• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that I had a lack of tanks so I decided to remedy that and put in some farming time, I put Nidus, Inaros, and Valkyr in the oven in that order one after the other.

So the other day I took Nidus out of the oven. Had a blast playing him in the sortie 3 defense that same day.

KeTjtNK.jpg

For the first time I felt like an integral part of the team. So powerful. Everyone huddled behind me with the operative in a small spawn room while I blocked the door and the others shot powers through. That shot is from right outside said door. I'm like, wow, he feels so OP when his mutation gets going. So this is what a tank feels like? It was so foreign for me to not be too squishy during sorties.

Next day while having fun with Nudus...

Bing! Oh, Inaros is done baking... Oh alright I'll take a break from Nidus kun and level him up for MR I guess. Lets see how he pla...

Woody-Harrelson-What-Stare.gif

I have a new found respect for daggers and finishers. That same day I carried the team on the sortie 3 assassinate. I held off nearly all of the reinforcements while everyone else focused on the stupid vulnerability windows of the boss.

I've since carried several matches to the finish solo because everyone else ran out of spawns and where waiting in purgatory to see if I made it. Feels so flipping good to do that.

I immediately plopped the Anubis helmet on him and that combined with his agile animation set makes him look like a flipping werewolf. I can't stop playing him lol. He's such a joy because I get to use his powers and my weapons as well where with Nidus I felt like I was more focused on building stacks and keeping them up with just my powers and neglecting my hard earned weapons and builds. But I still love them both. I now don't feel so bad that I missed out on Rino Prime.

I keep getting pleasantly surprised by frames and how different each play and what roles they fill. Wonder if anything will top Inaros though. Valkyr is coming out of the oven next.

What are some melee weapons with quick finishers? I have the sheev finally and it is pretty quick with fury. Previously I knocked out the heat dagger and karyst for MR and got rid of them. Any swords or stuff other than daggers that have a good speed/damage trade off on finishers that I should be holding on to?

Nothing really beats daggers for finishers thanks to covert lethality. Rakta dark dagger is technically the best of the bunch but its really all about that mod.

I agree inaros is a rocking good time. The high armor, no shields gameplay using rage is great. This especially will get more relevant after the focus rework.

Valkyr is more straightforward in her abilities. The 1 is sorta useless, but 2 gives a boatload of armor and melee speed. 3 is a cheap stun and nice for getting finishers. Her 4 skill makes you invincible and has innate lifestrike.

Manzoon

Banned

I was not a fan of him at first, and then I hit 30 with him and scarab swarm hit max power. Why yes, I will lock down an entire room of enemies while regaining life for me and my allies. I'm looking forward to playing Nidus today, just gotta pull him out of the oven.

I have the Anubis helm bp as well, but I can't make it till I get more nitain, Vauban Prime took TWENTY to cook.

Izayoi

Banned
My first login bonus after all these years....

50 Endo! Hooray! Guess I get to slum it like everyone else until I get that discount.

Nordicus

I was going to make Vauban or Oberon my first Prime to replace my vanillas, possibly even Valkyr if I got her drops that much more easily, but it looks like my first Prime frame is gonna be Saryn.

During Fissures, I got all her rarer drops first, because I snap pick rare rolls when I don't have the item, and before I knew it, I only had her Systems bp left, which is so common it's only worth like 2-4 plat and I had 2 relics that commonly drop it.

All the parts now in the oven.
I was not a fan of him at first, and then I hit 30 with him and scarab swarm hit max power.
Kinda same for me with Titania.

Her #4 is a DPS skill, so that starting at less that 1/3 of its final damage, does not show how she is supposed to shred health bars with proper primary weapon mods.

Yeah, Nidus and Inaros are both tons of fun. I really, REALLY like Nidus, he's definietly my default frame, especially specced so you can cast 1 and 2 as often as you want w/o running out of mana (I spam 1 like crazy). It definitely does lead to a "don't use your weapons at *all*, just focus on casting a smart 2, then spamming 1, build them mutation stacks!" gameplay style... your equipment is basically irrelevant.

I sort of think of them as Nidus = tank in the "you're tough enough to survive long enough to hit your localized CC and kill everything yourself" sense, while Inaros = tank in the "it's damn near impossible to actually die, and you hit huge CC so other people can make their kills" sense

goblin

I hope Baro isn't offering anything I want tomorrow because Divinity has stolen away all my ducat time.

Kinda same for me with Titania.

Her #4 is a DPS skill, so that starting at less that 1/3 of its final damage, does not show how she is supposed to shred health bars with proper primary weapon mods.

Titania is a frame I think I'd love if she didn't lose Vacuum from Razorwing.

I will say that as much as I like Inaros, his passive sarcophagus revive needs scaling damage. It always did, but it's even more noticeable now that instant self-rezz is a thing and once Nidus has built up stacks he doesn't even get put into bleedout.

Inaros is also excellent with just about any melee considering how finishers work. Slap a hammer on there for extra fun because hammers have a 6x multiplier on their damage when performing a finisher.

Also on the subject of his revive, note that if an enemy you're targeting is killed near you, it'll fill up your bar. Swing your view around to tag multiple enemies that will inevitably die when (well, if) a teammate comes to rescue you.

Manzoon

Banned
Inaros is also excellent with just about any melee considering how finishers work. Slap a hammer on there for extra fun because hammers have a 6x multiplier on their damage when performing a finisher.

Also on the subject of his revive, note that if an enemy you're targeting is killed near you, it'll fill up your bar. Swing your view around to tag multiple enemies that will inevitably die when (well, if) a teammate comes to rescue you.

Damn, didn't realize it worked on anything you tagged. That is good to know.

Just did a fissure defense with Nidus and had like 28 mutation stacks after a couple of well timed power uses. All my powers were at rank 1, but man I see that potential.

Valkyr finished building....oh man I love this frame!!

Also the attack speed on my Broken War is at 1.30 I can't even keep up with how fast I swing this damn thing jesus O_O

Nordicus

Warframe is trying to have a Prime Time stream with Lephantis boss and the Corpus head keeps bugging out and making the fight unwinnable.

Good

Apparently this is already a really old issue. I certainly had to redo the fight half a dozen times to beat it depite the boss itself being quite easy. The more pressure DE gets to fix this, the better.

Naite

Today's sortie 3 was interesting. Connected to a laggy host that was afk while the rest of us killed Alad. Got a rare mod and made it to extraction while waiting for my teammates. Host disconnected and instead of connecting to a new host, it connected me to another laggy game that was in the middle of fighting Alad. Killed him and got a shitty Gunslinger mod. The rest of the tileset was laid out exactly like the one I was previously on.

And of course I got another Ayatan.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
this riven mod

complete a defense mission with level 30+ enemies without letting the defense target take ANY damage, while wearing a bleeding dragon key

how about no?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Limbo would be the best really. Every other method is ruined by one stray shot.

VandalD

How do I go about applying for the NeoGAF clan? I'll be home in like two hours.

Warframe alias is Yinwaru.
You just did! Invite is waiting for you. After you join, you could look into building a clan key at your ship's foundry. That will let you access the clan's dojo on the star map, which gives you access to a lot more weapons and frames, provided you have the mastery rank to use them.
Game's so fast my CPU can't keep up, I keep running forward for like 5-10 sec whenever I let go of the W key, lol.
That's the kind of thing that happens if I forget another game is open when I run Warframe. Maybe there's something running that's demanding high priority on CPU processing that you can turn off. Just a thought.

CdgYB6o.jpg

8tEmTvw.jpg

Nothing new at all. Not bad for the newbies though.

Limbo would be the best really. Every other method is ruined by one stray shot.

Banshee with resonating quake keeps them from even getting into the room on Akkad.

Baro today: Primed Point Blank and Pistol Gambit. Get them. You need them. Everything else is a cosmetic or get it if you have extra... Only hard pass is a Stalker beacon because you're going to get the stalker the most often. I'd even put the G3 beacon as a pass because they always spawn in LoR.

A note you can get the fire dual stats from Spy missions.

Rafy

Time to do some more Ducat farming, and credit runs in the Index...

I'll get the the dual Stat mods too. I've gotten better at Spy missions, but I still hate doing them.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so I assume I should pick up primed point blank and primed pistol gambit from that list

anything else good on that list?

Strider

This will be my first time being able to actually buy stuff from Baro. Redeemed what I could and I'm at 610 ducats... Guess I'll go for Primed Point Blank first then try and farm up some more ducats for Primed Pistol Gambit... Not sure I'll be able to get enough for anything else.

I need to farm credits as well. Currently broke as hell sitting on 2.6k lol Trade taxes have killed me the last couple of days.

I have ducats but I'm credit poor T_T

Farming relics is a PITA. Been farming these last two relics for Valkyr prime for the past 4hrs only got two...sigh

Manzoon

Banned
This will be my first time being able to actually buy stuff from Baro. Redeemed what I could and I'm at 610 ducats... Guess I'll go for Primed Point Blank first then try and farm up some more ducats for Primed Pistol Gambit... Not sure I'll be able to get enough for anything else.

I need to farm credits as well. Currently broke as hell sitting on 2.6k lol Trade taxes have killed me the last couple of days.

Akkad on Eris has been my preferred credit farming mission, first five waves of an infested defense will net 24-28k credits. Going for longer isn't quite as efficient but you'll get relics pretty consistently.

Yeah, if you can only get one, then primed point blank is the one to get. Keep in mind that maxing a primed mod is about 1.9M credits and a little over 40,000 Endo, so no rush. You'll have to forma weapons a few times to really get the most out of them.

I'm kind of glad he doesn't have anything I want. I might pick up the primed fast hands, but realistically I would never use that mod. I think he always has Sands of Inaros, so no rush on that either.

Seeing a video of someone having 600M+ credits makes me sad. Like... I don't think I've ever made that much in my 660+ hours of playing.

Strider

Akkad on Eris has been my preferred credit farming mission, first five waves of an infested defense will net 24-28k credits. Going for longer isn't quite as efficient but you'll get relics pretty consistently.

Yeah, if you can only get one, then primed point blank is the one to get. Keep in mind that maxing a primed mod is about 1.9M credits and a little over 40,000 Endo, so no rush. You'll have to forma weapons a few times to really get the most out of them.

I'm kind of glad he doesn't have anything I want. I might pick up the primed fast hands, but realistically I would never use that mod. I think he always has Sands of Inaros, so no rush on that either.

Thanks for the tip... And yea Credits + Endo have been the hardest things to come by for me at this point. I'm constantly running out... So not gonna be concerned about leveling the primed mods up at all just yet but wanna make sure I have them for when the time comes.

Izayoi

Banned
Guess I got a little gung-ho, started trying to buy stuff at MR0... It was a learning experience!

People in-game give you a REALLY hard time about using prices from warframe.market and I was unable to locate anyone on the site in-game.

Also, controller support for PC is TERRIBLE. I'm having a really hard time getting the PS4 controller to work the way I want via Steam. Auto-aim does not work, even when properly enabled in the menu. Does anyone know of any good guides or resources for configuring a DS4 for PC Warframe? In addition, the fact the game basically shuts off the keyboard when you have a controller plugged in is really fucking annoying.

You just did! Invite is waiting for you. After you join, you could look into building a clan key at your ship's foundry. That will let you access the clan's dojo on the star map, which gives you access to a lot more weapons and frames, provided you have the mastery rank to use them.
Wonderful, thank you so much!

Mods and Prisma Grakata bought. I had more ducat-worthy stuff that I realized.

Also, controller support for PC is TERRIBLE. I'm having a really hard time getting the PS4 controller to work the way I want via Steam. Auto-aim does not work, even when properly enabled in the menu. Does anyone know of any good guides or resources for configuring a DS4 for PC Warframe? In addition, the fact the game basically shuts off the keyboard when you have a controller plugged in is really fucking annoying.

I've been playing with DS4 using the basic no-frills gamepad configuration (not the official config) and it's working well enough, with autoaim. The mostly missing keyboard functionality is indeed super annoying and they should revamp their input system to allow input from any active device. I lost some prime parts in a defense fissure when I was trying to type something in chat and the relic choice window came up; the UI got stuck, no keys or buttons worked, the other guys left and I was alone -> ragequit. The UI getting stuck is no news, but I'm pretty sure the controller/kb mixup had something to do with it in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom