• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metal Gear Survive screenshots

Can't wait for this one. Love the FOX engine and this is just more of that so yeah.

I get why this sucks for purists but I mean, every franchise that goes on for this long ends up having spin offs or deviations. Disregarding the way Konami is handling the company and Kojima's treatment this isn't really a surprise - there's no way they'd let such a good framework go to waste whether or not Kojima is involved. And honestly with the backlash the series was getting as early as Ground Zeroes I'm pretty sure a lot of fans are happy to think the series ended with Peace Walker. At least the impression I get.

Friendly reminder that while Konami is objectively shit, the developers of this underneath them might actually care about the project.

Yeah I think this will end up selling less than much much less than 1m copies.

A big budget survival game, with the metal gear name attached, and coop? A million metal gear fans might not buy it, but it clearly isn't aimed at them. There are people buying Fortnight right now, spending 40+$, knowing full well that it will be ftp, in a year or so. This genre is pretty big right now, especially on consoles, where options are slim. If it's a good game, it will make money, I'd bet on that.

120v

i see this as an expansion of MGSV multiplayer more than anything...

in that sense i'm cautiously intrigued.

cj_iwakura

So, uh, who IS directing this? Anyone with pedigree at all? Konami might be a wasteland, but there's still talented people working there.

Xux

So anyone placing bets if Pyramid Head shows up as an event boss.
The story is gonna be
Dracula and his minions have resurrected dead soldiers in Afghanistan and Angola to take over the world and you eventually have to rescue Julius' dad to help stop him.
There's no way a zombie would be in it. A bee man and various other weird freaks, however...
Not to mention the pretty much zombies in Phantom Pain.
So, uh, who IS directing this? Anyone with pedigree at all? Konami might be a wasteland, but there's still talented people working there.
Murata hopefully.

hqdefault.jpg

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
We thought Lawbreakers was bombed, but this gonna be a whole other level of bombing...

Silent Hills= people loved it= canceled.
Phantom Pain= people wanted so bad= game is released by half.
Contra and Castlevania= people want some= not a single fuck.
Metal Gear Survive= nobody wants= three years of development on it.

It's a shame that the best this company has today is a kinda good Bomberman game.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
So you fulton resources like in Phantom pain?

There's no way a zombie would be in it. A bee man and various other weird freaks, however...

There are already vocal cord parasite zombies in MGS5. In fact they behave more like zombie than RE4's infected villagers.

Timeaisis

I don't understand why this is a Metal Gear game. They can use the components and engine but still name it something else, without having to jump through hoops to justify it in the MG canon.

I like to think they dragged that guy Kojima introduced as the director for Rising way back when out of whatever shallow grave they left him in after PG took over the project.

Neiteio

On the one hand, everything is so brown

On the other hand, as soon as I saw the shot of the guy crawling I was like "Damn MGSV felt great to play"

DEEPLY CONFLICTED

Yukinari

Very telling that the only people who played Survive during E3 did it for a closed press event and all we have is word of mouth.

SeppOCE

Konami should have put the resources into making MGS V story DLC Kojima or not rather than drop most support for MGS V and move towards creating a new game.

How are we meant to trust they'll stick around and support this rather than ditch it like they did to MGS V?

It's looking better than I thought it would. Hope those systems work well.

If we can customize our survival loadout well enough, I could see myself having genuine fun here.

Akronis

We thought Lawbreakers was bombed, but this gonna be a whole other level of bombing...

It's a shame that the best this company has today is a kinda good Bomberman game.

It's hilarious that you think this.

This game is probably going to sell fine. It ticks every box. Zombie survival coop game. The only thing it's missing is that it's not early access lol

BigEmil

I mean it's Konami, they're likely gonna add f2p elements to the game.
Sure but i reckon it won't be as pushing as Fortnite would. That you can still get by without using much of the F2P or at least much less than a game like Fortnite

How you miss out Suikoden though

Rellik

The best they have is the PES series.

Does your base get attacked? Or do you only interact with zombies on missions?

Having to build and defend a base from periodic attacks would be so cool.

packy34

The MSF base is the one that got sucked up into the dumb zombie portal, but the Diamond Dogs base is the one that's shown in these screens. They couldn't even bother to use the correct pre-existing assets.

LeleSocho

Banned
A big budget survival game, with the metal gear name attached, and coop? A million metal gear fans might not buy it, but it clearly isn't aimed at them. There are people buying Fortnight right now, spending 40+$, knowing full well that it will be ftp, in a year or so. This genre is pretty big right now, especially on consoles, where options are slim. If it's a good game, it will make money, I'd bet on that.

Dunno man, i'm a pretty big MGS fan, i have most of the games with the Metal Gear brand, bought rereleases, know word for word the script of lots of cutscenes, loved entries of the franchise that some people think are horrible and yet i can't see buying this even at 5€...

...and it's not some sort of revengeance on what they did to Kojima or some "Fuck Konami" kinda of deal, it's just that unappealing to me.

Abylim

Dunno man, i'm a pretty big MGS fan, i have most of the games with the Metal Gear brand, bought rereleases, know word for word the script of lots of cutscenes, loved entries of the franchise that some people think are horrible and yet i can't see buying this even at 5€...

...and it's not some sort of revengeance on what they did to Kojima or some "Fuck Konami" kinda of deal, it's just that unappealing to me.

I think it has potential. But I also think Konami is going to monitize the shit out of it. Like they did with MGSV.

MrBS

How far you have fallen.
Son
You've got a way to fall
They'll tell you where to go
But they won't know
Son
You'd better take it all
They'll tell you what they know
But they won't show
Oh
I've got something in my throat
I need to be alone
While I suffer

SugarDave

I'm not all that interested, but the game will probably end up being a laugh if you can get a group together. Looks extremely brown, mind, I would hope there's some variety in locations.

Top Bottom