At least, practicing long range shots is more fun for me than trying to chase them down as Mercy.

I find the "low team dps" teams tend to get worse as the games go on. We lose a few team fights without getting picks, everyone starts going "not enough dps", and then everyone starts switching towards horrible comps to try to hard carry the team.

The DPS start switching around to Widow or some shit, the tanks and healers start switching to DPS, and I'm usually left trying to solo heal a team of 4-5 DPS.

Mr Git

It´s XxCappaXx

Yup it's a mixed bag over here really. That or it's shouty/music/decibel people who just need muting straight away. Ace I'll add ya later
did you and Lik collaborate on PSN names

Since Zen is the only healer who doesn't have an escape ability, what do you think of giving him an "Instant 180 degree turn" button to deal with the Genjis, Tracers, and Sombras who can gank you from behind a second after being right in your face?

Zen is the only healer I'm okay with but I wish he had some kind of movement ability. It's just hard playing him when every other character I gravitate towards has one of some sort. I say just give him yoga teleport.

I don't like new Dva. The rockets just seem like something to distract you from the fact that they totally changed the character. They are a 'cool' ability that is pretty useless overall.

I-hate-u

I don't like new Dva. The rockets just seem like something to distract you from the fact that they totally changed the character. They are a 'cool' ability that is pretty useless overall.

Rockets + Shooting while flying is an incredible buff to her DPS. Flankers have to be careful now if a D.Va is babysitting the healers.

why do i have 8 hours on mercy this season. ive been avoiding her like the plague.
Must be 2.0 Mercy.

now she has a higher WR than zen and ana. RIP.

the only other support i need to bring back is lucio. barely even play him

Cappa

Banned
Im the opposite I like her alot and don't have a problem with losing my mech quickly. You obviously can't DM your way out of a fight anymore so you need to be smart.

S6 sounds like quite a struggle.

I really can't explain it, this has been the worst season I've experienced. I've never fell from Gold to Bronze in such a manner as this season. I had a drop from Gold to Silver, which I can at least see the reasons for, but this season. Man.

The drop was insane. If I didn't go Tank the DPS was poor, if I went DPS nobody went Tank. There has been absolutely no team chemistry at all from what I've experienced. It doesn't help that 1 spot is auto assigned to Junkrat, I guess.
I do feel like the art of DPS has been lost, people think it's the easy job and take it for granted thinking they can just run straight up the middle and hold down the fire button.

I'm curious to see how I'd fare on a fresh account (PS4). Getting to 25, placing in comp etc.

Is this against Blizzard's rules? I wouldn't be grouping with anybody or trying to manipulate my placements....

I'm curious to see how I'd fare on a fresh account (PS4). Getting to 25, placing in comp etc.

Is this against Blizzard's rules? I wouldn't be grouping with anybody or trying to manipulate my placements....

I swear when I play quick play these days I encounter just as many smurf/new accounts from experienced players than the long term ones.
Often with gimmicky overwatch usernames to really cement that point.

So you'd be far from alone and evidentially blizzard don't care about it.

Top Bottom