• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Subscribed! Looking forward to hearing everyone's impressions of the final game :D

kubus

Wonderful OT! :D loving the little felynes in the headers <3

Can't wait to play this, I decided not to import MH4 and wait for the localized "ultimate" version and the waiting paid off :D

Coppanuva

I still don't know what weapon to main... I guess maybe Sword and Shield with Insect Glaive as a "try it out for fun" weapon. I also wanna try range and that Samus outfit is nice...

Isotope

I tried MH3 a while back; didn't like it too much. Played the MH4U demo; loved it, and am ready for when midnight rolls around to lose myself into yet another game.

Faiz

Looks good, Nachos!

Our copies on their way - UPS sometimes delivers early and sometimes late. It could be a rough day in this house haha

Picking it up tomorrow with N3DS and will probably be the first MH I really sink my teeth into. MH 3U and Freedom Unite finally clicked with me last year and deliver gameplay that is very satisfying from the several hours I spent with them. I can't help but think that my years of playing the Souls games has tempered me in some way where it concerns giving me the patience to approach these games correctly.

Also, haven't been following the game much outside of trying the demo and liking it. But god damn those are some crazy crossover goodies. I was not expecting that.

aka_bueno

I have never subscribed to a thread as fast and as hard (rock hard) like I did for this one. It's almost time brothers and sisters, almost time...

Happy hunting! MH N3DSXL is on its way to me for tomorrow night.

Are the crossover outfits confirmed for the US? If I remember correctly, they were also downloadable DLC in Japan, and not just on the cartridge, right? Not that it really matters, but it sure would be funny to dress up as other Nintendo characters. :p

B9rrb9rIIAATmXb.jpg

Let the hunts begin =D

Hellraider

Yeah, no wonder this got great reviews. It's super optimised for first timers. Tutorials and everything are a huge help this time.

Still too early to say anything. Both new weapons feel great, first area is lovely and the first hub looks amazing.

PS: I did all the weapon tutorial quests expecting to be rewarded with something but in the end I got nothing! T_T

Great job with the OT! Time to swap subscriptions, this will be our new home ehe

Feed me PMs of your Friend Codes! US, probably getting it tonight.

If you quote the first post you will see that nachos put a form and spreadsheet that I created when the demo came out, just fill it in and you will add your username and friend code there. We have almost 60 people on it as of now!

As an aside, if anyone needs an edit on their information, feel free to shoot a PM my way, and I will edit the info that you need for you. This is just so that no scrubs come into our Guild sheet and start screwing around with it /:

Looking forward to doing some hunting with you fine folks!

I have a weird hangup with this series and I wonder if someone can address it (maybe the demo would do that, not sure); I've never played one myself, and when I watched a GB QL of I think MH3, I didn't understand the hunting motivation. That is to say, why am I going out and murdering a bunch of animals that seem to be leaving everyone alone and going about their lives? I'm no PETA type but I struggle with violence toward animals, is that just my own psychology getting in the way?

Kanra

I'm happy that I'm getting the collectors edition tomorrow, but a part of me feels like I'm missing out since I'll be playing on a original 3DS. Ugh, I'm trying to resist the urge to buy one so bad.

I have a weird hangup with this series and I wonder if someone can address it (maybe the demo would do that, not sure); I've never played one myself, and when I watched a GB QL of I think MH3, I didn't understand the hunting motivation. That is to say, why am I going out and murdering a bunch of animals that seem to be leaving everyone alone and going about their lives? I'm no PETA type but I struggle with violence toward animals, is that just my own psychology getting in the way?
Because its a game and its fun.

la_briola

I hope some of you (you know who you are) who played the JP release of 4 with me (not G, which I skipped in favor of this) are back for 4U!

Ryuuga

Banned

Monsters are usually causing trouble for whatever village you just happen to be a part of or stumble upon. Though motivation is more of an afterthought and becomes:

2572.gif

The monsters are assholes and attack on sight so you feel less bad over time. Just don't kill the nice things that don't bother you. THAT shit will haunt you.

Damn I'm excited for this game. It's eclipsed Majora's Mask, even!

Copy apparently shipped this morning. It won't be long now. Let the glorious battle between hunting and productivity begin!

ItemIcon030g.png

I just can't wait to get my hands on my bundle. Granted I will have to wait until I'm done school in the afternoon, go home, do the system transfer, and only then play... Tomorrow is gonna be a long day.

I really want to play this game tonight. But I'm only (possibly) getting a N3DS tomorrow.

Question: If I we're to buy the digital version tonight on my Old normal 3DS can I transfer my game+progress to the N3DS when I get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom