• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

I like the new COD, though am shit at it. Will this game be my cup of tea? Thanks

Hard to say--this game doesn't have much in common with COD outside the short TTK. In COD, lives are disposable and in Siege, it's the complete opposite. REALLY changes the way you play. Not just in terms of not wanting to let your team down, but also not wanting to wait 5-7 mins if you die early :p

Gaz_RB

Maybe the beta test really was a beta test. Glad to hear servers are doing well, but the game hasn't officially released yet, so we'll see if it continues. I think that beta test was a good move, though. Have all the server issues before the game actually releases,

One thing Ubisoft should have gone was or is bring back Ding Chavez and John Clark as operators.

I would be so happy if I could play as good ole Ding.

His Operator name could be "Flash" and he could come with infinite flash grenades,

Maybe the beta test really was a beta test.

That's a problem in today's market, where the average console consumer expects a representative demonstration from the beta experience though. Ubisofts game and beta can't exist in a vacuum, so they can't ignore that expectation if they want to preserve the reputation of their games.

I feel like if you want to actually test stuff, you have to call it a closed technical alpha nowadays, or some shit for people to take it seriously. With that said, many of Siege's beta issues absolutely didn't need to be tested on 'open beta' scale.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
This game showed up on My Games and Apps list yesterday and I'm sure I didn't pre order it. Checked my MS account purchase history and it wasn't there. 12AM (UK) it suddenly popped up as "Ready", I thought this has to be the Beta but it was the full game.

Talked to MS about it and they checked and double checked, no purchase was made from my account. They said go ahead and play it, you won't be charged.

1000.gif

Jarrod38

This game showed up on My Games and Apps list yesterday and I'm sure I didn't pre order it. Checked my MS account purchase history and it wasn't there. 12AM (UK) it suddenly popped up as "Ready", I thought this has to be the Beta but it was the full game.

Talked to MS about it and they checked and double checked, no purchase was made from my account. They said go ahead and play it, you won't be charged.

1000.gif
That has happened to others as well think once the game launches you can't play it.

Maybe the beta test really was a beta test. Glad to hear servers are doing well, but the game hasn't officially released yet, so we'll see if it continues. I think that beta test was a good move, though. Have all the server issues before the game actually releases,

I would be so happy if I could play as good ole Ding.

His Operator name could be "Flash" and he could come with infinite flash grenades,

1668970.gif

hype intensifies

I'll be getting this tomorrow and playing it tomorrow night after work. If anyone would like to join me on PS4, add Chronospherics. I always appreciate having people to play with, especially on a game like this. :)

Flunkie

Banned
Aaaaaaaaaaaand go. *boots it up*

Add me on Steam and/or uPlay?

Steam: Flunkie44
uPlay: jtp44

I'll be getting PS4 version soon.

King_Moc

Banned
Pc version is up in EU. Someone should make a uplay id spreadsheet, I have a friendliest of 1, lol.

It didn't save my progress from the beta, I'm sure it said it would.

I'm King_Moc if anyone wants to add me.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I'll be blind-buying this game tomorrow. If someone is okay with me being shitty for a few hours, please add me on UPlay: Skel1ingt0n

Pc version is up in EU. Someone should make a uplay id spreadsheet, I have a friendliest of 1, lol.

It didn't save my progress from the beta, I'm sure it said it would.

I'm King_Moc if anyone wants to add me.

Quoting you again, but I made a spreadsheet for people to add their user IDs onto.

Here

It includes fields for your PSN, XBL, and Uplay ID.

I'll be getting the game shortly, when I'm down with Just Cause 3 probably. Add me on Uplay PC: UnleashSonic

Add me if you're oceania/Australia too or don't mind pitiful ping lol.

I'll be getting the game shortly, when I'm down with Just Cause 3 probably. Add me on Uplay PC: UnleashSonic

Add me if you're oceania/Australia too or don't mind pitiful ping lol.

On that note, I added a field for region onto the spreadsheet.

This game seems pretty playable with a high ping though. I played with an Australlian from reddit and he had a 600 ping. He always did okay, and did not seem like his experience was that affected. That's stark contrast to Call of Duty, where the game is unplayable with such high latencies as you jitter around the map.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
On that note, I added a field for region onto the spreadsheet.

This game seems pretty playable with a high ping though. I played with an Australlian from reddit and he had a 600 ping. He always did okay, and did not seem like his experience was that affected. That's stark contrast to Call of Duty, where the game is unplayable with such high latencies as you jitter around the map.

Awesome - just added myself. Good call!

Easy_G

Just watching the videos in the op and this game seems quite similar to counter strike (in a good way). For those that have played both is that an accurate statement? Maybe a bit slower, but the lack of respawn and the necessary planning is really attractive. Perhaps more of an America's Army from back in the day.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Just watching the videos in the op and this game seems quite similar to counter strike (in a good way). For those that have played both is that an accurate statement? Maybe a bit slower, but the lack of respawn and the necessary planning is really attractive. Perhaps more of an America's Army from back in the day.

Kind of. There isn't a buying mechanic between rounds. But the competitive side feels like it could come close if enough people latch on.

The most interesting thing (imo) about the game is it forces you to change the way you approach situations due to the destruction.

Nori Chan

1000.gif

Yup, happened with NBA 2K16 with me lol

nib95

Banned
It's more Rainbow Six than Vegas was, for sure. Still a little dumbed down, but I think, in spirit, it's Rainbow Six. Most tense fun I've had in a while.

I wish I had recorded it, but we had a match as defenders where we just annihilated the attackers. It was 4v1 and we were nice and cocky, absolutely positive we had a win.

Then this Solid Snake motherfucker proceeds to do some guerrilla warfare shit. Almost all of us were defending the one objective at the upper floor, with many of our windows still barricaded. He used that to his advantage, blowing breaching charges to distract us while popping into other windows and taking us out.

He eventually cleared us all out :( It was terrifying.

Lol that sounds awesome. And what a legend that guy is. Damn I'm tempted to buy this... But the issues, being MP only etc... Hmm...

Q: Is there a gameplay video I can watch to see how tense this game can get?
A: Watch this. Courtesy of GAF user james_b0ndjr (not to be confused with james bond senior)
Love the FAQ, and that video right there is the best thing I've seen for this game.

Way too hardcore and too multiplayer based for me, but looks like its got its own brand of magic.

Alias03

Lol that sounds awesome. And what a legend that guy is. Damn I'm tempted to buy this... But the issues, being MP only etc... Hmm...

That's my biggest issues right now. I really enjoyed both betas, but it really bugs me that there is no campaign. I did think the game play was pretty solid and they had a great opportunity to make an exciting campaign and blew it.

Mr Croft

ManM I want to love this game so much.... But these bugs hurt so much the constant disconnections for no reason. That damn recruit bug and getting matched up while friends are still searching. These are the same bugs we reported in the first closed tech test. So sad...

gossi

The servers are starting to wobble. I think West Coast America launches in twenty minutes, at midnight. Tomorrow night will be the real test.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Played for two hours. I suck at single player Situations, they get damn hard really fast!

Unlocked 4 Operators and done for the night.
Tip: watch the tutorial videos right away and you get enough Renown for an Operator instantly. Don't even have to finish the videos, just trigger them and back out. Collect renown and Unlock then you dive in.

I didn't really had any issues getting matches quickly which is good, though I did have a short span where lag was pretty bad. It lasted all four rounds and was really annoying but after we got paird up with a new team after we won, no more lag issues. Just a bad connection I guess.

Overall positive though, no crashes or bugs or anything noticeable.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
The servers are starting to wobble. I think West Coast America launches in twenty minutes, at midnight. Tomorrow night will be the real test.

Servers were on since midnight est, was playing west coast people at 9pm pst

Right off the bat, I'm bewildered that you still can't choose which Terrorist Hunt map (or mode) you'd like to play, even if it's Lone Wolf. I thought for sure it was just set up that way during the beta, and that they'd restructure it a bit in the final release, but nope! In other words, if you're hunting for a particular map or mode, you just have to jump in and out of games/servers until you land on it, even if it's just you versus the AI. Un-fucking-believable.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Played 3 or so hours, no server issues. Good job ubisoft.

I think maybe the foregrip on Ash's second rifle is bugged... heavy recoil, even when equipped.

Game is awesome. Love protect the hostage terrorist hunt. So fun! And you get to use defenders!

bigDave

Right off the bat, I'm bewildered that you still can't choose which Terrorist Hunt map (or mode) you'd like to play, even if it's Lone Wolf. I thought for sure it was just set up that way during the beta, and that they'd restructure it a bit in the final release, but nope! In other words, if you're hunting for a particular map or mode, you just have to jump in and out of games/servers until you land on it, even if it's just you versus the AI. Un-fucking-believable.

or jus select them in option menu

Top Bottom