• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III |OT| The Eclipse Comes Early

yencid

Friend works for WWE and was able to get me tickets for this. First Takeover, Live PPV and NXT show! im super excited. Going to raw on monday as well (not my first but also excited for possible call ups)

Cosmozone

The women's match could go either way but what's way more important to me is Asuka's callup. After so much anticipation and teasing, I'm sick of waiting, no matter the risk of her getting misused on the main roster. It's time for her to be put into the big spotlight.

kunonabi

I fully expect Ember Moon to win and I don't like it at all. In ring she's fine, even great sometimes, but I pretty much dislike everything about her character and mannerisms. I can't wait for the women's division being shaken up post Mae Young classic.

That's pretty much where I'm at although I also think her finisher is really dumb. Moon and her cringey OC cosplay schtick would be a good match for Corbin and his wolf shirts.

They have a real problem:

1. They need Asuka to drop the belt so she can move to the main roster.

2. They still have not built a credible opponent to Asuka.

daemissary

They don't need her to drop the belt to someone...she can relinquish the belt.

If there's no credible opponent then it does more harm than good to have her job to someone, specifically if that person is meant to be a face. If Ember wins today, she'll get a pop for sure but she's gonna get some of that Roman/Cass/Jason Jordan heat too.

Khrno

It's not really a big problem, she just vacates the title on the first NXT taping for next week's episode and then she debuts in SD defeating Naomi the week after.

Hex

Banned

They do not need her to drop it.
Her dropping it and it coming off as forced, is worse than being called up with the belt and having to give it up.
If she loses , is she just going to give up her rematch clause? And then if not are we supposed to believe that all of the sudden after all of this undefeated she loses twice in a row?

She needs to keep it, drop the belt and let them have a tournament for it

Hex

Banned
It's not really a big problem, she just vacates the title on the first NXT taping for next week's episode and then she debuts in SD defeating Naomi the week after.

Why Smackdown? They are overfilled with women right now

that she
would retain at takeover and then show up at SS in one of the women title matches and win that too
lol

That is just what Alvarez said on one of his shows for what he "wanted" to happen, not what was going to happen. I feel like everytime he says something like that it turns from a simple want into a something that is supposed to have a hint of truth.

I haven't been keeping up with NXT but I'll watch this just because NXT Takeovers always deliver

Maybe next time my boy Oney Lorcan can get a match on the card

Hex

Banned
Because Charlotte and Asuka is money.

I fucking hate Charlotte, but anyway you do not go right to that. You go long.
Put her on Raw, let me fix things there where she can have Nia Jax to chew on for a while and there is the Bayley story too.
There will be a shake up later in the year, they can send Charlotte over then and you can build Charlotte v Asuka for Mania

I fucking hate Charlotte, but anyway you do not go right to that. You go long.
Put her on Raw, let me fix things there where she can have Nia Jax to chew on for a while and there is the Bayley story too.
There will be a shake up later in the year, they can send Charlotte over then and you can build Charlotte v Asuka for Mania

You can put them on separate brands, make then both champions and then do a champ vs champ match at Mania to unify the belts and just make the women's division cross-brand since there's not really enough to have then split up like this.

"Uh-su-ka"

Jesus Christ, Kurt.

Conspiracy theory:

What if the MYC footage was sat on until after Summerslam for this very purpose

Still wouldn't have made sense because you could have aired the MYC normally and the finals still wouldn't have happened yet, so you still could have made the finals for the NXT title.

I get people hate Ember but how has she not been build up as a credible challenger? She's beat the entire women's roster, had Asuka beat at one point then was such a threat in the 4 way that Asuka injured her.

I really want Hideo to win. This is the best he's looked so far in WWE (not saying much, I know). But he's been fantastic lately. Maybe he can form a NOAH stable with TM-61 tonight.

Isak_Borg

It's insane how everyone here is wearing a bullet club shirt!

There is a dude dressed like Kenny omega roaming around the crowd.

Lucha Underground has about 2 months left, AND THEN whatever grace period the stupid contracts have. So you might see Ricochet at Summerslam next year.

Top Bottom