• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Update on the Chaos;Child Vita price saga, it's finally been fixed to the standard price of $39.99 on both Amazon US and Best Buy.

Also a placeholder date of October 24th on both sites, but we should be getting an official date Soon™.

So, tomorrow will be TGS. Then in a few months it'll be PSX. The one time of year where it's possible that Vita might be at least mentioned slightly during a Sony event.

There was a post on reddit about whether we'd see anything Vita-related at these events. Takao (RIP - when is his ban up?) had this to say about it:

Sony doesn't even have a single Vita game at their booth this year. I think that's the first time they've ever completely ignored the platform like that.
Because of the above, I wouldn't expect much from the press conference. Maybe a throwaway trailer that features a dozen otome games a dozen people care about. Maybe trailers for some of the cross-platform games we know are waiting in the wings (Digimon, Virtual On, Gintama, Persona Dancing). I have a strong suspicion we'll find out if 13 Sentinels is still going to be released on Vita (my gut instinct says no). Same with Attack on Titan 2 (KT has said PS4/XB1 at Gamescom to Dualshockers with Switch unlikely and other platforms undecided, but that site is garbage and never said a word about Vita. A Japanese outlet mentioned the first game launched on PS3/PSV/PS4 in Japan and KT said they don't really want to leave anyone behind - the first game sold best on Vita by a sizeable margin in Japan).

Just thought I'd ask what you guys were expecting for these two conferences - anything or nothing. Obviously TGS will have trailers and stuff for games which are still coming (Digimon/Persona/Virtual On) but are y'all expecting any announcements?

Similarly, are you expecting anything from PSX? Previously, Gio has always at least had three announcements - one Neo Geo port; one DoubleFine release and a port of a 'Go' game. We've still not gotten Deus Ex Go on Vita so that one's a possibility, but as far as I'm aware there are no more old LucasArts games that would be viable to port to Vita. Neo Geo ports is a possibility I suppose, but he's exhausted nearly all the beloved late-in-life games - aside from doing a King of Fighters port, I'm not sure what else he could do.

I also notice Gio no longer has "bartender of #VitaIsland" on his profile anymore. Maybe this is finally the year when announcements stop :(

Saphirax

So, tomorrow will be TGS. Then in a few months it'll be PSX. The one time of year where it's possible that Vita might be at least mentioned slightly during a Sony event.

There was a post on reddit about whether we'd see anything Vita-related at these events. Takao (RIP - when is his ban up?) had this to say about it:

Just thought I'd ask what you guys were expecting for these two conferences - anything or nothing. Obviously TGS will have trailers and stuff for games which are still coming (Digimon/Persona/Virtual On) but are y'all expecting any announcements?

Similarly, are you expecting anything from PSX? Previously, Gio has always at least had three announcements - one Neo Geo port; one DoubleFine release and a port of a 'Go' game. We've still not gotten Deus Ex Go on Vita so that one's a possibility, but as far as I'm aware there are no more old LucasArts games that would be viable to port to Vita. Neo Geo ports is a possibility I suppose, but he's exhausted nearly all the beloved late-in-life games - aside from doing a King of Fighters port, I'm not sure what else he could do.

I also notice Gio no longer has "bartender of #VitaIsland" on his profile anymore. Maybe this is finally the year when announcements stop :(

I expect nothing but disappointment when it comes to Vita AND ps4.

I'd love a new SRW game though.

i-Jest

I'll keep my fingers crossed for dream localizations that will never come.
Common, Evolution games!

oldmario

tbh i kinda find the Vita Island thing dumb, it's more or less on the same levels of the narwhal and reddit thing of cringyness and to top it off greg miller of all people started it

also pray for trinity, we know you're out there

FDC1

http://www.eastasiasoft.com/index.p...emispheres-coming-to-ps-vita-digital-physical

Semispheres is coming to Vita, with a physical release from eastasiasoft.

It seems they convinced the devs to port this game to Vita!

New Playstation blog post about the game:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/09/18/stealth-puzzler-semispheres-hits-ps-vita-on-11th-october/

Another post about Burly Men at Sea, releasing tomorrow:

about https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...-ps4-adventure-burly-men-at-sea-out-tomorrow/

Edit: And a last one about Chaos;Child:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...y-chaoschild-comes-to-ps4-ps-vita-next-month/

Ventara

Anyone know if Undertale is still on track to start shipping late September from Fangamer (minus the late LE)?

http://www.eastasiasoft.com/index.p...emispheres-coming-to-ps-vita-digital-physical

Semispheres is coming to Vita, with a physical release from eastasiasoft.

It seems they convinced the devs to port this game to Vita!

Nice! Will definitely get. Maybe both variants.

Edit: Just checked and I'm surprised the PS4 versions are still in stock. It's only 1000 copies per variant.

BTA

Weird question, but has anyone ever had any luck contacting NISA support?

I need them to fix billing issues for my copy of V3 and they absolutely are not picking up the phone at all.

I got them to cancel my old order (which had now incorrect card info on the PayPal order) a few months ago but even that took days; had I just somehow predicted PayPal wouldn't work for the first time in like 8 years then, I'd have been fine... And even then I only used PayPal on the first order because their site wouldn't take my debit card info directly.

At this rate I'm gonna end up buying a second copy of V3 to play day 1, aren't I.

EDIT: They finally picked up; turns out they'd already associated my manual payment with my order but didn't tell me. Had to add my apartment number anyway so I guess that worked out fine in the end.

And hopefully I can play on launch day now.

Kresinik - you don't want Blue Reflection on the Vita, you don't.

PS4 vs Vita Comparison

arbok26 - I want Blue Reflection on Vita, I do.

In no circumstances will I be playing the Vita and PS4 versions side-by-side therefore I really don't care for this kinda stuff. I do, however, have time for lengthy JRPG's when getting the train to see my SO or on my lunch breaks at work.

You sound exactly like Koei-Tecmo telling me what I do and don't want to play :p

In TGS news, Vita did get two mentions at the conference... sorta. Virtual-On is releasing February 15th:

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/certain-magical-virtual-launches-february-15-japan

And 13 Sentinels is still on for Vita and coming in 2018:

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/13-sentinels-aegis-rim-launches-2018-japan

I haven't watched the trailers to verify they're not actually cancelled for Vita, but I trust Sal on these matters :p

Jimrpg

I'm fairly certain he's fully aware of how the game looks and still wants to play it. Some people aren't bothered by how a game looks.

It was just a joke. :) Its a fair downgrade though.

arbok26 - I want Blue Reflection on Vita, I do.

In no circumstances will I be playing the Vita and PS4 versions side-by-side therefore I really don't care for this kinda stuff. I do, however, have time for lengthy JRPG's when getting the train to see my SO or on my lunch breaks at work.

You sound exactly like Koei-Tecmo telling me what I do and don't want to play :p

In TGS news, Vita did get two mentions at the conference... sorta. Virtual-On is releasing February 15th:

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/certain-magical-virtual-launches-february-15-japan

And 13 Sentinels is still on for Vita and coming in 2018:

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/13-sentinels-aegis-rim-launches-2018-japan

I haven't watched the trailers to verify they're not actually cancelled for Vita, but I trust Sal on these matters :p

Haha no, I recalled your posts wanting the Vita version to come over, and I hadn't seen the two side by side until the post I Iinked to. I've usually been pretty impressed with other Vita games that have also had a PS4 version like Dragon Quest Builders, or even DOAX3 but this one seemed pretty stark.

The trailer at the Playstation conference for 13 Sentinels still shows the Vita watermark, so I was pretty excited that was still there.

Rest easy, "Vita" was well visible in those trailers.

Sega such a bro.

Yeah, it's oddly surprising that out of all the companies to still be committed to Vita in 2018, it's SEGA. Not that they've ever been bad, just that others (Bamco/Koei/Square) have gone 'all-in' on the console much harder in the past, but now seem to have scaled back. While SEGA are still there, chugging on.

I'm super excited for Virtual On.

mollipen

I feel like Blue Reflection would be one of those "buy it for the Vita shelf and play it on PS4" games for me.

Well, I mean, that would be the case if we were getting it physically. Or on Vita.

autoduelist

Can someone tell me about the mechanics in Summon Night games? Specifically, difficulty / grinding / jobs? I generally want to love SRPGs but so many of them feature systems [like job systems] that reward replaying the same level over and over, or using the same skill over and over, or using tricks like 'wound then heal enemy', or making sure a specific character gets the kill that, by and large, I end up disliking them more than I love them - balance becomes impossible because the game is set up to make you OP. As much as I like God Wars [still not quite done], and although it dodged many of the above issues, I still had the same 'always OP' issue there if I did the requests I was given.

Can someone tell me about the mechanics in Summon Night games? Specifically, difficulty / grinding / jobs? I generally want to love SRPGs but so many of them feature systems [like job systems] that reward replaying the same level over and over, or using the same skill over and over, or using tricks like 'wound then heal enemy', or making sure a specific character gets the kill that, by and large, I end up disliking them more than I love them - balance becomes impossible because the game is set up to make you OP. As much as I like God Wars [still not quite done], and although it dodged many of the above issues, I still had the same 'always OP' issue there if I did the requests I was given.
They're generally easy and simple SRPG games. They sometimes have job systems but they're more minor than those in, say, final fantasy tactics.
Most people play for the story and character interactions from what I can tell.

Ephidel

They're generally easy and simple SRPG games. They sometimes have job systems but they're more minor than those in, say, final fantasy tactics.
Most people play for the story and character interactions from what I can tell.
Only having played SN5 I wouldn't say some of those last missions were "easy and simple". They definitely required some strategy. And some headbanging.

Only having played SN5 I wouldn't say some of those last missions were "easy and simple". They definitely required some strategy. And some headbanging.
That's endgame in most SRPGs, though, I feel. Compared to almost any other game in the genre I've played, Summon Night has always felt simpler and cuter to me.

Is there anyway to check what's the remaining stock for Mary Skelter Limited Edition? I'm deciding between this and Demon Gaze 2 LE.

http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/MarySkelterNightmaresLE

No way to check other than the stock notices they give every now and then, which they said it was sub 50% on the 1st. Considering it's sold out on the EU store and hit 50% in the US that long ago, this is one that will likely sell out for them soon.

With that said, I honestly value the LE for this more than the one for DG2. The poster and novel book are more interesting than what is likely an incomplete soundtrack, not to mention I like the art for MS quite a bit more than DG.

NDPsycho

Hit a bit of a milestone for my collection this week. I've never went for a full collection of a console library before (though I was buying most Dreamcast games as they released during it's life). Something about the Vita just clicks with me though, so I've been working on it the last couple of years. I'd been dragging my feet on the last few pickups for a full current NA collection, but finally finished it off. When I ordered Tachyon Project from Play Asia, they had a deal on Ragnarok Odyssey for 11.99 for the NA version and it finally arrived. That left me with only needing Fifa 15, so I got that too. Now I just need to keep up with new releases going forward, which is kind of stressful given the limited nature of a lot of vita releases lately (don't get me started on kickstarter...).

To be fair, there are some I probably will never play, but the ratio of games that I'm interested in versus those I'm not is incredibly high on this system. I can't think of another console outside of the Dreamcast that I feel that way about. Anyway, I don't know many people that collect for the system outside of the forum and just felt like sharing with those that might be able to relate.

oldmario

did QA go down the toilet with Iffy recently? 5 minutes into Mary Skelter and i've noticed 2 things already, skittle is labelled MSNightEU instead of the actual title of the game and selecting Japanese audio makes it play videos with Japanese subtitles

Backlogger

Sorry if this is somewhat off topic but do any of you have recommendations for a 3rd party Vita charging cable? This is for the OLED Vita with the non standard connector.

The AC adapter part I have is fine but the USB cable part of it is taped up. I want to maybe trade it in or sell it but I would like to have at least another USB cable to go along with it.

On Amazon the reviews are hit in miss. What does GAF recommend?

Prelude.

did QA go down the toilet with Iffy recently? 5 minutes into Mary Skelter and i've noticed 2 things already, skittle is labelled MSNightEU instead of the actual title of the game and selecting Japanese audio makes it play videos with Japanese subtitles
Wow. Doesn't it come out on the 22nd in EU? Maybe there's a day 1 patch.

autoduelist

Sorry if this is somewhat off topic but do any of you have recommendations for a 3rd party Vita charging cable? This is for the OLED Vita with the non standard connector.

The AC adapter part I have is fine but the USB cable part of it is taped up. I want to maybe trade it in or sell it but I would like to have at least another USB cable to go along with it.

On Amazon the reviews are hit in miss. What does GAF recommend?

I was going to recommend the monoprice one but they don't seem to sell it anymore.

THAT SAID...

it looks like all of their vita accessories are super clearanced out -- the best of lot is the game case [i have one] for only 13 cents, but they also have some various covers for the OLED, also 13 cents each.

For those of you who don't know, monoprice is -awesome- for all your cable needs. Usb, stereo stuff, whatever, they have great quality stuff at super low prices.

https://www.monoprice.com/search/index?keyword=vita

Backlogger

I was going to recommend the monoprice one but they don't seem to sell it anymore.

THAT SAID...

it looks like all of their vita accessories are super clearanced out -- the best of lot is the game case [i have one] for only 13 cents, but they also have some various covers for the OLED, also 13 cents each.

For those of you who don't know, monoprice is -awesome- for all your cable needs. Usb, stereo stuff, whatever, they have great quality stuff at super low prices.

https://www.monoprice.com/search/index?keyword=vita

Yeah, I grabbed a couple of the cases :)

Top Bottom