• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Did dancers take any hits? Trying to decide which of the two dancers to bring. It seems double dancer BB combo is a new favorite to beat GHBs because the same setup made infernal Legion trivial.
Mine didn't. You need 1 WoM at least.

I just said fuck it and beat Infernal with Azura, B.Cordelia, Rein and Zephial.

Zephial baited and took hits as well as killed one of the axe fliers.

I was using an all Fliers team at first and was coming very close, however I lost about 10 times before I gave into the brave bow beast.

Whew. I did it!

Went with +Atk Innes using his Nidhogg, TA3 Xander, Reinhardt, and Wings of Mercy Olivia.

After Xander took out the Axe and wounded the Archer I had him Reciprocate his health to Reinhardt which got Xander back to high health and more importantly Reinhardt to WoM range and Innes got there by baiting and killing the wounded archer. After that it was a lot of dancing and positioning.

Was pretty intense, but I liked it. Can you imagine someone starting the game for the first time with Hero Fest and then try to face this?

Ondore

I hope that strat can work: my only Brave Bow archer that's ready to go is a 5* -Atk Klein and I've got Ninian instead of Azura.

They don't mention this but it seems important that Rein has Lancebreaker for their strategy. I tried it with my Rein who has even higher Atk then theirs with DB3 and he can't kill the cavalry lancer in one round.

Lancebreaker is one of his best B slot skills if not the best. Lots of high res lancers in the game.

Lets him eat a single lance hit in case of emergency too.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Finally managed to clear Infernal Valter with a flier team, that map was nuts!

Was cool to see Summer Corrin come in handy already, she pulled the red mage on the left straight away and used Desperation to take out the archer. But putting Axebreaker on Spring Camilla was really what pushed things over the edge, since it allowed her to take out all the stupid 40 Res green fliers at the top of the map. After that it just came down to threading the needle with Draw Back and Reposition to avoid hits and the million units with Panic Ploy.

They are really pushing the limits of what non-merged teams are able to accomplish with these inflated enemy stats.

Mupod

You don't need two dancers. I did with the one dancer and BB you can see my builds in the vid I posted earlier.

yeah, I've tried doing exactly what you did multiple times, and the archer does not behave the same way for me. He always walks up instead of left. What.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
yeah, I've tried doing exactly what you did multiple times, and the archer does not behave the same way for me. He always walks up instead of left. What.
Why are you surprised? A handful of just stat changes can alter the movement.

Sölf

Finally beat Infernal Valter. Cost me ~3-4 Stamina Pots. Did it with Xander, Cordelia, Nino and Azura. I teached Nino Escape Route and Azura Sol and Def+3 (the latter was totally useless, as the Firesweep Flier moved differently when I had that equipped instead of her usual Spd+3).

I can't remember the whole strategy, but it was much trial and error. Azura still needed a +3 HP seal, a 2 HP heal from Sol and even then only survived the whole thing with 1 HP. God, so much trial and error but it felt sooo good once I beat it. <3

Vena

He moves towards the defensively weakest unit with the lowest HP. They are *up* he'll move up, if they are to the left of Robin he'll move *left*.

Check your stats.

My Cordelia is his "bait" from a far. if I switched her and Nino, he'd move up.

Doing some of these maps without Reinhardt is difficult
How far are you guys in tempest, im at 42k, is that low? im doing three attempts per day, 2nd hardest, not good enough for hardest one

Mupod

Finally.

rGjnZdc.jpg

No Bridelia? Have a Struggle Taco:

The key was to rush the bottom left and take out Valter and all the troublesome reinforcements as they spawned. Desperation Linde did all the heavy lifting, although Olivia had to whack the axe reinforcement a couple times. Things started looking up once I got rid of that mounted red mage. Meanwhile, Takumi took out all the flier reinforcements one by one by himself up top.

The Rally Speed on Takumi was for one purpose, and that was to give Linde just enough speed to double the red mage reinforcement. Otherwise it would've killed her on the counter.

Pretty happy that I was able to beat it without using any feathers as they are in short supply right now. I only had one brave bow too, and Takumi was my only leveled archer.

lt519

Finally.

No Bridelia? Have a Struggle Taco:

The key was to rush the bottom left and take out Valter and all the troublesome reinforcements as they spawned. Desperation Linde did all the heavy lifting, although Olivia had to whack the axe reinforcement a couple times. Things started looking up once I got rid of that mounted red mage. Meanwhile, Takumi took out all the flier reinforcements one by one by himself up top.

The Rally Speed on Takumi was for one purpose, and that was to give Linde just enough speed to double the red mage reinforcement. Otherwise it would've killed her on the counter.

Pretty happy that I was able to beat it without using any feathers as they are in short supply right now. I only had one brave bow too, and Takumi was my only leveled archer.

Nice! Congrats. I've wanted a Takumi since day one (and a Hector). I had a feeling like I mentioned a Linde/Olivia combo would be pretty deadly here.

Mathematics

Neo Member
Best archer I got is Clarisse. Probably will wait until 2x SP to level my Titania to 5* and hope she can take it down with the rest of my horse team

Scum

Congrats to everyone who has managed this GHB.
Bollocks to it though. My units' stats is screwing up the order in which the AI moves it units. Damn you, bane & boon stats!
LLShC.gif

Busaiku

Horse Emblem dominated infernal. Rein takes out red mage, Camus repositions. Xander bait kills axe and arrow. Rein gets attacked by Lance and survives. Rein kills valter, Camus repositions, Titania kills lance. Xander comes back to the group. Rein kills armor, keep Xander low left to deal with axe. Move entire group to the right and take care of the two axe with Xander and Rein can be help/finish off mage.

Took me two tries, was the same strategy as Lunatic. Lost the first time to the final mage showing up killing a very weak Rein. Next time I just made sure Camus was in range for Goad.

Made a video, this is why I like Titania over Cecilia and that's coming from someone that just spent 46k feathers on Cecilia.

https://youtu.be/kidjpf2TXgc
I just did this, thanks.

So what's a good build for Valter? I was thinking since he has Fury 2 built in to his weapon I would go cheap and equip Life and Death 2 and maybe Vantage for his B skill to proc from Fury and keep panic ploy at his C. The penalty of Life and death is halved by the Fury 2 bonus of his weapon so he would still have 32 def and there's no saving his res anyway so what's 17 vs 21.

Going to wait and see what Lady Luck brings me on my next banner but I think Valter is going to be my next bonus unit.

champloo

So what's a good build for Valter? I was thinking since he has Fury 2 built in to his weapon I would go cheap and equip Life and Death 2 and maybe Vantage for his B skill to proc from Fury and keep panic ploy at his C. The penalty of Life and death is halved by the Fury 2 bonus of his weapon so he would still have 32 def and there's no saving his res anyway so what's 17 vs 21.

Going to wait and see what Lady Luck brings me on my next banner but I think Valter is going to be my next bonus unit.

His Cursed Lance does not have Fury 2 though, it only grants atk&spd +2.

StAidan

Well heck, I kind of figured I'd never have a reason to replace my +atk/-hp Tharja, since the only IV that might be superior is +spd/-hp, and what are my chances of pulling one of those? But sure enough, I now have a +spd/-hp Tharja from the blade banner.

What a horrible dilemma, the +atk version has been a faithful ally of mine for a long time, and is currently level 44. Which direction do I merge in? Not sure I can make the choice...

champloo

Well heck, I kind of figured I'd never have a reason to replace my +atk/-hp Tharja, since the only IV that might be superior is +spd/-hp, and what are my chances of pulling one of those? But sure enough, I now have a +spd/-hp Tharja from the blade banner.

What a horrible dilemma, the +atk version has been a faithful ally of mine for a long time, and is currently level 44. Which direction do I merge in? Not sure I can make the choice...

If you merge the +atk one into the +spd one, she will inherit everything and be at +5, you won't lose anything.

StAidan

If you merge the +atk one into the +spd one, she will inherit everything and be at +5, so you won't lose anything.

Yeah, the horrible dilemma is mainly which IV I want to keep. I feel like the +spd could be a nice improvement, but the atk has really come in handy in the past.

Maybe the solution is to keep both and merge them both up to level 50 over time ;)

His Cursed Lance does not have Fury 2 though, it only grants atk&spd +2.

Dang you're right I read somewhere mentioning fury 2 as his weapon ability and combined with the +2 to stats and loss of 4 health i just missed it in the description. So that would be 30 def 15 res with that combo, and 54 Atk 37 spd.

champloo

Yeah, the horrible dilemma is mainly which IV I want to keep. I feel like the +spd could be a nice improvement, but the atk has really come in handy in the past.

Maybe the solution is to keep both and merge them both up to level 50 over time ;)

Oh I thought you didn't know that lol. Personally I prefer +spd especially with a lot of merging, need more consistent doubling to kill those stat inflated baddies in PvE.

Ondore

Got to 100k in the Tempest and polished off some Chain Challenges on Lunatic to burn a pity rate on Nohrian Summer (4.5%). Got three gray, tried to see if I could get a better archer.

Well, I got an archer all right... Atk- Def+ Faye. Womp womp.

ggx2ac

I just noticed your character's icon becomes shiny if you get them to level 50. Assuming this only applies to 5*.

Edit: Here you can see it: (Nino is at level 50)

Edit: Finally beat Infernal Valter... used all infantry units.

I just noticed your character's icon becomes shiny if you get them to level 50. Assuming this only applies to 5*.

Edit: Here you can see it: (Nino is at level 50)

Edit: Finally beat Infernal Valter... used all infantry units.

EDIT: Oh wait I see it now...it was hard to tell.

Trunx28

dammit, can't beat infernal .. My team is 2 4* Olivias (no WoM), 1 Rein, 1 Klein. Reinhardt seems to be not strong enough to take out the red units in one hit :(

RIP my pity rate on the Tempest banner. Really wanted Sonya to round out the mage trio but my streak was broken by a +HP/-Spd Julia

This is my 5th Julia and only one of them hasn't been -Atk or -Spd. Could one of them have been good at least? They're merged into a +HP/-Res one smh

redcrayon

That Valter battle was tough for me, just cleared hard mode, will try infernal later on.

Did anyone notice that reinforcements can change depending on what you deploy? I was experimenting with team setups and as soon as I deployed Hector, the first red enemy reinforcement at the bottom became an armour unit instead of the previous archer or cavalry. I noticed that cavalry seemed more inclined to spawn at the bottom and infantry mages/fliers at the top for my team, and so I went with Xander, Cecelia, Reinhardt and Michalis, the latter being a flying green tank that meant I could rush Valter and his accompanying blue cavalry and defeat the southern units quickly. That meant I had more room to manouver at the bottom, could use my high movement to get the match-ups I want or evade if necessary, and could defeat the remaining reinforcements piecemeal as they came down from the top. Most of the units seemed really strong though, I only made it through by the skin of my teeth with some of my strongest units. That Cursed Lance is nasty, taking out Valter early on seemed like the only way for my team to handle it.

Good to see a variety of potential solutions here though.

Finally pulled one of my favorite characters Lilina.

This would be a time for celebration if I didn't have her twin sister Sanaki with perfect IVs (+RES,-DEF) whereas of course being the twin Lilina is +DEF,-RES. I will set her aside for later use.

About to hit 20k feather so I'm thinking Klein is next on the promotion block. I'll finally have a brave bow archer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom