• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(ND Jan 23rd 2013) New Pikmin 3 Screenshots

This game just keeps looking better and better. I need this. Now.
Looks shitty as fuck but I'm sure it has an excellent personality
zvD3g.gif

Honestly not sure why the graphics are so bad still. Many aspects look like they could be from a Gamecube game still (textures), and the lack of AA looks terrible. Two small improvements that would make such a huge difference.

JordanN

Banned
Three more Pikmin 3 screenshots were released today, showcasing a new snowy environment, and close up shots of the new captains, who are now fully designed and unique.

mLdndpx.jpg
I use to defend Pikmin 3's graphics but I can't anymore. Looks like shit.

Log4Girlz

Honestly not sure why the graphics are so bad still. Many aspects look like they could be from a Gamecube game still (textures), and the lack of AA looks terrible. Two small improvements that would make such a huge difference.

The ground textures in particular look bad. Someone needs to call Nintendo and let them know the system has a full 1 GB dedicated to games.

backlot

I'm not really sure what's going on in that picture. It looks like the Pikmin are supposed to be on an ice slide but some of them are clipping through it. Not a particularly great screenshot.

XenodudeX

I guess we're back to the graphics-look-like-shit-based-on-a-few-screens phase again. Will be funny to look back at this when the game eventually launches.

Log4Girlz

I guess we're back to the graphics-look-like-shit-based-on-a-few-screens phase again. Will be funny to look back at this when the game eventually launches.

It is not unusual for people to judge graphics on screenshots. Hopefully the graphics improve before release.

So many jaggies. The Wii U is capable of AA, why aren't they using it?

The new ice environment looks pretty cool, but not really much different from the other area we have seen. I hope there are more unique places to visit.

JordanN

Banned
The game has consistently looked much, much better in motion. It's still a marked improvement over 1 & 2.
Leap needs to be bigger. I was disgusted at the guy in the green suit. Looks like a model lifted straight from the Gamecube.

I'm not sure whether it's Miyamoto strangling people at EAD to prevent any significant progress into HD.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I hope the Wii U Gamepad-thing means we're getting a 1st-person view mode in this. That'd be awesome looking up at a giant animal from Captain's POV.

Log4Girlz

Leap needs to be bigger. I was disgusted at the guy in the green suit. Looks like a model lifted straight from the Gamecube.

I'm not sure whether it's Miyamoto strangling people at EAD to prevent any significant progress into HD.

The overall art design is definitely intentional...but the lack of AA on such a simple game is troubling. Modern GPU my butt.

The only way you can say the screenshots in the op sucks is if you vastly overstate the power of system. For what it is (ps360 +) I think it looks really good.

However, those new screens on the last page. lol.

nib95

Banned
What console is this for? The textures are awful. Made worse by the fact that in most of these shots, not much else is shown but a close up. Pretty poor optimisation.

watershed

Banned
So far Pikmin 3 is the most graphically impressive Wii U game I've seen but the lack of AA and blurry textures still suck. Its worrying to me that Nintendo, and particularly Miyamoto talk like Pikmin 3 is some amazing achievement in graphics for the Wii U.

Espada

I'm wild about this game but those new screens kind of took the wind out of my sails. Everywhere my eyes land it just looks... bad. Much worse than the earlier screens for whatever reason.

Hopefully this is squared away by release date. I don't take this to be indicative of the Wii-U's graphics potential. It's an early gen game.

Instro

It was pretty clear from the get go they were not going to redo the game when they had already done so much work for the original Wii version. Textures, jaggies, etc are not going to improve. I imagine many of the people who worked on the game had already moved on to other projects by the time it was moved to the WiiU.

Bullza2o

I was planning to get this as my first Wii U game when I buy the Wii U sometime during summer. I'm sure it will still be a great game despite the visuals. I just wonder why they're taking too long to release it.

Remember, folks. Nintendo never dealt with HD graphics really until this system. You'll see them get better as time progresses. But for now, you're going to get Wii HD and better shaders with this game.

Top Bottom