• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much are movie tickets in your theater?

suberzat

DC weekend

$5.00 matinée

$11.19 regular

MD

Tuesday
$6.00 regular
50% Off Popcorn Every Tuesday

I usually only go to the movies on Tuesdays or the weekend unless I'm going with a group of people.

13ruce

Banned
10 euros and 12-15 euros imax etc.
Netherlands is expensive af compared to other countries that's why i am planning on moving to Germany or somewhere else after i am done with school:p

Ravelle

Regular tickets are 11 euro's, 3D tickets are usually 2 euro's more expensive and IMAX tickets are about 15 euro's.

Nipo

DC weekend at good theaters:

For AMC
Adults $13,
Children (2-12) $10
Senior $12
Imax $18
Dolby Vision $18

For Regal:
Adults $15
Children $11
Senior: $11
Imax $21

On Tuesdays most of the area theaters range between $5.75-6. IMAX and IMAX 3D are like $13.50-16.25. Regular prices are $8.25-11.75. My MoviePass card can't get here soon enough.

1800 yen for regular showings.
1300 yen for late night showings.

If you sign up for the theater’s membership card and for every 6th movie you see, you get a free ticket. Membership is only ¥100 yen.

I miss my hometown’s ticket price when it was $5 every Tuesday.

kiguel182

6 60 euros I believe. 10 for Imax.

I have a card that gives two tickets for the price of one so 3, 30 per person if you have someone who wants to split.

Fbh

Around $18. Weirdly, it's the same price for 2D and 3D
Some offer the option to buy a 10 ticket pack which brings it down to like $12/ticket.

Either way I find it too expensive which is why I almost never go.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
€11 for a regular showing, and IMAX can go up to €18 with 3D :/ I don't even have a choice on IMAX because there's only one IMAX theatre in Belgium.

MajorMane

Marcus Theaters
Early Bird (Before 11 a.m.): $5
Matinee (before 6 p.m.): $8.50
General (after 6 p.m.): $10.75
3D is extra

Special pricing for seniors and kids. On Tuesdays, they do members nights where if you have a membership (free), it's $5 for any ticket (plus free popcorn). On Thursdays, they do student nights, so show a student ID and get $5 tickets (plus free popcorn). Half the time they don't even bother asking for your ID, especially if you order online.

Basically, I rarely go to movies unless it's a Tuesday or Thursday anymore.

Sinsem

I pay 23.5 euros/month for unlimited access since I go 8 to 10 times a month.
I don't even know how much is a regular ticket.

Kuro

$13.5 for 2d with blown out audio at the local Regal. $7 tuesdays at the Paragon which might be smaller but much cozier.

In Canada, $11 for a normal movie. $14 for 3D.

There's also an "AVX" theatre with nicer seats and a bigger screen and louder sound for $14. And 2 rows of stupid moving seats for like $20 or something like that. Saw Wonder Woman that way because I had free passes and it was pointless.

Tuesdays are $6.25 for regular, $9.25 for 3D/AVX.

My town has an independent 2 screen theatre also that shows smaller films, you can get a ticket there on a Tuesday for $3.50. So if they're showing a movie you actually want to see it's pretty sweet.

Newman96

£4 All day, everyday in Cardiff. Unless you go to cineworld or the imax in the odeon. Vue all the way and that place seems way busier than it used to. Actually had a load of staff working last time I went.

Cardiff Cineworld does decent student prices if I remember rightly..think it's £3.50 or something. Compared to Newport's student prices which is just shy of 8 quid.

ATF487

I probably rotate between five or six theatres, depending on what I'm seeing (big budget action film, small indie release, classic film showing, etc)

Low is $4.75 for a Tuesday showing at a real shit hole near me, high is $14 or so for a ticket to an AMC theatre on a weekend night. Don't bother with 3D and liemax usually but those range from 16-20.

I usually end up going to an older one near me that is $7 for matinees, $10 for nights, and $15 for 70mm.

Depends on the theatre. I know three within 20 minutes of here that are $9, $15 and $22 respectively. You get what you pay for though.

TheChamp

Nothing cause employee perks...

£9.50 after 5PM and all day weekends
£8.50 before 5PM weekdays....

might as well get Unlimited for £18 a month

The Argus

Wow, I feel jipped after reading these posts.

Astoria, Queens, or NYC in general

$16-18 for a 2D screening
$18-20 for a premium (RPX, Dolby Atmos) or 3D screening
$22-25 for premium + 3D
$25+ IMAX

Haven't seen any matinee pricing in years. I miss my high-school days in the South where a matinee was like $5.

Sch1sm

Q7jQYTe.png

Varies by theatre, too. I have 3 in my area, this is the one closest to me. One is a buck cheaper, the other is $3 cheaper even for general admission 'cause it's a much older on with less stuff going on.

East End Toronto.

About $12 for matinee, $15 normal, $16.50 or so RealD 3D, like $18 LieMAX 3D.

I drove to a real IMAX to see Dunkirk, and it was $15! Cheaper than the fake shit in my town!!

In Buffalo, NY:
Regal is 10.25 matinee, 12.25 regular
AMC is 11.09 matinee, 12.59 regular

though, there is one theater that is $3 weekends and $2.50 during the week. I haven't been there in years (before they had this pricing), so I dunno what it's like inside.

Caffeine

regular ticket $13.69
3D $17.69
IMAX $19.69

I remember when it was $6 lol, Last time i was at the theater was when suicide squad came out last year cause our house ac went out. not saying much but i can buy blurays for $15 lol

jph139

I usually go for $7 matinees at the local-ish theater. If I go into the city it gets close to the $15 range, which, obviously, is something I'd like to avoid.

Top Bottom