• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryo Hazuki incoming for Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed?

Skyzard

Banned
Oh man, awesome gif, looks so good in-game. Can't wait to see all the transformations and the plane.

I really hope this comes to all the platforms, but what an awesome choice anyway.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
xeaykx.gif

Are the Miku games even sold outside of Japan? I honestly have no idea. As far as I know Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed hasn't even been localized for Japan, so putting Miku in will be meaningless for western audiences.

Also, hasn't been rumored that Shenmue will be getting a release on PC? In the same way that Jet Set and a few other Sega DC classics have?

She's so big that Toyota made a commercial starring her. No, not the Japanese branch of Toyota, TOYOTA USA.

(I have no idea why Toyota USA thought Miku would be a good spokesperson for the Corolla or if her presence in a commercial is actually representative of her North American popularity but the mere fact that this exists has to mean something, right?)

Videoneon

I appreciate Sumo revealing this. It was time to put an end to the fan salivating and frustration (not totally unwarranted,) and this is a good present.

Unless they go PC only. That will be an extreme misfire.

EDarkness

I appreciate Sumo revealing this. It was time to put an end to the fan salivating and frustration (not totally unwarranted,) and this is a good present.

Unless they go PC only. That will be an extreme misfire.

Have they done anything with the console versions? I haven't noticed any updates in a long, long time.

Zia

So it's totally Sega Europe's doing, but it's pretty fucking weird that not only is Sega the first large Japanese company to get PC gaming, but one of their "platform" games is a Sonic the Hedgehog kart racer.

Videoneon

Licensing fees, smaller number of active players, QA and cert time/money.

So two reasons that apply to most any character (which of course, isn't insignificant and becomes more noticeable the more they are produced), and the second brought on by the mishandling of the DLC situation on consoles itself, compared to the consistent PC updates. I mean, is continuous DLC a good idea, or not. And I want to emphasize that the question was why keeping Ryo PC only is desirable or understandable.

Sega goofed.

Do not misunderstand though, I thank Sumo for making Ryo.

Berordn

So two reasons that apply to most any character (which of course, isn't insignificant and becomes more noticeable the more they are produced), and the second brought on by the mishandling of the DLC situation on consoles itself, compared to the consistent PC updates. I mean, is continuous DLC a good idea, or not.

Sega goofed.

Do not misunderstand though, I thank Sumo for making Ryo.

Two of the characters weren't even DLC, they were just included as free updates to the game. It's just not something that they could do on consoles last gen thanks to the patch/cert process. It's only understandable because supporting a console game this late into its life is utterly unheard of because of those practices.

EDarkness

Two of the characters weren't even DLC, they were just included as free updates to the game. It's just not something that they could do on consoles last gen thanks to the patch/cert process. It's only understandable because supporting a console game this late into its life is utterly unheard of because of those practices.

It's not like the Wii U is going anywhere anytime soon. And my understanding is that Nintendo's process for patches and such is fairly easy and quick. So they could do it if they wanted to without too much trouble. This would keep people playing the game as they would be getting updates and new characters. It just seems strange to have voting by all gamers for new characters only to keep them on the PC version. Why did folks even participate in that poll if they weren't going to be getting the new characters at all? Seems like they really screwed this one up.

Berordn

It's not like the Wii U is going anywhere anytime soon. And my understanding is that Nintendo's process for patches and such is fairly easy and quick. So they could do it if they wanted to without too much trouble. This would keep people playing the game as they would be getting updates and new characters. It just seems strange to have voting by all gamers for new characters only to keep them on the PC version. Why did folks even participate in that poll if they weren't going to be getting the new characters at all? Seems like they really screwed this one up.

It took over a week for a fix to a gamebreaking bug to go through Nintendo's cert. It's probably a lot of trouble for a small number of active players.

TheOGB

Banned
Oh man, that's aweso--

wait, what am I doing in here? What are we happy about? The OP is empty, what's going on?

EDarkness

It took over a week for a fix to a gamebreaking bug to go through Nintendo's cert. It's probably a lot of trouble for a small number of active players.

We don't know why it took that long. From my understanding (dealing with them myself) the process is short. However, this game was extremely active earlier this year and the process was still in it's infancy, so that doesn't mean it's not better now. The CoD guys are updating Ghost fairly regularly on the Wii U with patches and such, so it can't be that bad nowadays.

decaf

Are the Miku games even sold outside of Japan? I honestly have no idea. As far as I know Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed hasn't even been localized for Japan, so putting Miku in will be meaningless for western audiences.
Less obscure than Zombio and Zombiko from The House of the Dead EX, an arcade game exclusively in Japan. They were in the original, which never even came out in Japan.

Firecrest

Ryo was so invested in the arcade that he didn't realize he was actually racing in a bizarro world against a cast of colorful characters the entire time.

Also, Sumo for Shen3? Shenmue: Nuts & Bolts?

Top Bottom