• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German neo-nazi rock festival

Eylos

Banned
Lock the thread and bash the fash If old

"As thousands of neo-Nazis flocked to a rock festival in the tiny town of Themar, German far-right supporters were pictured in ‘I love HTLR’ T-shirts.

Others wore T-shirts saying, ‘HKN KRZ’ – a reference to the ‘Hakenkreuz’, or Swastika.

The festival called, ‘Rock gegen Ueberfremdung’ (Rock against Foreign Domination) saw up to 6,000 neo-Nazis attend, with 1,000 police officers deployed.

The neo-Nazis were cordoned off, RT Reports, and visitors had to pass security checkpoints guarded by police.
Huge German neo-Nazi rock festival sees fans wearing ‘I heart HTLR’ T-shirts
Participant arrives for one of Germany’s biggest right-wing music festivals in Themar.

The concert was largely peaceful, but the police were involved in 20 incidents including ‘the use of anti-constitutional symbols’ – possibly referring to Nazi symbols."

DE18YelXoAAu-4f

Source and Full article:http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/17/huge-...s-fans-wearing-i-heart-htlr-t-shirts-6784842/

Carl2291

Considering they can host a rock festival I don't think they've lost nearly as much as they should unfortunately.

This isn't a one off by the way, a lot of these gatherings happen all over Europe and the nazi rock scene is (or at least was, I'm not sure anymore) pretty big.

Phamit

There is no heavy laws against this in Germany ?

The nazis obviously find ways around the laws, since the laws are quiet distinct.

They usually use codes or other symbolics that aren't as easy to ban like that I heart HTLR shirt( the small print below the logo says Heimat, Treue Loyalität und Respekt: Home, fidelity, loyalty and respect) or 88 and so on. Lonsdale was or is still popular, because with a jacket the logo looked like NSDA (P)

These guys are harmless.

The actually dangerous people are the ones who effectively manage to distance themselves from nazism, but hold the very same racist believes.

Donos

There is no heavy laws against this in Germany ?

Laws against what? These fuckers don't use swastikas, SS stuff etc. They circumvent everything with stuff like the tshirt. HTLR instead of HITLER (Heimat Treue Loalität Respekt (homeland, faithfulness, loyality, respect..) etc.. And they didn't register a Holocaust BBQ party but "just" a rock concert.
You can't do something except punish the stupid ones showing/wearing the forbidden stuff. Given the history, Germany is not lax on this but they keep inventing new codes constantly.

The bald, jumper boots wearing skinhead is really rare now anyway. Nazis wear clothes like the left (hoodies, lot of black) or "cool" street clothes with coded right wing symbols/meanings (e.g. Thor Steinar)

Lock the thread and bash the fash If old

"As thousands of neo-Nazis flocked to a rock festival in the tiny town of Themar, German far-right supporters were pictured in ‘I love HTLR' T-shirts.

Others wore T-shirts saying, ‘HKN KRZ' – a reference to the ‘Hakenkreuz', or Swastika.

The festival called, ‘Rock gegen Ueberfremdung' (Rock against Foreign Domination) saw up to 6,000 neo-Nazis attend, with 1,000 police officers deployed.

The neo-Nazis were cordoned off, RT Reports, and visitors had to pass security checkpoints guarded by police.
Huge German neo-Nazi rock festival sees fans wearing ‘I heart HTLR' T-shirts
Participant arrives for one of Germany's biggest right-wing music festivals in Themar.

The concert was largely peaceful, but the police were involved in 20 incidents including ‘the use of anti-constitutional symbols' – possibly referring to Nazi symbols."

DE18YelXoAAu-4f

Are these brothers? Because they look like fucking clones. White trash, racist clones.

Check out these sweet neo-nazi hats too

Laws against what? These fuckers don't use swastikas, SS stuff etc. They circumvent everything with stuff like the tshirt. HTLR instead of HITLER (Heimat Treue Loalität Respekt (homeland, faithfulness, loyality, respect..) etc.. And they didn't register a Holocaust BBQ party but "just" a rock concert.
You can't do something except punish the stupid ones showing/wearing the forbidden stuff.

I think that it's pretty easy to bring down anything who make reference to Hitler or Nazism, even indirectly. I mean, if a neonazi is wearing something who says "i love HTLR", i don't understand how it's hard to figure out that it's neonazi apology.

These guys are harmless.

The actually dangerous people are the ones who effectively manage to distance themselves from nazism, but hold the very same racist believes.

I wouldn't say harmless, those are the people who actually get violent.
Banning ideology is quite hard in open societies, even in Germany. But the alternative is just worse.

I think that it's pretty easy to bring down anything who make reference to Hitler or Nazism, even indirectly. I mean, if a neonazi is wearing something who says "i love HTLR", i don't understand how it's hard to figure out that it's neonazi apology.

As long as its legal, police can't do shit. You could start banning those shirts I guess, but than you invest so much money to fight against something so small which has the next slogan as soon as the old one is banned.

Keep your eyes on them and make sure kids are protected from them/ educated, is the more effective weapon against extremism.

Donos

Like someone posted, they use everthing to bend it for them - see the brand Lonsdale (NSDA - because it's close to NSDAP). Ban Lonsdale in germany? Or they used to wear Helly Hansen because of HH (Heil Hitler) - ban Helly Hansen? It's all easier said then done. HTLR is pretty bold but when they can just say that it's the abbreviation for "Heimat, Treue, Loyalität, Respekt", you can't really do a lot.

As long as its legal, police can't do shit. You could start banning those shirts I guess, but than you invest so much money to fight against something so small which has the next slogan as soon as the old one is banned.

Keep your eyes on them and make sure kids are protected from them/ educated, is the more effective weapon against extremism.

Yeah maybe i don't know. They are no better than ISIS supporter.
But i don't know what would be an actual solution.

Like someone posted, they use everthing to bend it for them - see the brand Lonsdale. Ban Lonsdale in germany? Or they used to wear Helly Hansen because of HH (Heil Hitler) - ban Helly Hansen? It's all easier said then done. HTLR is pretty bold but when they can just say that it's the abbreviation for "Heimat, Treue, Loyalität, Respekt", you can't really do a lot.

Lonsdale you cannot do nothing, but you can do something about that:

BMKt8wlCIAEaSlZ.jpg

I know Renton made some questionable decisions in Trainspotting but I never would have expected him to see him in a neo nazi fanny pack

Lubricus

Hopefully it doesn't get to be tens of thousands attendees next year.
As wrong as they are in their political and social opinions, they do have a right to them. Some folks just do not like democracies or republics. They would rather have a rigid society.

Donos

Sure, but that these guys are organizing without impediment suggests Germany may have a much more dangerous Nazi problem than we've been led to believe.

Nazi infiltration in the German military seems to be a growing problem.

Not sure about any recent development, but yeah, the army attracts nationalists. I experienced that too when I was there, but to be fair a relatively small number in my experience. And they absolutely don't encourage it there.

Probably same as the US Military attracts nationalists. Don't want to downplay it but the german army gets constantly fucked when cases get to the public. In my time, we had to show our upper bodies to check if we he had left or right wing tatoos and had to sign a lot of papers regarding facism.

Nonetheless there are still a lot of dumb right wingers there.

These guys are harmless.

No It's not harmless. This is a platform of acceptance. More will join.

I cant believe the police didn't shut this down.

Top Bottom