• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War: Ascension (PS3, Series Prequel) - Live stream 8AM PST 4/30

I'm sorry, but I'm seriously sick of Kratos. In the original God of War, I thought he was a great character. By the time 3 concluded, I was just sick of the whole thing. I was really hoping GoW4 would give us a much different setting and a new protagonist. The setting thing is still very possible but, it's still Kratos. And he's still going to be hell bent on revenge and killing everything in sight without mercy.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Thank you God
of War

izd2kjgLW214i.gif

fuck yes and for the PS3

spoilers: kratos gets mad at a god for something that's kratos's own fault. then kratos places his trust in another god who eventually screws over kratos, and kratos is shocked. at one point kratos loses his powers.

Think this has anything to do with the "Will vengeance bring redemption?" announcement tomorrow?

Still holding out for a Heavenly Sword sequel

Alrus

Well, he IS the god of war...

He wasn't in the first game... It's not like there isn't any other violent mythology they could explore.

I don't really see what's left to tell about Kratos is all, plus I'm a bit tired of the character.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Not another fucking prequel, I'll pull my pubes out.

offshore

it's a fucking god of war game...
So what? It was SSM themselves who used to keep banging on about the importance of a good story and good script. GoWI was much more engrossing because the story and script was good. II and III were just bad. Doesn't matter how good the combat is.

alright...

i wonder if it will maintain /surpass the visual standard GOW3 set for the series

they have to move out of the usual tropes of the inferno; time to go crazy with it like jaffes original GOW3 ending

Patapwn

Going by the boxart, it looks like his chains (BoC) are disseminating. Goes hand in hand with the whole ascension/redemption theme.

Ichabod

Banned
I wish this series would shake things up and go for a modern era twist like what was hinted at in that secret trailer in GoW1.

Top Bottom