• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Can it get better than 75% off?

(real question, it's my first Summer Sale)

The only way I see it improving is if Amazon just bundles a bunch of Microsoft published titles again. Honestly, just buy MotN. It's worth the full $15. How much can you really save by waiting?

73V3N

Banned
It's not likely, just get it now.

Most games that get something larger than 75% are much older titles.

The only way I see it improving is if Amazon just bundles a bunch of Microsoft published titles again. Honestly, just buy MotN. It's worth the full $15. How much can you really save by waiting?

Thanks for the answers.

It doesn't really matter now because I got it like 2 hours ago haha but I was curious.

Even if it gets a slightly better deal, you'll be saving a few cents at most. That's not worth the extra wait to play this amazing game.

Ok this is interesting.

Both Bioshock 2 and Batman Arkham Asylum have had Steam Achievements added recently.

We've theorized that something is happening with GFWL based on both games having achievements added, but not activated, and Halo 2 having an 'alternative option' date set for June.

Well looking at the registry entry for Bioshock 2 and Batman Arkham City have shown some interesting parallels.

Batman Arkham City

Bioshock 2

So both games, done by different studios and publishers have updated their test builds within the last few hours. Both are pushing QA and their own internal test builds through daily.

Something big is happening very soon.

Interesting to note that the Bioshock 2 updates have been farmed out to Digital Extremes, the same guys behind Warframe. I'm going to shoot them an email and see if they have any information.

grief that halo 2 link doesn't work. what did it say? did they update something recently for it? Also do you have the link for the page of halo 2 registry?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
[Nuuvem]

• 2K Super Bundle - $47.41
    • Bioshock
    • Bioshock 2
    • Borderlands GOTY
    • Borderlands 2
    • Sid Meier’s Civilization V
    • Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Gods & Kings
    • Duke Nukem Forever
    • Mafia II
    • Spec Ops: The Line
    • The Darkness II
    • XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Salsa

Glad we have this thread now that there won't be a Summer Sale OT =/

1nRJya0.gif

believe

Jay-Z song written 9 years ago as thread title joke? Grief this is not your A game

[Nuuvem]

• 2K Super Bundle - $47.41
    • Bioshock
    • Bioshock 2
    • Borderlands GOTY
    • Borderlands 2
    • Sid Meier’s Civilization V
    • Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Gods & Kings
    • Duke Nukem Forever
    • Mafia II
    • Spec Ops: The Line
    • The Darkness II
    • XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Wow nice one! The only ones I don't have yet that interest me are Bioshock 2, the darkness 2 and Civ5 though so I'll wait for the summer sale.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Well this is bullshit. Must be a sign, off to GOG's #NoDRM summer sale.

Okay, good. It's not just me. Steam is down. I was trying to play Awesomnauts and it kept telling me to connect to Steam in-game. Finally saw that it says No Connection at the bottom of the Steam client. Oh well. Guess I'll do something more productive than play a video game.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I'm mostly annoyed Steam is down because I picked up Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara this morning, and the thing is stuck at Microsoft VC Redist Package when doing the final set up before loading the game for the first time. I want to find out how to fix the problem, but can't even get on the message boards there to ask around. >_<

Zia

So... I was playing (keyword) Serious Sam 3 for cards for like 45 minutes, was wondering why I didn't receive a card, and saw that Steam was offline. Feeling pretty down.

Grief.exe

grief that halo 2 link doesn't work. what did it say? did they update something recently for it? Also do you have the link for the page of halo 2 registry?

Fixed it. Here is the link

kWEepGX.png

Ok this is interesting.

Both Bioshock 2 and Batman Arkham Asylum have had Steam Achievements added recently.

We've theorized that something is happening with GFWL based on both games having achievements added, but not activated, and Halo 2 having an 'alternative option' date set for June.

Well looking at the registry entry for Bioshock 2 and Batman Arkham City have shown some interesting parallels.

Batman Arkham City

branches/qa_beta/pwdrequired: 1
branches/qa_beta/buildid: 83116
branches/qa_beta/description: QA Beta Branch

branches/dev_beta/pwdrequired: 1
branches/dev_beta/buildid: 48322
branches/dev_beta/description: Development Beta

branches/test_update_1/buildid: 47988 &#8250; 46882

Bioshock 2

branches/digitalextremes/pwdrequired: 1
branches/2kgamesqa/pwdrequired: 1
branches/Public/buildid: 62169
branches/digitalextremes/buildid: 62169
branches/2kgamesqa/buildid: 62169
branches/2kgamesqa/description:
branches/digitalextremes/description

launch/1/executable: MP\Builds\Binaries\BioShock2Launcher.exe &#8250; MP\Builds\Binaries\Bioshock2Launcher.exe
launch/0/executable: SP\Builds\Binaries\BioShock2Launcher.exe &#8250; SP\Builds\Binaries\Bioshock2Launcher.exe

So both games, done by different studios and publishers have updated their test builds within the last few hours. Both are pushing QA and their own internal test builds through daily.

Something big is happening very soon.

Interesting to note that the Bioshock 2 updates have been farmed out to Digital Extremes, the same guys behind Warframe. I'm going to shoot them an email and see if they have any information.

So... I was playing (keyword) Serious Sam 3 for cards for like 45 minutes, was wondering why I didn't receive a card, and saw that Steam was offline. Feeling pretty down.

Oh yeah, that means that.

*pauses Go Home Dinosaurs spitefully*

1nRJya0.gif

believe

Jay-Z song written 9 years ago as thread title joke? Grief this is not your A game
You're giving me summer sale banner hype. Also let's be Steam friends once it comes back online so I can see your Runner 2 scores on my leaderboards. The dude that was showing up on them previously must have stopped playing at World 3.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I guess I'm not going to be getting any cards while Steam is being resuscitated.

Convince me please.

Edit:
See you soon naranja.
Good thread title .exe
JaseC with DAT post count.

Ye ol' record book:

Top posters of past general Steam threads said:
2008 -> 2010:
ClovingWestbrook (RIP) with 532 posts (~2.42% of total)

2010 Thread 2:
Stallion Free with 320 posts (~4% of total)

2011 Thread 1:
SalsaShark with 545 posts (~2.73% of total)

2011 Thread 2:
SalsaShark with 617 posts (~3.09% of total)

2011 Thread 3:
JaseC with 429 posts (~2.89% of total)

2012 Thread 1:
SteveWinwood with 607 posts (~3.04% of total)

2012 Thread 2:
JaseC with 526 posts (~2.64% of total)

2012 Thread 3:
JaseC with 742 posts (~3.72% of total)

2012 Thread 4:
Stallion Free with 321 posts (~4.6% of total)

2013 Thread 1:
JaseC with 876 posts (~4.38% of total)

2013 Thread 2:
JaseC with 1,161 posts (~5.8% of total)

Ha, I was playing Super Meat Boy earlier, I thought it was weird I didn't get a single card. Welp.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
JaseC has an unfair advantage being Australian:

1) He racks up the scoreboard while everyone else is sleeping.

2) Australia has creatures that evolved with the express purpose of killing humans, so he stays in-doors.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's back.

2) Australia has creatures that evolved with the express purpose of killing humans, so he stays in-doors.

Both very true.

Salsa

to his credit he mastered the art of posting here while being upside down

cicero

It is my theory that JaseC is actually a she, specifically Saoirse herself, and all the avatar changes are merely the well-planned and plotted out guerrilla marketing campaign that took on a life of its own. Those BAFTA Award nominations don't just happen on their own...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom