• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads | September 2017

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I wouldn't call it a "must-have" but I do enjoy playing the SNES Pilot Wings when traveling on my 3DS.

The big essential title you're missing from the list is Super Metroid,

You know, I've never actually finished Super Metroid. I should definitely grab that.

I'll be traveling a LOT on train in Europe, so lots of "longer-ish" games are totally good in my book.

Curious about Steamworld Dig 2. Need to read more about it.

Fellow rhythm game fans, don't forget that Deemo comes out in Japan this week. I've never played it but rhythm games always have my attention.

Speaking of rhythm games, Superbeat Xonic comes out in 2 weeks for Switch? This completely flew over my head. Didn't know it was so soon.

I picked up Cursed Castilla on PS4 and just read it's on the 3DS eShop, too...AND it's on sale, at least in NA. Really fun game with that old school Ghosts 'n Goblins gameplay.

jariw

Yeah, that's the one.

I studied the map. There's only three rows on the map, but four rows of tombstones to pass by. The tombstones always go underwater as you pass them by, whether you got them right or not, but you're supposed to follow a specific path.
I couldn't figure out what the correct path was 100%… just sort of accidentally got it in the end.

I finally solved it! Brilliant puzzle... It's not a map per se,
it describes how you should pass the opened and half-closed eyes.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Speaking of rhythm games, Superbeat Xonic comes out in 2 weeks for Switch? This completely flew over my head. Didn't know it was so soon.

I'm PSYCHED about Superbeat. DJ Max Portable was my GOTY every year it was on PSP, LOVE that series. Superbeat looks awesome.

GameFly is saying that it comes out in November. Where are you seeing an October release date? I see that on Reddit, but I honestly don't see that posted anywhere else.

EDIT: yeah Amazon and Best Buy both show a November 14th release date, freaking bummer. Unless the digital version is coming out a whole month+ before the physical version, I think that October date is wrong. BUMMERRRR!

I'm PSYCHED about Superbeat. DJ Max Portable was my GOTY every year it was on PSP, LOVE that series. Superbeat looks awesome.

GameFly is saying that it comes out in November. Where are you seeing an October release date? I see that on Reddit, but I honestly don't see that posted anywhere else.

EDIT: yeah Amazon and Best Buy both show a November 14th release date, freaking bummer. Unless the digital version is coming out a whole month+ before the physical version, I think that October date is wrong. BUMMERRRR!

I saw it at a few places. Here's one of them, which is their facebook (which was posted back in July):

https://m.facebook.com/XONICSuperbe...41828.277422886007582/364089670674236/?type=3

They make it sound as if it's coming out in NA first in October. If the date changed, they haven't officially said anything :(

Especially since we know virtually nothing about it.
Well, GameInformer did a feature:

- features a serious story that plays out over 8 different courses
- each environment features courses, towns, characters, and secrets
- you can drop a ball at any time and hit it
- towns have practice greens and challenges
- also play traditional golf and compete in tournaments
- your golfer is on a quest to go pro
- you need to level up to improve stats and equipment
- blades make your distances more consistent, but are more punishing on inaccurate hits
- digging wedge can be used to dig up treasures, old golf clubs, and more
- storytelling and challenges can play into your golf game
- saving a family of turtles at one point can have them turn up on a course to help you
- there will also be puzzle solving, drone fights, geocaching, mini-golf, and mowing
- mowing is done to fix up a course to make it tournament-ready
- the first chapter involves mowing, researching course maintenance, taking care of critters which might be possessed, and convincing a celebrity golfer to compete
- one part of the game has you dealing with ghosts haunting a course
- you take on a ghost challenge where you have to complete his course
- in this section, you have to find each tee to play the hole
- ghosts will try to use your golfing abilities to their benefit
- gators will try to steal your golf balls
- you'll have to light your golf ball on fire to melt ice blocks concealing some holes
- HD rumble used on and off the golf course
- will be releasing in "just a few weeks"

watershed

Banned
Man, Steamworld Dig 2 comes out in a few days and it seems like there is zero anticipation for it both on gaf and in the videogame community in general. It looks awesome but they haven't shown much of the game at all. I hope they step up the promotion and get people excited. At the moment, it's not even in the 'coming soon' section of the Switch eshop.

jariw

Man, Steamworld Dig 2 comes out in a few days and it seems like there is zero anticipation for it both on gaf and in the videogame community in general. It looks awesome but they haven't shown much of the game at all. I hope they step up the promotion and get people excited. At the moment, it's not even in the 'coming soon' section of the Switch eshop.

It's in the EU eShop section since yesterday at least.

Some recent videos I found, if you need to know more about the game:

Nintendo at Gamescom (25 min):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqXtX1NVchA

Interview with Brjann from Gamescom (18 min)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KW5RKHN7sQ

Gameplay from PAX West (GameXPlain):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APUao-Vdfbs

8 min direct feed gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWZrm7uq9_E

That last point indicates mid to late-October too.

It doesn't indicates much for a printed monthly magazine. For example, they could have made the interview at PAX West and published it now.

daxy

It looks good from what I've seen of it, but I've had my fill of Steamworld with the first game. Even though its core mechanics were really solid and I enjoyed the game, I was glad to move on by the end of SWD1 and didn't really feel like I wanted any more of it. Now, if they'd bring that tactical game over...

jariw

It looks good from what I've seen of it, but I've had my fill of Steamworld with the first game. Even though its core mechanics were really solid and I enjoyed the game, I was glad to move on by the end of SWD1 and didn't really feel like I wanted any more of it. Now, if they'd bring that tactical game over...

FWIW, the tactical game is also named Steamworld.

And Steamworld Dig 2 is supposedly a different game, not a DLC to Dig 1. The underworld in Dig 1 was randomly generated, the underworld in Dig 2 is created by level designers.

TheMoon

Dig 2 is full-on Metroidvania-style with actual combat now.

jariw

Here are some dates listed for digital titles on the NoE eShop for October:
Axiom Verge - October 05 (IIRC, the physical version will arrive later)
Tiny Barbarian DX - October 10
88 Heroes: 98 Heroes Edition - October 12

Most stuff on the coming soon-list are now retail releases, but it's kind of funny that FIFA 18 isn't yet listed (it releases next week).

Titles that I believe are digital-only, currently marked as TBD on the NoE eShop are:
Earth Atlantis
The Count Locator
Astro Bears Party
The Sparke2 evo
Hollow
One More Dungeon

deleted

Really looking forward to Thimbleweed Park - is the Nintendo - Paypal promotion still going on? I can't access the site for some reason... That would be the difference between day one and sale for me...

zigg

I want Dig 2 so hard, but I'm also a TINY BIT BUSY playing BRAND NEW 2D METROID IN 2017

TheMoon

Really looking forward to Thimbleweed Park - is the Nintendo - Paypal promotion still going on? I can't access the site for some reason... That would be the difference between day one and sale for me...

yes, it ends on the 25th

remember you can also just charge eShop funds worth the minimum of 20 with it (you have to activate the promotion in your account though, if you don't do that through the offer-site first, you could spend 1million paypal bucks and not get anything reduced)

daxy

Dig 2 is full-on Metroidvania-style with actual combat now.

FWIW, the tactical game is also named Steamworld.

And Steamworld Dig 2 is supposedly a different game, not a DLC to Dig 1. The underworld in Dig 1 was randomly generated, the underworld in Dig 2 is created by level designers.

Oh wow. That completely passed me by. Guess it's back on my radar.

deleted

yes, it ends on the 25th

remember you can also just charge eShop funds worth the minimum of 20 with it (you have to activate the promotion in your account though, if you don't do that through the offer-site first, you could spend 1million paypal bucks and not get anything reduced)

okay, the "paypal.de/nintendo" promotion told me I had already all of the applicable discounts. Weird, I hope I can see the discount before I buy the game then.

TheMoon

okay, the "paypal.de/nintendo" promotion told me I had already all of the applicable discounts. Weird, I hope I can see the discount before I buy the game then.

check your actual paypal account. your wallet (guthaben) section specifically. it will look like this:

paypesheru1w.jpg

zroid

Banned
for various reasons I haven't got around to buying any indie games on switch yet. but steamworld dig 2 is a no-brainer day one purchase. I loved the first one that much!

zigg

for various reasons I haven't got around to buying any indie games on switch yet. but steamworld dig 2 is a no-brainer day one purchase. I loved the first one that much!
I have bought

so many

I'm sure several members of this thread have me beat though

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I have bought

so many

I'm sure several members of this thread have me beat though
Hereby I confirm zigg has bought a metric ton of indie games ;p

Weng

unbenannt29qu77.png

It's not there :(

This is the screen I get if I wanna use it though.
I'm getting the same message and I know why: at the bottom of the news post for the paypal promotion it says it is limited to the first 6500 customers.

chronomac

Inversus Deluxe is coming on the 28th. So here's how next week looks for NA:

• Sine Mora EX (September 26)
  • Mario Bros. (September 27)
  • Brave Dungeon + Dark Witch's Story: Combat (September 28)
  • Conga Master Party! (September's 28)
  • Astro Bears Party (September 28)
  • Picross S (September 28)
  • Inversus Deluxe (September 28)
  • FIFA 18 (September 29)
  • One Piece: Unlimited World Red (September 29)
September is packed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Gimme a release date on arcade Punch Out. Seriously hope this means that the arcade Super Punch Out gets ported as well.

Heck, I hope this leads to more interesting arcade games like Radarscope or Duck Hunt where you could actually shoot the dog or super obscure stuff like Sky Skipper. I might even give in & get Sheriff since I really enjoyed the WarioWare version.

.............you don't suppose they could cheat & say something like Mario Kart GP or F-Zero AX could be considered "Arcade Archive"??

jariw

Inversus Deluxe is coming on the 28th. So here's how next week looks for NA:

• Sine Mora EX (September 26)
  • Mario Bros. (September 27)
  • Brave Dungeon + Dark Witch's Story: Combat (September 28)
  • Conga Master Party! (September’s 28)
  • Astro Bears Party (September 28)
  • Picross S (September 28)
  • Inversus Deluxe (September 28)
  • FIFA 18 (September 29)
  • One Piece: Unlimited World Red (September 29)
September is packed.

And Deemo on September 28, for both NoA and NoE:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...cal_flourish_to_the_nintendo_switch_next_week

Bought Deemo from the Japan store. I'm a sucker for rhythm games!

This is my first time playing. Never played the mobile version.

There's a story to the game. I skipped the first cutscene only to get right into the gameplay, but thankfully there's a way to view a cutscene later, which I'll do when I get back to playing.

Gameplay is touchscreen only but it's been said a big update will come later in the year that will introduce controller support.

Gameplay is similar to Voez but not interactive. If you've played or seen Voez, you see that the play field will sometimes move along with the music. Deemo doesn't have this (as far as I know).

You can adjust the volume of the BGM or the keysounds. There are also speed mods.

Speaking of volume, it's too low IMO. Also, there are times you would hear static/crackling. When using headphones, this all goes away so I highly recommend using them.

They said there are 200 songs included in the game. When you first start, there are 2 collections with 1 song in each. You unlock songs by, I assume, progressing with the story aka by playing more songs. Someone who has more experience with Deemo can clarify everything.

Some screenshots:

mrsis.jpg
ums5x.jpg
lns8b.jpg
byst3.jpg

The majority of songs are classical, yes? If so, that's something else to consider when purchasing.

If you're new, give the free mobile game a try so you can decide if it's for you.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch

- Pokkén Tournament DX – Take direct control of one of more than 20 prized Pokémon fighters to defeat other Pokémon in arena fights. Call upon Support Pokémon to assist in the fight, then unleash your Pokémon's unique Burst Attack to climb atop the ranks. With new modes and new ways to battle with friends*, this is your chance to become champion of the Ferrum Region! The Pokkén Tournament DX game will be available on Sept. 22.
- SteamWorld Dig 2 – The SteamWorld Dig 2 game takes you on a platform mining adventure. When an old trading town is struck by mysterious earthquakes, it’s up to a lone steambot and her unlikely companion to uncover what trembling terrors lie beneath. Dig your way underground and explore vivid worlds riddled with treasure, secrets and traps.
- Flip Wars – Software Update – Fans that are enjoying the multiplayer fun of Flip Wars can now enjoy a free update. Once downloaded, the update adds a new stage, new mechanics, local wireless multiplayer, Class Matches and a new online** battle mode.

Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS

- Pokémon Gold Version / Pokémon Silver Version – When initially launched on the Game Boy Color system, the Pokémon Gold Version and Pokémon Silver Version games continued to expand the Pokémon universe, adding 100 Pokémon, held items, Pokémon eggs and real-time events thanks to an internal game clock. Now, a new feature lets you trade and battle Pokémon in 2D using local wireless on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Pokémon Gold Version and Pokémon Silver Version will be available on Sept. 22.
Also, as a bonus for purchasing one of these great games for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, Trainers will get a code*** that unlocks the Mythical Pokémon Celebi in their Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon game. Or, Trainers can hold on to the code and use it in either of the upcoming Pokémon Ultra Sun or Pokémon Ultra Moon games when they launch on Nov. 17. Purchase the Pokémon Gold Version or Pokémon Silver Version game in Nintendo eShop by Jan. 15, 2018, to receive a bonus digital code for a Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu theme inspired by the version you bought.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Activities:

- Pokémon Gold Version / Pokémon Silver Version – If you purchase Pokémon Gold Version or Pokémon Silver Version at either GameStop, Best Buy or Amazon.com, you will receive a bonus Pokémon Gold Version and Pokémon Silver Version inspired Nintendo 3DS HOME menu theme.****

Also new this week:

- LEGO NINJAGO Movie Video Game (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Sept. 22
- DRAGON BALL Xenoverse 2 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Sept. 22
- Sine Mora EX (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Sept. 26
- ACA NEOGEO Art of Fighting (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Arcade Archives Mario Bros. (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Sept. 27
- Thimbleweed Park (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Soldam: Drop, Connect, Erase (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Frutakia 2 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- GUIDE THE GHOST (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- 36 Fragments of Midnight (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Chew Man Fu (Virtual Console for Wii U)
- Shockman (Virtual Console for Wii U)

Top Bottom