• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLEACH Brave Souls |OT| (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot)

Kakaroach

I pulled Tousen! So happy, he was my favorite character so it's awesome that I finally got him. I haven't played this game at all recently but I might come back now.

The match ran so long that I lost to timeout. Not even the freeze cheese is viable against these tanky Kenpachis.

WMEN7Py.png

This is the game we play.

Milr

After 4 deaths I finally beat this, I don't like the new Link system because of the grind but I'm glad they made this available single player
The grind is really turning me off this game, they're making it more difficult to play casually.

There was also something mentioned about fixing force closing, though that hasn't effected my device with PvP at least. If they fix that, between level 200 and new link levels, the barrier to entry will be insane for newer players trying to rank up for extreme co ops.

The grind is really turning me off this game, they're making it more difficult to play casually.

There was also something mentioned about fixing force closing, though that hasn't effected my device with PvP at least. If they fix that, between level 200 and new link levels, the barrier to entry will be insane for newer players trying to rank up for extreme co ops.

I agree, all the grinding they've introduced this past month is really disheartening. I really hope they rethink this link system, they are asking way too much for it.

I think the force closing was because of all the rooms that crashed (A LOT of mine crashed) during the last Extreme Co Op.

On the bright side of this update, the rewards are really good from the Inheritance Zone and the Raids/Fusion trials.

New Swimsuit characters announced
06uFTAg.png

Notable things

Nelliel (Heart) w/ high SP, Frenzy, and 14% CDR
Nemu (Power) w/ Medic Heal, 20% Stam Recover, and a cute toy shark
Riruka (Mind) w/ high Attack, Range, and 20% NAD

New Medal Exchange is Loly (Mind) w/ 65% Poison Resist

Rate up huh, something is telling me the pool will be filled with the god awful ancient swimsuit characters.

Right before whatever they are doing with the anniversary as well.

Nemu is another power medic huh

Will probably try for Nel, depending on how the end of the month rate up goes and whatever Japan gets for rate up.

I'll try, but honestly don't care enough about the grind to do so.

Don't care for new chars at all. Hopefully those aren't the new characters at the beginning of the month.
Tosen is blue so he'll need 80 extra blue droplets, good thing that blue raids are the easiest (Ichigo is up right now)
Rate up huh, something is telling me the pool will be filled with the god awful ancient swimsuit characters.

Right before whatever they are doing with the anniversary as well.

Nemu is another power medic huh

Will probably try for Nel, depending on how the end of the month rate up goes and whatever Japan gets for rate up.

Yeah most likely, I don't have any swimsuit characters so if I get the old ones they could at least be orbs.
3rd Power healer and we still don't have a canon Speed healer :(, her toy shark is so cute though
I'd take Riruka/Nel, they seem the best out of this and wow Riruka has higher attack than FH Ichigo o_o

chrono01

The new swimsuit characters look nice, but I know this is going to be the Christmas gatcha all over again, where I'd spend 3k+ orbs trying for one of the new characters only to receive the useless previous characters that I'll never use (aside from Kisuke who can be useful as a link, but even then I have a lot of crystal drop links now...).

I want to pull, but I'll probably pass. It smells like a trap banner to flush everyone's orbs before they release something really cool for the anniversary (maybe a step-up banner with an exclusive character?).

What's weird is that the banner is already on the English server (thanks to BaronMuchi on BBS Discord) so it makes me think that Yoruichi/Tensa Zangetsu/FH White might be pushed back to next month. They're also called "Vacation Summons" instead of "Swimsuit Summons", how odd.

Guess we'll find out for sure on tonight's KLAB Games Station

chrono01

What's weird is that the banner is already on the English server (thanks to BaronMuchi on BBS Discord) so it makes me think that Yoruichi/Tensa Zangetsu/FH White might be pushed back to next month.

Guess we'll find out for sure on tonight's KLAB Games Station
I'm guessing it'll run alongside the Yoruichi/Tensa/White Ichigo banner, as the previous Swimsuit one (and I believe, Christmas too?) was available while another banner was currently running.

It'll make it difficult for people to decide how to spend their orbs, though, especially if Klab releases a step-up banner for the anniversary. People will whale, but I won't be. I have horrible luck with this game when it comes to pulling who I want. I posted this before, but out of 8.5k orbs I've only received two banner characters and they were the ones I weren't particularly aiming for (Ikkaku and Uryu). No FB Ichigo//Speed Kenpachi for me. :/

I'm guessing it'll run alongside the Yoruichi/Tensa/White Ichigo banner, as the previous Swimsuit one (and I believe, Christmas too?) was available while another banner was currently running.

It'll make it difficult for people to decide how to spend their orbs, though, especially if Klab releases a step-up banner for the anniversary. People will whale, but I won't be. I have horrible luck with this game when it comes to pulling who I want. I posted this before, but out of 8.5k orbs I've only received two banner characters and they were the ones I weren't particularly aiming for (Ikkaku and Uryu). No FB Ichigo//Speed Kenpachi for me. :/

Apparently Swimsuit last year was right after Step Ups so these new characters are announced really soon. Christmas ended 6 days before the 2x but it replaced the mid-month because of Harribel/Szayel being new.

Yeah I've seen it, maybe you should try singles, I know there's no difference in the rates but they're doing well for me. I hope you get the character you want next time you summon!

I already got some iTunes gift cards in case they offer a ticket for these new characters :D

Me pulling on Step Ups depends on just how many filler characters I have and if it's full of Tag Team characters then I won't pull :(

chrono01

Apparently Swimsuit last year was right after Step Ups so these new characters are announced really soon. Christmas ended 6 days before the 2x but it replaced the mid-month because of Harribel/Szayel being new.

Yeah I've seen it, maybe you should try singles, I know there's no difference in the rates but they're doing well for me. I hope you get the character you want next time you summon!

I already got some iTunes gift cards in case they offer a ticket for these new characters :D

Me pulling on Step Ups depends on just how many filler characters I have and if it's full of Tag Team characters then I won't pull :(
Thanks man, I hope my luck will turn around soon as well.

I've tried a mix of single and multi, it doesn't seem to matter with me unfortunately. I am cursed.

The only reason I'm not super-excited to try for the Yoruichi/Tensa/Ichigo banner are those damn fillers! I have pretty much everyone there, I wish they'd mix them up a bit. At least the fillers with the swimsuit gatcha would be new for me (previous swimsuit characters), that'd give me orbs for max'ing them.

Thanks man, I hope my luck will turn around soon as well.

I've tried a mix of single and multi, it doesn't seem to matter with me unfortunately. I am cursed.

The only reason I'm not super-excited to try for the Yoruichi/Tensa/Ichigo banner are those damn fillers! I have pretty much everyone there, I wish they'd mix them up a bit. At least the fillers with the swimsuit gatcha would be new for me (previous swimsuit characters), that'd give me orbs for max'ing them.

Seriously, the last three 2x have had similar filler character pools, they could at least start putting in the Lost Agent characters from 5 months ago, Tag Team Rangiku has also yet to be featured and she's the best Tag Team unit

chrono01

Seriously, the last three 2x have had similar filler character pools, they could at least start putting in the Lost Agent characters from 5 months ago, Tag Team Rangiku has also yet to be featured and she's the best Tag Team unit
That's probably why she's never featured. :(

But hey, Attribute Summons for that glorious 3% drop-rate! ... :(

That's probably why she's never featured. :(

But hey, Attribute Summons for that glorious 3% drop-rate! ... :(

Yup, sucks that she was only featured in one Speed Attribute banner. Hopefully she ends up in the next 2x filler or in the next Speed Kenpachi trap gacha for people that want her.

They just confirmed on the KLAB Games Station that the new Vacation characters are coming tomorrow for Global, Yoruichi/Tensa/FH White pushed back to next month.

chrono01

Wow what the fuckity fuck. Which means if we have step ups, they will likely be thrown into that huge ass pool.
I guess they don't want us to have those meta units.

Ugh, in theory the step-up is great, but I just know it'll be filled with a bunch of repeat characters that we've had dozens of time diluting the pool.

Why hello there, Mayuri! Brought your good friend Saijin, did you?

Wow what the fuckity fuck. Which means if we have step ups, they will likely be thrown into that huge ass pool.

Was Step Ups last year at the end of next month? I think they specifically said that Yoruichi/Tensa/White were at the end of next month.

It'd suck if they were thrown into that huge pool but anything is better than the current filler pool they have already.

Was Step Ups last year at the end of next month? I think they specifically said that Yoruichi/Tensa/White were at the end of next month.

It'd suck if they were thrown into that huge pool but anything is better than the current filler pool they have already.

Yup it was July 31st last year. I don't pull that often so I only had two characters out of that pool, so it didn't really bother me. =/

chrono01

It's been confirmed. The swimsuit gatcha will have the banner Nel/Nemu/Riruka, as well as all of the previous swim characters. 2x rate, but with six returning (and let's be honest, useless when it comes to skills) swimsuit characters and three banner ones, the odds of you getting one of the good swimsuit pulls is definitely against you.

Of course I'll probably give in, since all three of the new swimsuit characters are absolutely insane (especially Riruka, and I want Nemu for that shark), but I know I'll hate myself after.

Uthred

Has step up being confirmed? I've a whopping 25 gems left after that GrIchigo disaster gacha so it probably doesnt matter to me either way ;)

Kakaroach

So this is the new batch of characters on global as well. I remember when I said a couple of months ago that I was interested in seeing where Klab went after tag teams. Last month's JP characters gave me hope but guess we're still waiting.

chrono01

2k orbs, two 5*, useless Retsu and Soi Fon.

With all of my other gatcha games, and the trend towards massive grinding in-game, I think I might just uninstall this from my phone and move on. No new characters to work on, I'm just tired of grinding orbs and getting nothing.

6% drop-rate? Sure thing, Klab.

Over 8k orbs, got every swimsuit but Nel. I should have stopped pulling but honestly I was just looking for a reason to stop playing. Been a good 2 years though, definitely enjoyed it.

chrono01

Over 8k orbs, got every swimsuit but Nel. I should have stopped pulling but honestly I was just looking for a reason to stop playing. Been a good 2 years though, definitely enjoyed it.
Welp. :(

Yeah, to be honest, the game has gotten pretty stale for me over the last while. Just tired of playing, but that probably has to do with getting none of the new characters to play with. Same old events, and the rehashing of past characters. Unless they really change things (and not just add more grind) with the anniversary, I'll definitely join you in moving on. I haven't really decided what to do as of this moment, but damn this game has me angered. Over 10k orbs spent, and only four banner characters (Ikkaku, Uryu, and the two new swimsuit characters). There's something wrong with that.

Sorry to hear about your pulls. :(

Mine almost turned out to be bad since I was at 1400 orbs with only Unohana to show for it then I got Riruka and Nel back to back. Ended up spending 1500 orbs for the 2 characters that I wanted the most, I'm so happy.
I already got them to lv 200

Kakaroach

Sorry about the unlucky summons friends. I'll never delete this game just because I love Bleach and it's still such a fun game to play even after all this time. I do take pretty long breaks tho, so maybe that's an option.

News from the Klab Game Station Episode 35

Brave Selection (3% for 5*) ft. Nanao/Riruka/Yammy on July 7th

Soul Selection (3%) ft. Shunsui/TLA Rukia/TLA Byakuya/TLA Renji/TT Rangiku on July 10th

Espada Boss Rush with Yammy/Stark/UtB Grimmjow/SE Ulquiorra/UtB Nnoitra on July 10th, rewards are 3/4* Power Hearts, an Editing Brush, and most importantly orbs for completing the missions

Once Upon a Time in the Sereitei: Guest Lecturer event with a new 4* Rose on July 9th, it has 6 chapters with 2 difficulty levels so that's 60 orbs from that alone

Next mid month for JP was announced and they are the Tres Bestias!

Apacci is Technique
Sung-Sun is Speed
Mila Rose is Power

They all have a variation of Ayon as their specials.

Oh yeah, Grimmjow is the next Frenzy Character too.

Kakaroach

Good for people who like those characters. I guess this is why they didn't just release them as 4 stars.

How has everyone's book farming gone? I managed to get 5 of every book this past weekend, but it took about 4 or 5 hours of hard farming.

Good for people who like those characters. I guess this is why they didn't just release them as 4 stars.

How has everyone's book farming gone? I managed to get 5 of every book this past weekend, but it took about 4 or 5 hours of hard farming.

I was doing one attribute a day to get 10 of each but then I got burned out by the time I got to Mind, I ended up using 4 of the green books so I have to farm those again.

Are you hosting rooms? The bonus occasionally gives a book and even a surprise book sometimes, I've only been hosting when i want to farm books.

An actual book drop would perfect this image

KLAB Game Station Episode 36

Healer Brave Selection ft. Retsu/Tsukishima/Isane starting tonight

13th Squad Summons: Resourceful Leaders ft. Mind Retsu/Heart Gin/Mind Jushiro starting July 16

Pantera Frenzy with Grimmjow planned for July 14

New login bonuses with Birthday Medals starting July 15 with Ichigo (you get 3 for him) which you can apparently exchange for special Birthday 5* tickets

Sereitei Alternate Tales: Warning of the Twin Fishes event with a new 4* Ashisogi Jizo planned for July 16

Soul Reaper Army (The Past) Awakened planned for July 16, complete orders to get Accessory Tickets including a 4/5* Accessory Ticket

Inheritance Zones coming back starting July 17 with 1 attribute a day and 2-3 attributes on the weekend, ends on July 24

Operation Fundraising Woman's Soul Reaper Association Sub Story planned for July 19

Not much news this episode because they're announcing stuff on the Bankai lifestream on July 22 5:00 am PDT.

Mind Attribute Summons ft. Rose/Ginjo/Byakuya starts tonight

The new update changes the icon of the app to Fully Hollowfied Ichigo with his mask broken. Allows co op guests to also receive the Surprise bonus. Power Up items such as Crystals/Jewels max amount increased from 9.999 to 999,999. Added options to remove graphics from gameplay to reduce strain on devices

There's a 5* Tutorial Summon ticket given to everyone with a pool of
Mind Aizen
Tech Retsu
Heart Byakuya
Power Kenpachi
Bankai Ichigo
Power Komamura
Speed Soi Fon
Power Yamamoto
Speed Yoruichi
Captain Tosen
Tech Mayuri
Unreleased Ulquiorra

I got Soi Fon and she's new so I guess that's alright.

Milr

I got Soi Fon as well, I'll take the 50 orbs. Step ups have been leaked with the new Ichigo who is Speed with 729 SP and Frenzy. Apparently there are 7 (!!) steps with a max of a 6% chance at a 5*.. featured units are new Ichi, Fullbring Ichi, and Mind Grimmjow. Fingers crossed for no fillers, or this will be a trap lol.

Stream tomorrow will be interesting.

Kakaroach

I got Soi Fon too haha. I'll take the free 125 orbs.

Super stoked for stream tomorrow. I'm hoping step up summons, but I'll be really interested to see what Japan gets. I might not even summon on step ups if something crazy is coming.

chrono01

It's hard for me to get excited for the anniversary banner since I'll likely not get anything out of it, just like the last three banners I pulled for a total of 10k+ orbs. I said I'd give it until the anniversary to see if my luck changes and I will, but if I don't get anything here I'm seriously considering just leaving. I know I said this before, but I'm not sure my heart could take a fourth banner/summoning session without any character I like. It's too damn depressing. :/

I guess we'll see how the banner goes. Apparently there's some weird thing where, for a single time per player, you can choose an attribute and get a choice of five random characters to choose from. Granted it's possible to get five dupes of characters you already own (this will probably be me), or dupes and useless characters in the list, but at least it's some way of possibly narrowing something down to a character you want. As for the Anniversary Ichigo, it'd be nice if he was guaranteed after a certain amount of multi-pulls (since he's a special unit), but who am I kidding? This is Klab, they're going to want people to spend spend SPEND to get him. I'm just worried how diluted the step-up pool will be.

Best of luck to us regardless.

Wow, I also got Soi Fon on JP as well. Hilarious that you two got her as well.

The Step Up banner looks interesting, the max percent being 6% makes me think that there will be no fillers. Honestly I hope that's the case since I'd only be 1/3.

We're gonna have to watch the live stream for clarification.

I'll probably choose Technique for the present box thing for a chance to get Riruka or White Ichigo.

chrono01

Apparently, the step-up gatcha will give you a guaranteed 5* at Step 6 (not sure whether this applies to banner-only or if fillers are included, I'm guessing it'll be the latter). As for the costs? Apparently we're receiving a free single/multi-pull per day for the anniversary, and it'll only cost 1150 orbs to reach the Step 6 (for the guaranteed 5*). You can go onto Step 7, for the free Hogyoku and 3x Power Hearts if you want, but the rate will only be double which means it'll be a 6% chance. Might be worth stopping at Step 6 and doing that for a few days, since it resets each day, rather than go for Step 7 (if you have the orbs to do so, that is). Unless the rates creep up to 6% over the banner and at Step 7 it's actually 12%, in which case...yeah, definitely go for that.

I guess we'll find out all of the details soon enough.

Edit:

So the filler pool has been announced for Japan (their in-game news), but should be the same for us aside from Power Yoruichi (since we don't have her yet).

- Yoruichi (Power) (Probably replaced by Power Nnoitora for Global)
- Rukia (Power)
- Renji (Mind)
- Toshiro (Heart)
- Kenpachi (Speed)
- Byakuya (Mind)
- Uryu (Power)
- Riruka (Tech)
- Ichigo (Speed)

Oh man, that's a nice selection. Aside form Dangai Ichigo and Uryu these are all new, and recent characters. Great stuff!

I probably still won't get anything of worth, but nice to see the ones included.

Another edit:

Well, the rates for the gacha have been released, and...they're not good. :/

Step 1 - 3%
Step 2 - 3%
Step 3 - 3%
Step 4 - 6%
Step 5 - 6%
Step 6 - 6%

They didn't mention Step 7, so I'm guessing when they say "double chance" it might bring it up to 12%, which is pretty substantial, but even still.

I guess I'll try to do a full multi-pull on each of the banners, but nothing beyond that. Steps 1-3 are trash though, especially when you consider the number of characters in the pool. You'd be better waiting for attribute summons to get a better chance at the character you're after, but no Anniversary Ichigo (who will likely only be available here). :/

They're probably justifying those rates by the lower number of characters and rewards, that kind of sucks. I have 6 of the potential fillers :(

Well, if that new Ichigo comes in other gachas then I don't have to go all out.

Edit: More tag teams, I don't know how to feel about this...

Milr

This is disappointing, the name step ups is incredibly misleading.. it's a fairly large pool when you consider half the steps have a 3% chance and at the end all they're giving is a standard 6% rate (unless by some miracle they up it to 12% which seems unlikely given that it's unlimited)?

It's a second anniversary gacha and a standard end of month gacha seems better. Don't know how to feel about this.

Klab is spot on with QoL updates, but that can only take them so far at this point...

Kakaroach

Hmmm more tag team summons is the last thing I wanted to see. That plus a lame step up summons means I won't be spending my orbs anytime soon.

Also, MANGA CHARACTERS CONFIRMED. This is what I've been waiting for, so I'm gonna be saving up orbs like crazy for a while.

Top Bottom