• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spectator (UK): Sater [mobster] to flip on Trump, worse than pee-pee tape out there

Ok, so a question, can the president be arrested and imprisoned? Assuming something horrifically illegal is incoming, does being president make this a moot point?
They can be indicted, contrary to popular belief.

Can the President Be Indicted? A Long-Hidden Legal Memo Says Yes

WASHINGTON — A newfound memo from Kenneth W. Starr's independent counsel investigation into President Bill Clinton sheds fresh light on a constitutional puzzle that is taking on mounting significance amid the Trump-Russia inquiry: Can a sitting president be indicted?

The 56-page memo, locked in the National Archives for nearly two decades and obtained by The New York Times under the Freedom of Information Act, amounts to the most thorough government-commissioned analysis rejecting a generally held view that presidents are immune from prosecution while in office.

”It is proper, constitutional, and legal for a federal grand jury to indict a sitting president for serious criminal acts that are not part of, and are contrary to, the president's official duties," the Starr office memo concludes. ”In this country, no one, even President Clinton, is above the law."
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/22/...dent-be-indicted-kenneth-starr-memo.html?_r=0

I can't imagine they would actually arrest him though. They would give him a date and time to show up for an initial appearance if he were to be charged. I think it's more likely he would be pressured to resign and then Pence would pardon him.

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
Sources have been saying a week ago he will resign for some reason - maybe. 🌫

chadskin

Paul Wood wrote this in January for the BBC: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38589427

And the former MI6 agent is not the only source for the claim about Russian kompromat on the president-elect. Back in August, a retired spy told me he had been informed of its existence by "the head of an East European intelligence agency".

Later, I used an intermediary to pass some questions to active duty CIA officers dealing with the case file - they would not speak to me directly. I got a message back that there was "more than one tape", "audio and video", on "more than one date", in "more than one place" - in the Ritz-Carlton in Moscow and also in St Petersburg - and that the material was "of a sexual nature".

jelly

Why would he flip, last ditch get the FBI off my back or else?

I don't believe Trump could resist the urge of a sex party of whatever sort, wandering hands, the way he talks about woman he wants. His pants would be off before you press record. The problem is, a sex tape is always leverage even post Presidency so it's not something you would likely unveil to everyone.

Dalek

As others in this thread have said, the Steele dossier didn't do the damage we hoped, so my expectations are mild here.

I hope it's trump banging goats. I'd like to see his supporters support that

Didn't stop the Tories supremacy in the voting booth knowing their twice elected leader fucked a pig.

Just another reminder, mainly for myself, that David Cameron is a pig fucker.

And that makes me laugh.

shiba5

John Schindler randomly posted something this morning on Twitter about something major happening in two weeks. I wonder if this is related.

So did Rick Wilson. Then someone under that tweet said, "2 weeks is too long. That's like one and a half Mooches."
I fucking lost it.

I hope it's trump banging goats. I'd like to see his supporters support that

"Still better than Killary!!!"

zethren

Banned
I wouldn't put it past him for this to be a video of him with underage girls. He's a rapist. I hope it all comes out and he's ruined.

Shoeless

I wouldn't put it past him for this to be a video of him with underage girls. He's a rapist. I hope it all comes out and he's ruined.

It's going to be interesting for the those 6/10 Trump supporters to come out in defense of this, and say stuff like 'So what, I've slept with people under age too, it's in the Bible," or women admit that they've participated in this themselves while underage, so it's all fine and Trump continues to be smiled upon by White Christian Jesus.

Tacitus_

Even more extreme behaviour?

tfw you realize that the main reason trump is such a putin puppy is because he's afraid of the world seeing how small his penis is

Fuuck I just saw in my mind the Deadspin article from in a year or two when the tape finally gets released... "Just How Small is it? We ask a Video Reconstruction Expert to Measure the Size of Trump's Dick Based on the Pee Pee Tape"

Makonero

Fuuck I just saw in my mind the Deadspin article from in a year or two when the tape finally gets released... "Just How Small is it? We ask a Video Reconstruction Expert to Measure the Size of Trump's Dick Based on the Pee Pee Tape"

you guys realize the dossier does not describe trump peeing, just the prostitutes

belinho

Is the Trump presidency just a way for him to be pardoned of all his prior crimes all walk free?

If he didn't become president was there any chance of him being investigated for some reason?

shamanick

There's some real dark psychosexual shit From some of the posters ITT

Here's the real scandal: his completely on the record actions as president

What if it's a hooker snuff session? Yikes, I wouldn't put it past Trump the way he fantasizes about killing people and getting away with it.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
You can almost guarantee that his supporters will feel a pang of sympathy/embarrassment and double down even more if a tape comes out. I can't wait to see what it is. My guess is something really fucked like underage, or his businesses being involved in human trafficking.

Top Bottom