• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden (Vita) -- E3 2012 Trailer

kadotsu

Banned
Random question. Can you turn off the voices completely? P3P had the option. I was not able to find a good screenshot of the jp version's menu (P4G that is).

This might be cringe-worthy but it's a little 10 minute nod to Persona 4 from one of IGN's features. AtlusAram is there :) WARNING: Volume is loud.

Random question. Can you turn off the voices completely? P3P had the option. I was not able to find a good screenshot of the jp version's menu (P4G that is).

I'm not sure if that feature is in :/ I do know that you can re-listen and re-read a certain amount of stored dialogue/audio.

There are some Persona 4 Golden unboxing vids on youtube that take a look at the game's config menu, you might find something kadotsu.

Thoraxes

I asked my friend with the game, he says it's one of the first options under the config menu as "セリフ音声".

kadotsu

Banned
I asked my friend with the game, he says it's one of the first options under the config menu as "セリフ音声".

c2b8259d6e94a50fa8899uzpuf.jpg

Li Kao

I did not follow the Vita port of P4 too thorougly. Having a Vita, loving the serie, never having played P4, Golden seemed like a no-brainer, but...
Can anyone confirms a nagging fear I have had for quite some time : there will be anime cutscenes here, good, there will be gorgeous anime cutscenes, fantastic, but... are these cutscenes dubbed and not subbed (like in the P1 PSP remake and P3 FES, the episodes I played) ?

Reading english is no problem for me, but English dubb + My hears = warzone.
I'm pretty sure it will as usual be dubbed only, but well, one can only hope ;~;

cjkeats

I did not follow the Vita port of P4 too thorougly. Having a Vita, loving the serie, never having played P4, Golden seemed like a no-brainer, but...
Can anyone confirms a nagging fear I have had for quite some time : there will be anime cutscenes here, good, there will be gorgeous anime cutscenes, fantastic, but... are these cutscenes dubbed and not subbed (like in the P1 PSP remake and P3 FES, the episodes I played) ?

Reading english is no problem for me, but English dubb + My hears = warzone.
I'm pretty sure it will as usual be dubbed only, but well, one can only hope ;~;

I don't know about the new stuff, but I don't remember a whole lot of talking in the animated cut scenes in P4. Lot of "Ah!"'s and "Oh!"s.

LuchaShaq

Banned
People that dislike the great American dubs still fans of the Japanese voice acting from the anime that makes them all sound 7-10 years old?

Trigger

I don't know about the new stuff, but I don't remember a whole lot of talking in the animated cut scenes in P4. Lot of "Ah!"'s and "Oh!"s.

There are several. Spoilers obviously

I recall dub in the scene when human Teddie appears and also before the final boss.

tokkun

I can understand wanting to completely disable voices in games. I find that I don't like clipping off the voice segments so I end up listening all the way through, which greatly slows down the pacing of the dialog compared to text-only.

However in terms of quality, the English dubs for both P3 and P4 were excellent, and in the case of P3, clearly far superior to the Japanese track.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I can't speak for the quality of the JP VA in either Persona games, given that I haven't heard them, but the dubs for P3 and P4 were quite bad in both voice-acting quality and writing.

honorifics in "english translations" lol

Taruranto

I can't speak for the quality of the JP VA in either Persona games, given that I haven't heard them, but the dubs for P3 and P4 were quite bad in both voice-acting quality and writing.

honorifics in "english translations" lol

Don't cha like the Yukatan?

35P1S.gif

Trigger

So whats new in The Golden compared to the original release?

-Two new Social Links. Both Social Links can unlock new contents on story, such as new dungeon and additional scenes for all ending types (Bad/Good/True)
-New Difficulty levels, similar to Persona 3 Portable. On New Game+, player can change and even customize the difficulty levels on config menu.
-Additional voice over dialog.
-Chie and Teddie have new voices in the English versions .
-New animated cutscenes.
-More Personas, including new Ultimate Personas for the Investigation Team.
-New areas, such as a beach and a ski resort. Okina City, which was only seen during certain Social Link scenes, is now accessible.
-New events, such as a Halloween event and a skiing trip.
-Player can explore Inaba on evening time, with few limitation places (similar to Persona 3)
-Yu and his friends now have motorbikes to get around various areas.
-Tag team attacks.
-A quiz show mini-game.
-Certain equipment and accessories changes your party member's appearance, much like in Persona 3 FES and Persona 3 Portable. This equipment goes in a different slot and does not affect the party's stats.
-New Garden and Bug Catching features.
-Trophy/achievements
-The ability to choose which skills can be inherited by the persona you are fusing.
-The ability to call for help via Wi-Fi when your party reaches critical status.
-Clips from the Persona Music Live of 2008 and 2009 can be watched.
-An option to replay animated cutscenes.
-The addition of an in-game music player.
-New scene skipping function for those who played the PS2 version that just want to explore new features.
-If player fulfills criteria for at least good ending, daily activities are expanded, giving more time for events and social links.
-New epilogue for the True Ending.
-Some minor gameplay changes
-Some shadows/enemies have changed their attribute (weakness/strength/null) or area spawn
-New types of Shuffle Time!
-Changes for NPC's or Fox's requests, etc.
-Rebalanced characters

injurai

Banned
-Two new Social Links. Both Social Links can unlock new contents on story, such as new dungeon and additional scenes for all ending types (Bad/Good/True)
-New Difficulty levels, similar to Persona 3 Portable. On New Game+, player can change and even customize the difficulty levels on config menu.
-Additional voice over dialog.
-Chie and Teddie have new voices in the English versions .
-New animated cutscenes.
-More Personas, including new Ultimate Personas for the Investigation Team.
-New areas, such as a beach and a ski resort. Okina City, which was only seen during certain Social Link scenes, is now accessible.
-New events, such as a Halloween event and a skiing trip.
-Player can explore Inaba on evening time, with few limitation places (similar to Persona 3)
-Yu and his friends now have motorbikes to get around various areas.
-Tag team attacks.
-A quiz show mini-game.
-Certain equipment and accessories changes your party member's appearance, much like in Persona 3 FES and Persona 3 Portable. This equipment goes in a different slot and does not affect the party's stats.
-New Garden and Bug Catching features.
-Trophy/achievements
-The ability to choose which skills can be inherited by the persona you are fusing.
-The ability to call for help via Wi-Fi when your party reaches critical status.
-Clips from the Persona Music Live of 2008 and 2009 can be watched.
-An option to replay animated cutscenes.
-The addition of an in-game music player.
-New scene skipping function for those who played the PS2 version that just want to explore new features.
-If player fulfills criteria for at least good ending, daily activities are expanded, giving more time for events and social links.
-New epilogue for the True Ending.
-Some minor gameplay changes
-Some shadows/enemies have changed their attribute (weakness/strength/null) or area spawn
-New types of Shuffle Time!
-Changes for NPC's or Fox's requests, etc.
-Rebalanced characters

ooh maah gaah... Sounds like this may be the system seller for me.

Bladenic

Yeah Naoto got a much needed boost though they may have gone overboard. She sounds borderline broken now. Kanji got boosted too so he's much more viable compared to Chie.

I can understand wanting to completely disable voices in games. I find that I don't like clipping off the voice segments so I end up listening all the way through, which greatly slows down the pacing of the dialog compared to text-only.

However in terms of quality, the English dubs for both P3 and P4 were excellent, and in the case of P3, clearly far superior to the Japanese track.

I doubt the english dub for Persona 4 is superior to the VA's for Persona 4, they all sounded pretty amazing in the anime.

mjc

Still trying to decide if I should play the PS2 version or wait for the Vita one. I pretty much bought a Vita to play this...so I think I might wait. It'll be the exact same game but with more content, right?

Trigger

Still trying to decide if I should play the PS2 version or wait for the Vita one. I pretty much bought a Vita to play this...so I think I might wait. It'll be the exact same game but with more content, right?

Yeah, stick with this version. Trophies, more content, etc. It's a better deal than tracking down the PS2 copy.

Raxious

There's still no EU releasedate for this? PlayAsia, here I come.

unfortunately no, and according to the guy that was at the IGN interview, no progress has been made in finding a 3rd party to release the game in Europe. However they still believe that once the game starts selling good in the US, a EU version will probably be released soon as well. Though I'm thinking that by the time they release a EU version we're already in 2013, so I'll be waiting untill the beginning of October, if there's still no news regarding a posible EU release, I'll just import the NA version.

Top Bottom