• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Nelo Ice

Banned
Should we make a new thread? Amazon Labor Day Sale is up, starting with some 2K games.

Highlights are WTF Pack (DNF, The Darkness 2, Borderlands GOTY) and Desert to Sea Pack (Bioshock 1 & 2, Spec Ops: The Line), $20 each. For old-school games, there's X-COM collection for $3.75.

Edit: All packs are redeemable on Steam. Oh, and by itself, The Darkness 2 is $10.

I'll go ahead and make a new thread if anyone hasn't already.

No, they do not. You're probably thinking of bundled games but if you already own the game and try to register the same game again it won't void the used code.

Yes it does. Typically you will get a second entry in your account history that says retail. I have heard that on some occasions it will warn you though, but that seems to be the exception and not the rule.

Glass Rebel

Yes it does. Typically you will get a second entry in your account history that says retail. I have heard that on some occasions it will warn you though, but that seems to be the exception and not the rule.

After doing some extensive research on this there was exactly one (1) case where someone added a second Killing Floor. Apparently this is what happens when you activate a product that includes more than the original license, in Killing Floor's case it probably had to do with the retail version including the (free) Heavy Metal DLC from the beginning. Weird situation that was probably overlooked. But contrary to your claim, people have received warnings about owning the game already in most cases and if you still have your key you can revoke it by contacting Steam Support anyway.

After doing some extensive research on this there was exactly one (1) case where someone added a second Killing Floor. Apparently this is what happens when you activate a product that includes more than the original license, in Killing Floor's case it probably had to do with the retail version including the (free) Heavy Metal DLC from the beginning. Weird situation that was probably overlooked. But contrary to your claim, people have received warnings about owning the game already in most cases and if you still have your key you can revoke it by contacting Steam Support anyway.

I think your research is bogus.

Conflicting reports in those as well, and the steam forums aren't exactly the best place for non bias info.

Like I said it could be a relatively recent fix, but as recently as a year ago it would typically just eat the key. People were even reporting it in the Steam thread here on Neogaf, I believe it was exodus that had a copy of dungeon siege 3 voided right around launch and never got compensated.

Glass Rebel

Couldn't find that post with googling but if you say so. We've had several people (me included) in the Steam thread trying to redeem games or DLC twice without voiding the key. Dungeon Siege 3 would actually support my theory with the slightly different licenses since the Steam version included Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 as well.

Gvaz

Banned
Max Payne is not really a game you play multiple times (except maybe MP1/2 and I hear MP3 doesn't even play nice on my system atm anyways) so I'm gonna have to pass at that price.

That is otherwise a good deal though.

This bundle was just emailed to me. What a steal!

x2Df4.png

Top Bottom