• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jersey Shore season 5 - Jersdays at 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Seasons 1-3 of JS were amazing. 4 was terrible, and 5 isn't much better.

I barely watch it now.

Maybe they should bring Angelina back?

I watch every week. I have a "date" to do so.

The show's novelty has clearly worn off. Not not entertaining, but not the freak show it once was.

A big part of the initial appeal (even tongue-in-cheek appeal) was how these were "normal" everyday people being idiots. Now that they're all pseudo celebrities and modestly wealthy and whatnot, it's just not the same show.

Edit: Ah, I do have something: Pauly is a dick for treating that stalker girl like he did. He's too old to be acting like that. Just tell her you're not interested, dickhead. I thought you were like 30, not 17.

shuri

Banned
I fastforwarded last week's episode earlier this week; it was very lame, you can see that the entire crew has completely outgrown the show and they are just bidding their time for the paychecks.

mcrae

I watch every week. I have a "date" to do so.

The show's novelty has clearly worn off. Not not entertaining, but not the freak show it once was.

A big part of the initial appeal (even tongue-in-cheek appeal) was how these were "normal" everyday people being idiots. Now that they're all pseudo celebrities and modestly wealthy and whatnot, it's just not the same show.

Edit: Ah, I do have something: Pauly is a dick for treating that stalker girl like he did. He's too old to be acting like that. Just tell her you're not interested, dickhead. I thought you were like 30, not 17.

hes 31 i believe. but what really did he say that was that rude? the stalker girl is really creepy, and really stalkerish. even if the producers painted her in a worse light than was the truth, she was wearing a t-shirt-time shirt and a pauly-D hat

the appeal of the first jersey shore to me were how real these people are. their culture is interesting/funny. their shenanigans are funny to witness. everyone was really pumped about spending time on the jersey shore and it was fun witnessing the group dynamics grow and evolve as they got to know each other. by the season's end, you felt like you had been a member of the house. the entire experience was really authentic, funny, disgusting, and memorable.

the next couple seasons were ok, but the sam and rahn drama was awful and the show became more and more formulaic and tedious with each subsequent season. I quit watching midway through italy and I haven't watched a single episode of this season. judging by this thread, I am not missing much.

they really should've found a new cast... or put this group somewhere completely out of their element.

hes 31 i believe. but what really did he say that was that rude? the stalker girl is really creepy, and really stalkerish. even if the producers painted her in a worse light than was the truth, she was wearing a t-shirt-time shirt and a pauly-D hat

When they first noticed her on the boardwalk he could have went up to her, kissed her cheek or something, and told her he wasn't interested. Like an adult. How he eventually just ditched her in mid-conversation after Vinny's little stunt was ... like I said, I acted like that when I was 15 and 16. You're not pulling that move at 30+ when you're a fucking celebrity on top of it. C'mon now. I mean, whatever. I was just disappointed with him.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
yea this show is a wrap for me.. I am not interested any more.. new cast time.. but even then its gonna be like real world in the latter years.

They need a whole new idea and in a very different place . maybe amish

IceCold

When they first noticed her on the boardwalk he could have went up to her, kissed her cheek or something, and told her he wasn't interested. Like an adult. How he eventually just ditched her in mid-conversation after Vinny's little stunt was ... like I said, I acted like that when I was 15 and 16. You're not pulling that move at 30+ when you're a fucking celebrity on top of it. C'mon now. I mean, whatever. I was just disappointed with him.

For all we know, the producers of the show paid her to stalk them.

For all we know, the producers of the show paid her to stalk them.

Exactly, because let's face it, at this point they have 24/7 security around them and only "select people" get to walk by them or go inside the bars and clubs they are at. Nothing happens that is unstaged now. Just look at any background scene of them walking somewhere and you can see hundreds of people trying to take pictures, but being held off by security.

Kccitystar

Exactly, because let's face it, at this point they have 24/7 security around them and only "select people" get to walk by them or go inside the bars and clubs they are at. Nothing happens that is unstaged now. Just look at any background scene of them walking somewhere and you can see hundreds of people trying to take pictures, but being held off by security.

I'm still thinking that the show would have been better off with all of them trying to live together and cope with their newfound celebrity than to pretend they're still small fish in a big ocean. MTV has been keeping them in a bubble.

I'm still thinking that the show would have been better off with all of them trying to live together and cope with their newfound celebrity than to pretend they're still small fish in a big ocean. MTV has been keeping them in a bubble.

yeah, it's stupid pretending they aren't big celebrities now. instead, mtv wants to recreate the first season every 3 months.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Was just watching an episode on MTV.ca, it froze, skipped to the next part, did this about twice. Somewhere along the way afterwards, I subconsciously closed the tab. Says a lot about the season even though I thought the first two episodes were some of the best.

The formula isn't working anymore. With nothing to add or up the ante, it's all turned into grey static.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Yeah, this season is incredibly meh. It's basically all filler until Mike puts his scheme into action.

Mtv should just pull a Power Rangers and have all the roommates pass on their powers of drama and sluttyness to a new cast and start over. Maybe with Snookie as some sort of wise sage-like cameo character that guide them on their way.

mcrae

holy shit, roger fucking nailed that guy with the punch at the start of the episode. the guy looks like 6'4, 250, 35 years old... you dont hit that kinda person when you're some 5'10 200lb guy

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
holy shit, roger fucking nailed that guy with the punch at the start of the episode. the guy looks like 6'4, 250, 35 years old... you dont hit that kinda person when you're some 5'10 200lb guy

I like the part where since he's affiliated with the housemates, he didn't get kicked out of the club with the guy that started the mess.

IceCold

I like the part where since he's affiliated with the housemates, he didn't get kicked out of the club with the guy that started the mess.

Why would he? The other guy started it, and besides, the "fight" was over quick. One punch, done.

Does Roger get paid to be on the show now, or is he just one of those other guys who has to sign a form to be filmed or whatever and just does it because he's Jenni's boyfriend?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Why would he? The other guy started it, and besides, the "fight" was over quick. One punch, done.

I know it was more of a scuffle than a fight, but didn't Roger throw one back?

Does Roger get paid to be on the show now, or is he just one of those other guys who has to sign a form to be filmed or whatever and just does it because he's Jenni's boyfriend?
Man, i doubt it. You'd think so though with all the time he spent on camera last time. I bet he just wanted to get some face time on tv.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Wow, I loved this show the past few seasons, but I've missed every episode past the first in this season and totally forgot about it. Anything noteworthy happen?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
God no, up to episode 8 and literally nothing has happened. Besides Snookie squatting down and pissing on their back porch and getting some STD.

Sean

Banned
Wow, I loved this show the past few seasons, but I've missed every episode past the first in this season and totally forgot about it. Anything noteworthy happen?

After living together for years, the cast all like each other by this point, so there's barely any drama inside the house anymore. And when they're outdoors they've got like 50 security guards and whatnot, so nothing really happens out there either.

mernst23

So, fakest moment of the entire series with that random girl who walks up to the guy who was being a douche to deena and puts his hands around him as she's leaving the bar. Really? I'm glad this POS will be done in 2 more episodes. Pauly D is the most entertaining in the house but that extended trailer they showed for his show looked terribad. Combine that with the other spinoff already being dead in the water and this show is dead until MTV tries to revive it 3-4 years from now with a new cast.

.GqueB.

Banned

Definitely agreed. It's another case of television studios treating their viewers like idiots. Mike makes a lot of money. EVERYONE knows this. But I'm supposed to believe that he cares about this little piece of shit job that keeps him in this piece of shit house. It's hard to watch because the motivations make no sense.

At least thats what I experienced when I watched randomly a few weeks ago. It was the ep where Mike just left the house and everyone got all pissy. Not sure if it was this season.

Goron2000

best junior ever
Anyone else noticed that the people who are not getting their own show are getting a lot less screen time? Seems like the last 3 seasons were about Sammy and Ron fighting and now it's like they don't exist or are made out to be boring. lol at the unit being "drunk", i know those eyes that aint from jello shots.

ivysaur12

Banned
Yeah, this season is incredibly meh. It's basically all filler until Mike puts his scheme into action.

Mtv should just pull a Power Rangers and have all the roommates pass on their powers of drama and sluttyness to a new cast and start over. Maybe with Snookie as some sort of wise sage-like cameo character that guide them on their way.

That is the best idea I've heard. Probably because of how unreal you described it.

even the cast seems bored

mike is so desperate to stir up some kind of drama

"lets hide the smush room bed!" "hahaha what a hilarious prank im gonna get u for that"

edit: mike tipping the delivery guy a protein shake was pretty funny though

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

It sucks, but I honestly think the show has run its course.

Kozak

Banned
So, fakest moment of the entire series with that random girl who walks up to the guy who was being a douche to deena and puts his hands around him as she's leaving the bar. Really? I'm glad this POS will be done in 2 more episodes. Pauly D is the most entertaining in the house but that extended trailer they showed for his show looked terribad. Combine that with the other spinoff already being dead in the water and this show is dead until MTV tries to revive it 3-4 years from now with a new cast.

The guy was being a douche to Deena? Theres no way that the guy was being a douche to Deena lol. Deena asked the guy if he was just in it for the sex, the guy said no COUNTLESS TIMES and she kept going on. Fuck that.

Seriously. That punch looked vicious.

Mike tipping the delivery boy with a protein drink (and the kid's reaction) was hilarious.

mcrae

Seriously. That punch looked vicious.

Mike tipping the delivery boy with a protein drink (and the kid's reaction) was hilarious.

yeah, i thoguht the kid was going to throw it over his shoulder or drop in on the ground or something, lol weird that non of them had any cash... i guess they get free drinks+taxi service or something

I dunno, I guess a protein shake wouldn't be a horrible tip if you're a gym rat or whatever, but I guess that kid wasn't. I'm not saying that it was anything close to a good tip, but it's not the worst thing that could have happened.

oatmeal

Banned
I dunno, I guess a protein shake wouldn't be a horrible tip if you're a gym rat or whatever, but I guess that kid wasn't. I'm not saying that it was anything close to a good tip, but it's not the worst thing that could have happened.

It actually is a great tip.

He gets to say "I'm the kid on Jersey Shore!" And then sell the pack on eBay.

GAF, I need your help: I'm interviewing Ronnie in two days and I'm the kind of person who'd sooner eat his own shoe than watch a show like Jersey Shore.

WHAT DO I ASK HIM?

NJ Shlice

GAF, I need your help: I'm interviewing Ronnie in two days and I'm the kind of person who'd sooner eat his own shoe than watch a show like Jersey Shore.

WHAT DO I ASK HIM?

Ask him if it bothers him that he gets no screen time this season because him and Sam are getting along.

Tritroid

Ask him if it bothers him that he gets no screen time this season because him and Sam are getting along.
Yeah, are they even still together? It's so weird how they won't even TOUCH Sam and Ronnie because the audience got so sick of them...now they act like they're barely part of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom