• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STAR TREK ONLINE: The |OT| of Going Where No Gamer Has Gone Before....

Walshicus

MarshMellow96 said:
It's annoying that the EU retail version is out on Friday instead of today. I was all up for picking it up and playing it all night. =/
The monkey behind the till at GAME told me it was out 15th February!

Luthair

DangerousDave said:
Nice, I already have spam from gold farmers in STO...
I saw that lol There be some really sad people if all they been doing is farming gold already... its not like its hard to come by in the game.

Luthair said:
I saw that lol There be some really sad people if all they been doing is farming gold already... its not like its hard to come by in the game.

Also, money, except for buying extra ships, don't seems very important in this game.

BTW, where can i find MK III or Mk IV equipment for the ship?

nataku

Well this sucks. Over an hour of trying, 60+ times, and nothing. The error it gives isn't even posted on the forum, so I have no idea if people other than me are having this issue.

Guess it's time to email Cryptic and hope they actually reply. Otherwise it's to the trash with this thing.

nataku said:
Well this sucks. Over an hour of trying, 60+ times, and nothing. The error it gives isn't even posted on the forum, so I have no idea if people other than me are having this issue.

Guess it's time to email Cryptic and hope they actually reply. Otherwise it's to the trash with this thing.

On the loader did you change the proxy settings at all? If you did that sometimes caused odd issues and you should change it back to auto, if not then I would just advise deleting the whole thing and redownloading.

I think to get mark 3 and 4 stuff you have to go to DS9 or K7 to buy them.

Anyone who ordered from Amazon.co.uk check your emails, apparently they are cancelling tons of orders as they don't have the stock.

nataku

I didn't touch anything. I did try having it go through a proxy after the 50th crash or so, and it didn't crash when I did that... but it didn't do anything else either. It just sat there.

I'll try reinstalling the game when my box gets here tomorrow, but if that doesn't fix it I'm done. Even if it does fix it, if it ever happens again I'm done. I'm the only one on the STO forum that posted with that error. I have no faith in Cryptic actually listening to a single person with a patcher crash issue.

Oddly enough, I'd be a lot more forgiving if that actual game was crashing after I got in or played for a little bit.

nataku said:
I didn't touch anything. I did try having it go through a proxy after the 50th crash or so, and it didn't crash when I did that... but it didn't do anything else either. It just sat there.

I'll try reinstalling the game when my box gets here tomorrow, but if that doesn't fix it I'm done. Even if it does fix it, if it ever happens again I'm done. I'm the only one on the STO forum that posted with that error. I have no faith in Cryptic actually listening to a single person with a patcher crash issue.

Oddly enough, I'd be a lot more forgiving if that actual game was crashing after I got in or played for a little bit.

Have you tried telling the loader to do a scan of all the files? I cant remember exactly where it is in the loader options but you can force it to check all your files are in the right order and that fixed a weird problem I was having in closed beta.

nataku

Doesn't work. It still crashes.

It doesn't even start scanning the files.
It just says loading version ST.0.20100123a.16 and then crashes... no progress bar, nothing.

EDIT: I did notice a bunch of people on the forums having crash issues with the patcher/launcher, but they're all using the Steam version of STO. I'm just using the beta client.

Hopefully a reinstall fixes it, but I'm not wasting 7-8GB on a download that might not even work.

TheExodu5

Banned
God damnit.

I tried to activate my Steam DDE, and it failed during the subscription process (said the service was down). Now I'm trying to activate and it says my key is already in use.

WTF Cryptic.

edit: looks like it was just delayed.

My copy apparently got shipped today but my copy of Mass Effect 2 still hasn't arrived, so I probably won't be joining Gafleet for a while. 'Fraid ME2 will take priority whenever the Royal Mail decide to fucking deliver it!

StUnNeR H2K

I ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition from atari.com, and they sent me a email today with a code for the game that I assume is the actual game code. Do I need to activate this on the STO site? I already entered a key code for the open beta and head start, but this code is different?

EDIT: I do have to enter it... Whats lame is they don't allow you to get past the subscription screen in order to activate your full game without giving some sort of payment information. Even though I got 30 days of free play time they require you to atleast start a subscription in order to play... wow. Of course you have 30 days to cancel it in order to not be charged, but what a scam.

StUnNeR H2K

TheExodu5 said:
There's no bottom for The Original Series uniform. WAT. I want my miniskirt.

Dev's said a fix for it is on it's way. To bad we didn't get to beta test that, cause that would have been fixed already.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Luthair said:
Jokes on them, because there is no gold in STO. Ha!

Medalion

Banned
I can't even activate my game or prepaid card because their subscription service is down... dammit. Anxious to get started here...

Truant

Worked for me.

I'm in Europe, though. I'll probably get a message once I log on that I can't play until the fifth :(

DrBo42

Started the launcher and it's saying Account error, please contact Billing Support. But when I go to their site my account is green and active...wtf?

Borg bridge officer for sale on amazon for £65.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Star-Trek-Onl...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efc8a0cc1

Holy god I might consider selling mine at that rate.... its totally obvious they will be available on the c-store later.

Found out there's another character title available to certain people, Red squad member, you had to be in both open and closed beta and report a ton of faults to get it, im guessing I didnt get it as I only got into closed right at the end :(

Edit:

Another one, $200! Someones trying to pay off their lifetime sub im guessing

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STAR-TREK-ONL...temQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item27af14aa4c

DrBo42 said:
Started the launcher and it's saying Account error, please contact Billing Support. But when I go to their site my account is green and active...wtf?

It would do this for me every so often during the beta. I would try again after a little while and it would work fine.

So are most of the pre-order exclusives working fine? I'm sad about no mini-skirts... :(

from the trailers it dosnt look like a trek more like star wars. star trek was never all about fighting. and space battles with just outdoor view? the fun stuff is happening in the ship!

Won

Just saw that I got my Borg BO code. I need to actual play this game. ME2 stole all the gaming time! :(

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
kyo_daikun said:
Borg bridge officer for sale on amazon for £65.

Another one, $200! Someones trying to pay off their lifetime sub im guessing

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STAR-TREK-ONL...temQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item27af14aa4c

I love how it says in the description

INCLUDED WITH THIS ITEM IS THE RARE AMAZON.COM EXCLUSIVE BORG BRIDGE OFFICER.

THIS IS NOT A CODE, FROM WHAT I CAN TELL IT IS BUILT INTO THIS GAME. I OPENED THIS GAME FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF FINDING A "BORG BRIDGE OFFICER CODE" AND I COULD NOT FIND A CODE FOR THE "BORG BRIDGE OFFICER" ANYWHERE. I ASSUME WHEN YOU ACTIVATE THE REGISTRATION CODE IT AUTOMATICALLY GIVES YOU ACCESS TO THE BORG BRIDGE OFFICER.

For 200$ id hope he would know how to get the Borg BO.

Trin3785 said:
I love how it says in the description

INCLUDED WITH THIS ITEM IS THE RARE AMAZON.COM EXCLUSIVE BORG BRIDGE OFFICER.

THIS IS NOT A CODE, FROM WHAT I CAN TELL IT IS BUILT INTO THIS GAME. I OPENED THIS GAME FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF FINDING A "BORG BRIDGE OFFICER CODE" AND I COULD NOT FIND A CODE FOR THE "BORG BRIDGE OFFICER" ANYWHERE. I ASSUME WHEN YOU ACTIVATE THE REGISTRATION CODE IT AUTOMATICALLY GIVES YOU ACCESS TO THE BORG BRIDGE OFFICER.

For 200$ id hope he would know how to get the Borg BO.

Hehe just a little shocking isnt it, crazy people on the bay

JdFoX187

Banned
maniac-kun said:
from the trailers it dosnt look like a trek more like star wars. star trek was never all about fighting. and space battles with just outdoor view? the fun stuff is happening in the ship!
The entire time this thread is open, the beta has been going on and the Head Start and you just now come up with this wonderful observation?

I need to go pick up my collector's edition tonight. Hope I can get on :lol

Game is running surprisingly well today. The only thing that is bugging me is I can't equip the TOS uniforms on my crew.

Truant

Got it running. Runs great at 60 fps, but it pauses constantly! Like, every ten seconds, for 1-2 seconds. Tried messing with settings, no difference. Any clues? Official forums gave me nothing.

TheExodu5

Banned
Truant said:
Got it running. Runs great at 60 fps, but it pauses constantly! Like, every ten seconds, for 1-2 seconds. Tried messing with settings, no difference. Any clues? Official forums gave me nothing.

I'm going to take a guess and say you're running the 195.62 NVidia drivers. They have issues with this game. Update to the newest drivers.

I'm a sexy bitch.

screenshot_2010-02-02-19-02-14.jpg

enewtabie said:
ok,just wanted to make sure it wasn't some sort of card with a code that was missing.

Nah. For the Steam stuff it was all tied to my pre-order and retail cd-keys.

The system knows by which keys you use, which preorder items you should get. FYI, the TOS uniforms are glitched right now. I couldn't get my Bridge Officers to wear them and... NO MINISKIRTS!!!

Will be fixed though.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
You realize that within an hour or so of playing you'll start finding armor that covers your TOS uniform completely?

Medalion

Banned
I've been flying around doing random fights with Klingons beaming down the to the starbase... I wanna start customizing my ship but my game crashes on me sometimes. I wanna really fly to Deep Space Nine, but flying around in sector space takes forever... why can't I always have warp or full impulse instead of making me drag my feet...or nacelles, whatever.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Heh, thanks to whoever invited me to GAFleet. Out of curiosity, is there just no-one talking in the fleet channel or dedicated GAF channel, or am I somehow not seeing it?

Won

Sinatar said:
You realize that within an hour or so of playing you'll start finding armor that covers your TOS uniform completely?

Yeah, but you realize that you can hide the armor? :p

The_Technomancer said:
Heh, thanks to whoever invited me to GAFleet. Out of curiosity, is there just no-one talking in the fleet channel or dedicated GAF channel, or am I somehow not seeing it?

GAF is very shy.

JdFoX187

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Make sure your chat settings are to "Fleet." We'll talk if others talk. I usually don't say much unless someone else is talking.

Top Bottom