• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just had my neighbor try to knock down my door and threaten to kill me

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie

Banned
Not sure if anyone cares, but an eventful afternoon to say the least.

Was playing Mass Effect 3 when I started hearing loud banging, didn't think too much of it... 10 minutes later it sounds like my fucking door is about to be knocked down with some guy screaming that he is going to kill me. At first I thought this guy was trying to break down my neighbors door, but quickly realized it WAS MY neighbor trying to break down MY door. Called the cops once I realized... the cops did nothing, they talked to the guy like they were having a fucking family reunion. I figured it was over once they left, but it just stirred him up even more. Guy went fucking nuts. I seriously thought my door was about to fall over.

That's when I called the cops again and started recording it. They took forever to return, and when they finally showed up they had the audacity to tell me to stop calling them as if I was some paranoid nut. Threw my phone at them with the recording and that's when they started to take me seriously. As they're watching the recording the guy starts banging at my door again, and that's when they went to arrest him. I didn't see it, but the dude started going fucking bat shit insane when he found out he was being arrested, and when one of the female officers came back she was all cut up bleeding everywhere covered in pepper spray. Great afternoon wouldn't you say?

And if anyone wants to see the video I took I can upload it to YouTube...

Edit/Update: Figured I would put the links here, easier to find;

Just remember this is just part of it, went on much longer than this. And it's not that exciting... but here it is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCJBl7vKgEg

I was bored so I did some CSI style "enhancing" of the audio from your video, making it much easier to listen to and his voice a bit clearer. The dude still mumbles a lot, though. At least now you can listen without blowing your ears out every time he bangs the door.

DOWNLOAD ENHANCED AUDIO - M4A (6.5MB)

If you have trouble downloading, right click and save. Then open it in iTunes or something.

That was really smart of you to record a video and I'm glad that you didn't get hurt. Do you have any idea why he was going nuts on your door?

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Dude... thats intense. I would save the video as evidence. I don't know law, but I fear youtube damages its legitimacy.
I'm glad you took it though.

Why did he do that? What did you do to make him go crazy?

And YouTube, yes please. But if your neighbor finds out that vid is on YouTube, he'll REALLY kill you.

reggie

Banned
That's the thing - I don't even know the guy. I moved in a month ago and have said "Hello" to him once and he was fine. That's the only time I've ever talked to or even seen him. I've done nothing to him.

I must inform GAF. YouTube please.

Seems like an intense situation. Any idea on why he lost his shit?

EDIT: Maybe he thought you were rude and was trying to teach you some manners. Tsk

GavinGT

Banned
That's the thing - I don't even know the guy. I moved in a month ago and have said "Hello" to him once and he was fine. That's the only time I've ever talked to or even seen him. I've done nothing to him.

The recent Bioware backlash is stronger than you might think.

akira28

Time to get a new door. And yeah upload that to worldstarhiphop. Crazy neighbors are pretty popular subject matter, and police arrests are even better.

Maybe he thought the tenant before you still lived there? I know when I've moved into new places there have been weird people showing up at my door for a few weeks who I don't know.

Was the volume on Mass Effect 3 too loud? My neighbour tried to fight my dad because I was playing FFVIII too loud, I don't understand who wouldn't enjoy 'man with the machine gun' being blasted through their walls.

reggie

Banned
Time to get a new door. And yeah upload that to worldstarhiphop. Crazy neighbors are pretty popular subject matter, and police arrests are even better.

Well my locks are broken, getting someone around to fix them tonight. And I didn't capture the arrest, just him smashing my door and screaming shit. Still want to see it? I promise I will upload it if you guys are interested.

Aselith

Where's that video? I like watching crazy be crazy.

Upload that video.

And tell us why he was angry, if it's not evident from the video.

Maybe he's not a Bioware fan.

OP, was he screaming shit like, "Fuck Dragon Age 2" and "I hope you traitorous motherfuckers burn in hell"? He probably wasn't even mad at you, he was just trying to rescue you.

GavinGT

Banned
Well my locks are broken, getting someone around to fix them tonight. And I didn't capture the arrest, just him smashing my door and screaming shit. Still want to see it? I promise I will upload it if you guys are interested.

The answer is yes.

whitehawk

Banned
And if anyone wants to see the video I took I can upload it to YouTube...
dPgLh.jpg

reggie

Banned
Was the volume on Mass Effect 3 too loud? My neighbour tried to fight my dad because I was playing FFVIII too loud, I don't understand who wouldn't enjoy 'man with a machine gun' being blasted through their walls.

I'm as quiet as a mouse. I always play with the TV down.

Judging by what I've seen in my time this sounds drug related.

Hell an old neighbor of mine started randomly yelling out at the top of lungs at 2am one night that the aliens were fighting and he needed a/his 'fucking gun.' I went to tell him to shut up and he started weeping and yelling some more.

Another time some guy was slamming into that same neighbors house cursing and making threats for apparently no reason. I've seen more but it's always about the same.

iirc they liked their PCP.

Jintor

Considerate reggie. If I lived in an apartment someone would probably have tried to murder me at 4am this morning as I wrapped up ME3.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Glad you're okay. Kinda. :p

But no, really, glad you're safe. Upload that video!

Judging by what I've seen in my time this sounds drug related.

Hell an old neighbor of mine started randomly yelling out at the top of lungs at 2am one night that the aliens were fighting and he needed a/his 'fucking gun.' I went to tell him to shut up and he started weeping and yelling some more.

Another time some guy was slamming into that same neighbors house making threats for apparently no reason.

iirc they liked their PCP.

But the neighbor seemed lucid enough when talking to the cops the first time.

Sonki.

Banned
Please OP, pull the ultimate GAF troll and upload that shit to world star and not Youtube.

You have to, I double fucking dog dare you too.

DO IT.

Im down with this idea. Make with the fucking video man. You make the thread AFTER you upload the video. We need the juicy shit.

red731

I slowly scrolled down expecting the link.

Dalivar OP.

Also glad that nothing happened and fuck the police, from now on I'll be recording everything too.

Saty

Isn't the video part of the evidence? Maybe you shouldn't post it without permission from the police, obstruction of justice or something i don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom