• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

Corpsepyre

Banned
Greg, please edit this a little better. I need to press forward a lot watching your current videos on Youtube as a lot of them contain a lot of filler before you even start talking about the topic at hand. Love your discussions, but the videos need better editing.

gioGAF

Great news! I tried to get into their daily show but there was just too much nonsense I wasn't interested in to entertain me. This is exactly what I wanted, a Playstation focused podcast. I will have to check it out.

Same. I like Colin because even though I don't agree with him sometimes, he voices his opinions very well. Especially when it comes to Square Enix/JRPGs and Nintendo. I kind him to be very level headed and he's very good at carrying a conversation.

Greg always came off as overly excited and too much of a character for me to take him seriously. In a conversation, he depends too much on inside jokes and his opinions don't usually move the conversation forward, rather keeps it stagnant. I get that he has several connections in the industry so he's more casual during interviews and such, but he comes off as a bit too brash. I always viewed Greg as the kid in your classroom who always tries to get people to laugh. Sometimes it works but other times you just want him to be quiet.

I don't hate Greg, but I'm not a fan of his. I do like his channel and his podcasts, mostly because it involves Colin. If he's reading this, I have no hostility towards him either, but I'd prefer to view content from others. I will give him props on getting Shuhei Yoshida to become much more open with the consumers whenever Greg and Colin interview him however.

Best wishes.
thank you. when he does his reviews he does it in an over-enthusiastic and even unsophisticated manner. i remember watching his inf1 review and he mentioned in it that he didn't like cole's voice because it was grizzly but said that was just sucker punch's choice. then we get to the end of it and see that he actually took off point from the game because it. WTF? and that's just one exampke.
Yes, I agree. It's a shame he's pretty much everywhere. I don't know how people can stand him. That's a great name for a podcast, though.

*edit*

"You know we have to pay for this room, right?"

"You don't have to pay for shit, you already paid for the person to come in and clean this shit."

For clarification, that is the exact moment when he both garnered Giant Bomb appeal and came off as a real asshole.
good to see more likeminded people here, but I don't really know what you're referencing with the giant bomb thing.
He was unbearable to me as well, but he seems a lot more chill and calmed down after he left IGN.
i haven't paid attention to the kinda funny shit. honestly, i don't really care.

I'm actually excited about this.

I'm just thinking of the possibilities of this show.

Greg and Colin doing PS Stuff will always be the premier PS podcast. Sorry to Beyond and Blogcast, but they're the bosses.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Today Kinda Funny announced a new podcast, called PS I Love You, featuring Podcast Beyond alumni Greg Miller and Colin Moriarty. Starts next Tuesday (September 29th). It is free for all users. It will also post in video form on YouTube.

NEW PLAYSTATION PODCAST: PS I Love You XOXO

6YQhqfI.jpg

So how is this different from Kinda Funny?

Greg, please edit this a little better. I need to press forward a lot watching your current videos on Youtube as a lot of them contain a lot of filler before you even start talking about the topic at hand. Love your discussions, but the videos need better editing.
Isn't it just 1/3 of the podcast with a title slapped on it though?

This is perfect. I stopped watching Colin & Greg because they kept talking too much about stuff that I didn't give a shit about, and there wasn't any convenient means of sifting through the dirt to get to the gold. But a new podcast dedicated entirely to PS stuff will be just like the good ol' Beyond days. I could listen to Colin talk about PlayStation-related matters all day.

(now if only they could get Goldfarb)

He is back in the Bay area so I don't see why not?

Fingers crossed they do. I think the 3 of them are perfect together.

Also, Greg MIller has calmed down an awful since starting Kinda Funny.

I'm so happy! I haven't had time to catch C&G Live every day, and the Gamescast has stopped interesting me because of how unfocused it is, so this really excites me! Thanks, Colin and Greg.

Yay Greg and Colin on the PS world are back. The boys are back in town . Can't wait till this new podcast gets awesome inside jokes like "Van full of nuns" and "#1 hypothetical abortion podcast", "My name is Kellyyy! - Ah Whaaa? " and "The prophecy". There are so many more and have given me non stop laughing fits, and I can't wait for this new show to go off the rails (I'm expecting it for the first show).

The end of the PSN outage podcast is one of the greatest podcasts ever.

Troy

Banned
i like colin moriarty but greg miller was always stupidly annoying to me.

I found them both to be unbearable. Being on the same podcast meant I could easily escape them by simply not listening to that one podcast. There aren't many gaming podcasts left that I enjoy. I sometimes give Fireteam Chat a listen as well as GT Time.

I think the problem is Max was never really a fan of Playstation and he was kinda forced in to filling in the void of two people who loved and cared about the brand. It was a losing battle before it began and you can see because now it's pretty much a general podcast talking about all 3 brands and other random stuff.

Yeah absolutely. Pretty tough to find someone who matched Greg and Colin's level of love for the brand.

skelekey

This is fantastic news. Beyond died for me when they left. I tried, believe me, I tried, but Beyond went south after they left. They need to hire a fact checker or something.

I'm glad to have a podcast to listen to again.

Shenmue

Banned
This is fantastic news. Beyond died for me when they left. I tried, believe me, I tried, but Beyond went south after they left. They need to hire a fact checker or something.

I'm glad to have a podcast to listen to again.

Or just hire someone who actually cares about Playstation to be on the podcast.

I found them both to be unbearable. Being on the same podcast meant I could easily escape them by simply not listening to that one podcast. There aren't many gaming podcasts left that I enjoy. I sometimes give Fireteam Chat a listen as well as GT Time.
what was so bad about colin?

The good news is that PSI<3U Podcast can just take all the Podcast Beyond segments that it used to have when Greg and Colin worked there because the current team doesn't use any of them.

8f41da2a9439d3d35213ccf79fcaab5d.gif

Shenmue

Banned
The good news is that PSI<3U Podcast can just take all the Podcast Beyond segments that it used to have when Greg and Colin worked there because the current team doesn't use any of them.

8f41da2a9439d3d35213ccf79fcaab5d.gif

Well to be fair the current PB has no real segments to speak of. It's just like one non-stop segment of random jokes and nonsequitors.

They could use a segment like GT Time of corrections because of all the misinformation they have.

killroy87

Well to be fair the current PB has no real segments to speak of. It's just like one non-stop segment of random jokes and nonsequitors.

They could use a segment like GT Time of corrections because of all the misinformation they have.

That's so odd to me, especially sinc eI never really equated Max to comedy. When they rebooted Up at Noon at like a comedy show, I literally thought (and I don't mean this cynically) "but...you're not very funny..."

It's just not a quality I relate to those people.

ClearData

I liked Colin Moriarty's Roper Report back in the Beyond days. Some might have called it long, but I thought it was thorough. Andrew kind of breezes through news on the current incarnation of Beyond. So I am looking forward to PS I love you's news segments.

I like the new Beyond, but its kind of like a standard podcast, there's just no energy, I was legit sad on there final episode, I have so many memories attached to listening to Beyond. This news made my day.

kaskade

I'm excited for it to come back. I tried to get into the Gamescast but I couldn't really. I think it was Tim. There's nothing really wrong with him he just never really brings anything interesting to the table for me.

Greg and Colin need to make it a major priority to get Ryan on the podcast on a regular basis. There's never been a better PlayStation podcasting trio than those three guys.

Yay Greg and Colin on the PS world are back. The boys are back in town . Can't wait till this new podcast gets awesome inside jokes like "Van full of nuns" and "#1 hypothetical abortion podcast", "My name is Kellyyy! - Ah Whaaa? " and "The prophecy". There are so many more and have given me non stop laughing fits, and I can't wait for this new show to go off the rails (I'm expecting it for the first show).

"Kelly, you sound SWEET!"

Stimpack

thank you. when he does his reviews he does it in an over-enthusiastic and even unsophisticated manner. i remember watching his inf1 review and he mentioned in it that he didn't like cole's voice because it was grizzly but said that was just sucker punch's choice. then we get to the end of it and see that he actually took off point from the game because it. WTF? and that's just one exampke.

good to see more likeminded people here, but I don't really know what you're referencing with the giant bomb thing.

i haven't paid attention to the kinda funny shit. honestly, i don't really care.

https://youtu.be/TPUDsdaZaGk?t=10735

I like it because he's one of the few who recognizes the greatness that is Resistance 3
I just played through Resistance 3 for the very first time. I never played any of the previous Resistance games, but I know members here have praised the third entry in the series. So, when I saw it at Target on clearance for $5.98 I bit.

I was surprised by how good it was. I wouldn't put it in the "great" category, but what it does, it does well. I imagine the graphics would have been more poignant when the game was released 4 years ago. And I feel like the Resistance 3 borrows a lot of ideas from Half-Life 2 and incorporates it into its own world. I really enjoyed the guns and the enemies were varied enough to make combat feel exciting every skirmish. All in all, it was 8-10 hours of game that I enjoyed.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm excited for it to come back. I tried to get into the Gamescast but I couldn't really. I think it was Tim. There's nothing really wrong with him he just never really brings anything interesting to the table for me.

That's not Tim's fault, but rather the structure. Feels to much just a bunch of segmentented topics to easily break out into YouTube vs more of a general podcast feel.

They also seem to go over news on C&G Live so you miss that aspect or get a retred on a topic they talked about but you probably aren't getting the best take on.

killroy87

That's not Tim's fault, but rather the structure. Feels to much just a bunch of segmentented topics to easily break out into YouTube vs more of a general podcast feel.

They also seem to go over news on C&G Live so you miss that aspect or get a retred on a topic they talked about but you probably aren't getting the best take on.

Is C&G Live available in any format outside of Twitch? I feel like I'd watch/listen to that all the time, but I never really venture into Twitch land.

Welp, guess this will be my wife's first gaming podcast.

She doesn't like the hosts of The Patch and thinks PSblogcast is boring, but we both love all the Kinda Funny stuff, so I'm betting she'll feel right at home with PS ILU.

She's become a podcast addict and hasn't found a good gaming one yet. We pretty much only play PlayStation and she has zero interest in Xbox or PC.

Top Bottom