• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming June 2017 | What Would Apple Do (WWAD)

HotHamBoy

Kingdom-New-Lands-Free-Download.jpg

Kingdom: New Lands
is on sale for $2.99 on iOS.

This game just came out on mobile like two months ago for $9.99

Great reception, I picked it up myself.

Also on sale:

Ys Chronicles 1 [$4.99]
Sentinels of the Multiverse [$1.99]
Anodyne Mobile [$1.99]
Sproggiwood [$1.99]
Rules! [$1.99]
Kathy Rain [$1.99]
The Spatials [$1.99 (HD)]
One Button Travel [$1.99]
Little Luca [$0.99]
Rusty Lake Hotel [$0.99]
Rusty Lake: Roots [$1.99]
The Room Three [$4.99]

Keep your hopes up!

Touch Arcade reporting today that Darkest Dungeon probably getting tablet release:

http://toucharcade.com/2017/06/21/darkest-dungeon-ios-release-chance-extremely-high/

The developers just finished a Reddit AMA in celebration of the game's DLC, Crimson Court, and stated that the chance of a tablet release is "extremely high," which is great news to me and, possible, many of you.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Will happily double dip so I can switch from Vita to iPad for my portable fix.

Wait a minute... "Switch..." that reminds me of something...

I need a new tower defense game. Anyone see anything of note lately?

Kingdom Rush's
Demons VS Fairyland
Dungeon Warfare
Cursed Treasure 2
Tiny Guardians
Bloons (Not a fan)
Fieldrunners (Not a fan)

They're the main ones I can think of.

Crystal Siege
Anomaly Defenders
Over The Top Tower Defense

These are more arcade games with a tower defense theme to them:
Warcher Defender
Bardbarian
Castle Doombad

Try Dungeon of the Endless.

It's only $1.99, I think it used to be $9.99. I know I picked it up on sale for $5.

It's a hybrid real-time roguelike/TD. You have a core area you must protect from waves of enemies but you have to venture out into the dungeon to get supplies for fortifications. It's pretty tough.

Tbh honest you've played all the best one I know of. I can vouch for Crystal Defenders as a solid F2P Kingdom Rush clone.

Dungeon Defense: Invasion of Heores (.99) is on the more arcadey side like Warcher Defender. It's extremely popular on the TouchArcade forum, not sure why. I thought it was decent for a buck.

Block Fortress
(1.99) is a mixture of Crafting and TD. Great reviews and a disgusting Minecraft aesthetic.

Maybe you would be interested in more offense-oriented strategy games? There's a pretty wide variety.

Doorkickers
First Strike
Planar Conquest
Warbits
Skulls of the Shogun
XCOM Enemy Within
The Banner Saga 1 & 2
Rymdkapsel
Steamworld Heist
Autumn Dynasty
Battle For Polytopia
Rome: Total War
Frozen Synapse
Chroma Squad
Final Fantasy Tactics

How do I change regions on the store? I a cidently switched to the U.K. Store and now I can't figure out how to go back
Sign out, then sign back into your account

Touch Arcade reporting today that Darkest Dungeon probably getting tablet release:

http://toucharcade.com/2017/06/21/darkest-dungeon-ios-release-chance-extremely-high/

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Will happily double dip so I can switch from Vita to iPad for my portable fix.

Wait a minute... "Switch..." that reminds me of something...
Nice! Was playing it again on PC due to the new expansion, and it's still just begging to be played on iPad. The interface is just made for touch, down to being able to hold down on the side of the screen with the mouse to walk in that direction, or needing to click on the map to go to a room

Anilones

I've been out of the Kairosoft loop for a while and thinking about picking one up, I've played the a few of the games before (listed below in order of how much I enjoyed them), does anyone have any recommendations?

Game Dev Story (of course)
Grand Prix Story
Mega Mall Story
Pocket League Story
Dungeon Village
Cafeteria Nipponica (got bored before I completed)
Pocket Stables (didn't enjoy)
Pocket League Story 2 (F2P shenanigans)

baconcow

I've been out of the Kairosoft loop for a while and thinking about picking one up, I've played the a few of the games before (listed below in order of how much I enjoyed them), does anyone have any recommendations?

Grand Prix Story
Mega Mall Story
Pocket League Story
Dungeon Village

I just picked it up, so no impressions to offer, but Ninja Story is currently on sale for $1, and has great ratings. Reddit members recommended it to me.

Mudo

Grand Prix Story
Mega Mall Story
Pocket League Story
Dungeon Village

Going by what you liked here are my other favorites in order:

1. Anime Studio Story - closest we have gotten to Game Dev Story i think
2. Epic Astro Story - in outer space, this one is fun and a bit weird
3. Magazine Mogul Story - i think that's the correct name
4. Beastie Bay

Have fun i still love Kairo games there isn't anything else i've found with the HYPER-addiction these games bring for the first couple days. I play for hours the first couple days lol

HotHamBoy

Grand Prix Story
Mega Mall Story
Pocket League Story
Dungeon Village

Pocket Arcade Story

LSOOIleUyprECgLbcxG0FUxmwi5VcnoBNAp8e6WBEBTVcMjsErwhsFzpJolUBd5lgOw=h900

7fra-l9uVeRnGc3CR8UN4PtfxRGOlc8t__VanzhrSgZOG9F_L-5CzW57DNt1o7p3xn8=h900

2_pocket_arcade_story.jpg

I just picked that one up. Only did the first puzzle after the tutorial but it seems very solid so far. Nice mix of room searching and little logic puzzles inbetween. It is very much like The Room, to the degree that you also have this magic spyglass to examine objects which is a little shameless but if you can get past that and want more Room action then Da Vinci seems to provide that in spades.

HotHamBoy

Siralim 2 is FREE today

Crashlands
is $1.99

Kepa on TA confirmed Death Road to Canada's next big update is releasing on June 29th

I really want to play this game but I'm not a fan of those kinds of touch controls, especially on a big ol' iPad. Wish there was a demo. No MFi controller

Could play on PC but I never do.

This game really needs a console release. Vita or Switch would be perfect but would be happy with PS4.

okno

Comix Zone by SEGA
https://appsto.re/us/Fferfb.i

I'm at work, so can't play it, yet, but damn if my inner child isn't squealing with joy. One IAP to remove "non-SEGA ads" for $1.99. Edit: looks like the free version only has cloud saves, so requires internet. The IAP removes ads and allows for local saves, as well.

Oynox

That's huge! Thanks for the headsup!!

Comix Zone by SEGA
https://appsto.re/us/Fferfb.i

I'm at work, so can't play it, yet, but damn if my inner child isn't squealing with joy. One IAP to remove "non-SEGA ads" for $1.99. Edit: looks like the free version only has cloud saves, so requires internet. The IAP removes ads and allows for local saves, as well.

Jep, it is one of the new "Sega forever" games linup, all of them have the same monetization model. Others are

„Altered Beast” von SEGA
https://appsto.re/de/wFRty.i

„Kid Chameleon” von SEGA
https://appsto.re/de/TJXljb.i

„Phantasy Star II™” von SEGA
https://appsto.re/de/1Glgx.i

The original Sonic The Hedghog got updated to fit the line up as well.

baconcow

Siralim 2 is FREE today

Crashlands
is $1.99

Picked up Crashlands. Had played it for about 60 hours with a controller. Will be picking up a Nimbus to use with it, Terraria, Minecraft, Wayward Souls, Crypt of the Necrodancer, and a few others. Any other good MFI games (I have some of the compatible ones, on Steam, like Transistor, Limbo, and Bastion)?

Oynox

Age or Rivals supports cross-platform play between iOS, Android, Steam and the free Kongregate version. Most probably will pick it up to play with my so who is on Android.

Picked up Crashlands. Had played it for about 60 hours with a controller. Will be picking up a Nimbus to use with it, Terraria, Minecraft, Wayward Souls, Crypt of the Necrodancer, and a few others. Any other good MFI games (I have some of the compatible ones, on Steam, like Transistor, Limbo, and Bastion)?

Take a look at

Goblin Sword
Lost Socks
LEGO Star Wars The Complete Saga

Those are some of the game which still remain in my MFi folder. Oh well, if you like racing games and by any chance like rally you need to pick up Rush Rally 2.

awp69

Pixelbite recently released an incredibly crappy sequel to Reckless Getaway. But if you haven't already picked it up, the classic original is free today.

Oynox

AVOID buying Comix Zone blindly! It has severe performance issues.

Not sure if it is because of my 5S or maybe because the always online + ads of the free version are causing the issues but for now I cannot pick this game up.

The free version is barely playable, had to reinstall it because it had extreme sound problems and ran with like 5fps. I will keep it on my phone to See if we get an update.

okno

AVOID buying Comix Zone blindly! It has severe performance issues.

Not sure if it is because of my 5S or maybe because the always online + ads of the free version are causing the issues but for now I cannot pick this game up.

The free version is barely playable, had to reinstall it because it had extreme sound problems and ran with like 5fps. I will keep it on my phone to See if we get an update.

Just avoid it, period. It controls absolutely terribly. I'm on a 6s+, so I had no performance issues, but it's just not meant to be played with touch controls.

Anyone played Monster Hunter on iOS? I loved the game on my PSP but the damn handheld broke before I could get too far into it. I'm very tempted to try it on my iPad but at £15... I'm worried I'll hate how it handles with touch controls.

okno

Anyone played Monster Hunter on iOS? I loved the game on my PSP but the damn handheld broke before I could get too far into it. I'm very tempted to try it on my iPad but at £15... I'm worried I'll hate how it handles with touch controls.

It plays perfectly with touch controls, actually. It's a spectacular port.

HotHamBoy

So I just found out I had an MFi controller all this time. Two, actually.

I forgot that my seldom-used 8bitdo SNES30 and NES30 Pro controllers were MFi! That's not what I bought them for so that's pretty swell.

Death Road To Canada is getting another $1 price hike for its June 29th update and another big content update with another price hike is expected in August.

Time to buy!

So I just found out I had an MFi controller all this time. Two, actually.

I forgot that my seldom-used 8bitdo SNES30 and NES30 Pro controllers were MFi! That's not what I bought them for so that's pretty swell.

Death Road To Canada is getting another $1 price hike for its June 29th update and another big content update with another price hike is expected in August.

Time to buy!
It's the same as the PC version, we're getting...Bort
21deathroad.jpg

Among other stuff
dfa568553f3dbc8b6a44bdbccd815718af03e6ff.gif

http://steamcommunity.com/games/deathroad/announcements/detail/2881589795638891531

awp69

I still really have not been able to get into Death Road to Canada. Not a bad game but just did not hook me like it has others.

I still really have not been able to get into Death Road to Canada. Not a bad game but just did not hook me like it has others.
I admittedly put it down for a bit because the roguelike elements in the game never made me feel like I was progressing to anything.

But that will change with this newest update. I'm really excited with this "Zombo" points system that acts like a permanent progression between playthroughs. Even if the progression is slow, I like the feeling that even bad runs are never total wastes of time.

PittaGAF

The number of secrets and puzzles in forma.8 is mind boggling.

I'm lose to complete it 100 percent and finally see the good ending.

What an amazing game.

PittaGAF

Just 100% forma.8 and got the real ending.

Absolutely GLORIOUS, awesome Metroidvania which gave me my sci-fi fix and the some.

Highly recommended.

HotHamBoy

Kingdom: New Lands is a really cool game held back by frustrating locomotion. The horse you ride already moves a little slow, but he constantly runs out of stamina so quickly that you feel like you're crawling. Movement from one area to the next becomes agonizing after awhile.

Apparently you can get different mounts with more stamina but that seems to be pretty far down the road and my patience for this stupid horse is thin.

What an awful design choice.

Oynox

Do we already have a NeoGAF group? Already wanted to make one l, but was not sure.

Just created one. If you guys give me your username I can add you.

Top Bottom