• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

robotuw

Guaranteed crystals at the start of the turn are better I've read. The max % cap for increased LB gain is 300%. 100% from Override/Aig Arm and 200% from Eccentric.

Makes sense. I wonder which is better if you haven't hit the cap. 4 Jacks and 1 Kelsus it is then. Gotta get it so EV can run his limit every turn, with Rikku alternating P Shield and Eccentric. I'll laugh in the face of physical.

Broseybrose

Where does CoD's TM fit into all this limit building? Better, worse or equal to Jack or Kelsus?

Im just about finished farming my first and only Jack TM. So I was wondering if I should do CoD or Kelsus if I need more LB...

robotuw

Where does CoD's TM fit into all this limit building? Better, worse or equal to Jack or Kelsus?

Im just about finished farming my first and only Jack TM. So I was wondering if I should do CoD or Kelsus if I need more LB...

CoD's is worse with no upside unfortunately (I hate when TM's are completely eclipsed). CoD's gives 1 crystal per turn, Jack's gives 2.

Xion86

https://brave-exvius.com/threads/i-just-beat-malboro-elt-with-all-achievements.21795/

This seems like a very budget way to do this trial, needs Rikku though and..........2 9S tm's. I"m reworking my strat and it's looking very promising. Might be able to do it without Rikku if I can provide enough damage mitigation.

Dammit, I have all but Earth of Veritas :(
I still not feeling the need to stress over doing it, which is funny as all previous Trials I've wanted to finish no matter what on the same day or during the weekend. Feels good to actually ignore it for a while.

Got a brand new TM though, Fryevia's Needle! And also a second Letters and Arms :). That's my one unit 100% done, so have to pick another...I might go with Rikku for the pouch, although I have two of her...is it worth grinding it out for 2 pouches or should one be okay?

Tried aigaion with Tilith, Soleil, Rikku, Wilhelm and 2 A2. Got the right arm down to 1%, and main body to 55% but I just couldn't keep up, world destroyer keeps coming and Rikku's LB just can't hold the line. Vanille keeps dying if I slot her in for soliel (and then the damage takes a major hit)

Did better, swapped Wilhelm for WoL, tried marie for Tilith (greater regen, items for MP), and Vanille for rikku (since WoL can light is with us). Got right arm to 10%, and body to 55%, but now how the hell do I survive world destroyer? Reddit says use a

"Fish scale". Use the actual item fish scale? And on what?

Feep

Banned
Finally got the Large Sword Mastery materia off Beasts of the Dark. I've been trying it forever and this was a huge accomplishment for me. Very proud of myself ^^

It's also weird...using Excalibur and Genji Blade is my best combo, since I have both weapon masteries. Still, his Brotherhood (which I also have) combos better off of his LB. But assuming I'm not chaining with Tidus (I'm not), couldn't I just use Jecht Shot instead of Quick Hit?

It's weird to not use his TM at all...he's my only physical attacker...

udca

Big shout out to Miguel! I used his infinite LB Rikku to clear the Malboro trial with all the rewards. Used the cheese method with 2 Chizurus, Ace, Setzer, Ling and Rikku.

Thanks buddy!

Can't believe this but I decided to clear out my extra beastlord moogles and do my last multi on this banner, I think...and wouldn't you know RNG gonna RNG.
rD3jMHH.jpg

Now I've got 2 A2...

I think I'm going to TM farm some more status resist stuff. I only have 1 ribbon and 1 discernment. Unless I bring a Marie into the Malboro fight I feel like I need to defend against too many ailments. And bringing a Marie just for that feels like a waste. TMs take soooooo loooooong. Need the status resists AND LB gaining TMs for Rikku. It's going to take more than a week to even get all this junk.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm done with The Raid. Don't care much anymore. Guess the good thing about this game is I don't really need to play it often.

Alkez

Makes sense. I wonder which is better if you haven't hit the cap. 4 Jacks and 1 Kelsus it is then. Gotta get it so EV can run his limit every turn, with Rikku alternating P Shield and Eccentric. I'll laugh in the face of physical.

If you're using his LB every turn will you have someone else provoke/aoe cover? What kind of team are you looking to run?

robotuw

If you're using his LB every turn will you have someone else provoke/aoe cover? What kind of team are you looking to run?

With 94% physical damage reduction you don't need cover. Of course, that is assuming all damage sources are physical, but a more general setup replaces Rikku with 9S so I can keep up a flat 84% reduction to all damage. The whole thing is theoretical. I'm not sure if I'll ever need that, but it seems like LB's are getting more and more useful so I'm making that my next TM goal.

Edit: Never mind about the last part I'm dumb. The same reduction type wouldn't stack. You'll have to wait for Water Veritas' enhancements for a magic damage reduction beyond 54%.

Syntsui

With 94% physical damage reduction you don't need cover. Of course, that is assuming all damage sources are physical, but a more general setup replaces Rikku with 9S so I can keep up a flat 84% reduction to all damage. The whole thing is theoretical. I'm not sure if I'll ever need that, but it seems like LB's are getting more and more useful so I'm making that my next TM goal.
They are magical damage from a physical attack, or whatever the hell that means. 54% damage reduction is as much reduction we can get for this trial.

Xion86

Big shout out to Miguel! I used his infinite LB Rikku to clear the Malboro trial with all the rewards. Used the cheese method with 2 Chizurus, Ace, Setzer, Ling and Rikku.

Thanks buddy!

Tell me more about the cheese method with that team? ;)

udca

Tell me more about the cheese method with that team? ;)

Got it off reddit, you can probably find the details easily but here's a summary :

Equip your chizurus with fire weapons, immune status (the worst ones like stone paralyze and sleep, although i'm not sure the boss does sleep) hp gear and dual wield.

Your setzer should have a fire weapon with dual wield and killer materias. He can have low attack. It doesn't matter since he'll be using double dice and it's fixed damage. The killer materias are demon killer, plant killer and a poach or 2 depending on what you use for status immunity (i used discernment). Give him sun barette as well. Mine had around 5k hp I believe.

Ace fire imperils, recovers mana and calls ifrit for the reward.

Rikku needs lots of LB generation items I used Miguel's and pretty much every turn I could use her LB, if not, I would entrust her with ling (you can probably use another unit). When I couldn't get enough lb crystals in 1 round, I would restart the game and try again until I could use it.

Basically you use phantom blade 2x to chain and cap the elemental chain with double dice. It should usually generate enough lb crystals if you have enough lb gear on the rikku.

When the malboro uses devour, close the game and reload it as it won't be devouring again. That way, you never lose a unit for 3 round. Of Rikku is devoured it's over.

Don't forget to dispel the malboro when it's below 50%.

It took me about 45 minutes, but I was clumsy when chaining. I'm sure you can do it much faster. I died on the first round on my first try cause I couldn't get enough lb crystals, but when I figured I could restart the round by exiting, I got the kill on my 2nd try.

Basically, every units you have need to be immune to the nasty effects and the highest hp you can have. I had an average of maybe 5200, so it's not that much, especially with the raid TMs.

Edit : oh yeah and I used diabolo on my setzer and lakshami or something on my entruster for extra heals just to be safe.

Muku

So much to catch up on. ;_; Just got back in from Oregon to see eclipse this morning. (Left yesterday morning, spent night, then left soon as totality finished up... just to get caught in traffic forever.)

Anything major I miss?

NeoCross

I'm seriously considering promoting my other account to be my main, I just think it's much better in every way compared to my main account except progression. On my alt I have Tidus, Noct, Zarg, Fohlen, Gilgamesh who's already 50% TMR. It also has multiple Bartz (Which I can't seem to get on my main) Ashe, Chizuru and Refia and a Rikku, and all the units with the best TMs available. I'm just getting a little frustrated since I can't get shit on my main.

Oh and I have a 3rd account as well because why not lol. That one has Orlandeu, Aileen, DKC and also some other good stuff.

c-murph

Brought the gold chest thingy from the store for $16.99 CDN. Used the 4* Ticket on NieR banner.....

hPANwwY.png

That's a weird place to hold your swords.

Had 20 Moogles lying around for just the occasion.

bryt

Jeez. I don't think I should do 10+1's anymore being F2P until the 3% change. I've done 10 of them in total (lapis and 10+1 tickets) since starting a year ago and I've never gotten a rainbow from them except for the guaranteed one. All 8 of my rainbows were from dailies/tickets.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Brought the gold chest thingy from the store for $16.99 CDN. Used the 4* Ticket on NieR banner.....

hPANwwY.png

You inspired me to do a multi pull and ....

I got a Rikku. I'm okay with that.

After being extremely lucky and pulling 2B and A2, I'm totally skipping Onion Knight. I missed out on Tilith, so I'll be saving for Ayaka

Don't forgot everyone, for every person that likes to come in and show off their shiny new lucky pull, hundreds of others are getting jack shit. Your time will come eventually.

Syntsui

Three guaranteed 4* tickets and not a single on banner unit, this Japanese Ling will probably be just as impossible to get as her global sister >.>

NeoCross

Need some advice guys, should I level up a 2nd agrias or a 2nd ashe? I'm seriously lacking in chaining atm. I can sometimes chain ashe and agrias but my timing isn't always perfect. I'm leaning towards a 2nd agrias since she's easier to gear, but ashe is really good with healing and dps'ing at the same time. I don't have enough mag gear for another ashe though...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Can't believe this but I decided to clear out my extra beastlord moogles and do my last multi on this banner, I think...and wouldn't you know RNG gonna RNG.

Now I've got 2 A2...
Very nice..congrats to you both !!!

So I was trying to get a second 9S for TMR, and ended up with a 2B instead, along with the A2 I got from a daily (somehow up to 6 Rikku and 5 Xon, game please).

Only started playing this past month so I don't have any of the meta chainers, is there a way to make A2 + 2B chain together decently?

Top Bottom