• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 trailer coming out [Thursday]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
How many hours now until CD Projekt RED's short CGI teaser trailer for Cyberpunk 2077?

Despera

Banned
How many hours now until CD Projekt RED's short CGI teaser trailer for Cyberpunk 2077?
t1357851600z0.png

You guys might be pleasantly wrong. You can't base current gen games (yes, even Crysis 3) on what to expect from a 100% next generation developed one.

1313 looks pretty good. Wasn't it running on three GTX 680's or something? And this is pretty much the beginning of a new generation game.

i-Lo

You guys might be pleasantly wrong. You can't base current gen games (yes, even Crysis 3) on what to expect from a 100% next generation developed one.

1313 looks pretty good. Wasn't it running on three GTX 680's or something? And this is pretty much the beginning of a new generation game.

I don't know if they do temp account bans on bet, but if they did, I'd bet what you'd see would be akin to SW TFU2's pre-rendered cutscenes. It'd look like the in-engine assets were taken, added higher detail to and allied with better lighting and then prerendered (obviously, in a development scenario, it'd proceed the other way, going from a high to low detail asset). There is no way that those are playable or even in-engine visuals.

Hindle

Banned
It is a bit strange they're showing a trailer now when:

A. It's more then two years away.

B. it's not even the next game they're releasing.

but it is "the other game" CDPR is now doing besides pumping out Witchers. I'm sure its to drum up hype towards the "new" IP and maybe even get more money from investors? And as it's just a CGI teaser trailer, probably clocking in under a minute it does no harm either. It's like concept art!

xenist

Cyberpunk is really important for CDPR. It's multiplat. It's a more US friendly property. It's also something other than a Witcher game. A studio with one franchise is less prestigious than one with more.

Fjordson

It does pain me to think of how far off this probably is.

This is kinda crazy but...I think I'm more hyped for this than another Witcher game. Of course that's without seeing squat on either game :lol

Perkel

Banned

CDPR is hardly normal developer. They are close to their fanbase as possible. Also building community arround unreleased title is what dev should do. People like us are living promotors of game and community is biggest marketing tool for them. Showing good thing will only build hype around game and that would increase sales.

TLG was annouced like years ago and most of us are now dying to get TLG in out PS3. Same thing.

I'd be happy with a CGI piece that gives us a setup of the plot or a feel for some characters.

Does anyone know how long they've already put into this project? I just can't see a next gen project that's 2+ years out being at a stage where they would have anything but CG to show.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Did I miss something? This is confirmed as being a CG trailer now?

Unless I've missed something, CDPR hasn't confirmed what form the teaser will take, but the teaser image teasing the teaser trailer is of the pre-rendered variety.

Edit: Beaten.

I'm just very happy that CDPR will be one of the first to herald the arrival of next gen and set the early standards. I bet many other studios are watching this with bated breath.

if its CGI that is utter garbage. If they're not showing in game footage then its the same as lying to me.

"look this is nothing like what the end product will be but that's cool..isn't it?"

And the witcher2 was really pretty but kinda average. just sayin'

i-Lo

if its CGI that is utter garbage. If they're not showing in game footage then its the same as lying to me.

"look this is nothing like what the end product will be but that's cool..isn't it?"

I think it's a matter of portraying proof of concept in this early stage. Perhaps their engine isn't ready for that kind of collage of footage to make a proper trailer.

boskee

Unless I've missed something, CDPR hasn't confirmed what form the teaser will take, but the teaser image teasing the teaser trailer is of the pre-rendered variety.

Edit: Beaten.

+ it's highly unlikely that they would have enough assets built for in-game trailer just 6 months after starting production.

injurai

Banned
I'm just very happy that CDPR will be one of the first to herald the arrival of next gen and set the early standards. I bet many other studios are watching this with bated breath.

I mean I guess... though I'm not sure how many breaths other than the fans are bated...

You don't exactly feel the impact of the next-gen though until the hardware is out in the wild, so it will be only a sliver if what we are getting is actually in-game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

You can say whatever you'd like. Doesn't make it true.

Lime

CGI trailers can be pretty cool if executed well in terms of being representative of the plot, setting, and mechanics of the game in question. It builds hype and intrigues the audience in what we can expect.

cgi videos are still great and have a purpose. Its much easier way to get a glimpse of the world and how the art direction is going and the feel of the game. Every witcher one is very similar vibe to the game itself.

I think it's a matter of portraying proof of concept in this early stage. Perhaps their engine isn't ready for that kind of collage of footage to make a proper trailer.

if its not in engine how exactly is that proof of anything? The only thing it proves is that they can hire a third party to do a CGI cartoon. as a means of hyping your game there's nothing to show from a CGI clip that proves or disproves the concepts or quality of your game. CGI is a waste of time and resources especially when you consider the crowd that CD Projekt makes games for and what visuals that todays game engines can achieve.

FACE

Banned

One GTX 680.

King_Moc

Banned

Samaritan was running on three 580's i think, but it was then optimised to run on a single 680. Agni's Philosophy ran on a single 680 as well.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/new-cyberpunk-2077-teaser-looks-so-real-first-trailer-coming-in-24-hours/
And in all truthfullness, this image looks so good that could easily pass as real or CG. Fact is that – according to the devs – the gameplay trailer will be in-engine, meaning that they’ll be targeting for this quality of graphics.

85Mcu.gif

People just can't believe what our current technology is capable of because not only have outdated consoles held back developers, but they have held back our expectations.

WELCOME TO 2013, MOTHERFUCKERS.

Since they've said in a Q&A that the game is going to have branching storylines for different character types, I think it's interesting to take a look at the classes of the original PnP game:
Cop, Corporate, Fixer, Media, Netrunner, Nomad, Rockerboy, Solo (Assassin), and Techie.

We don't know if they're going to directly adapt them, drop some of them, or use a more flexible skill tree, but theoretically, while Cop, Nomad, Solo and Techie are pretty straightforward, the other classes could offer some interesting gameplay opportunities.

Perkel

Banned
85Mcu.gif

People just can't believe what our current technology is capable of because not only have outdated consoles held back developers, but they have held back our expectations.

It is not confirmed that this will be in-game. dso is looking for clicks.

see5harp

I am hyped just to see art direction but I do dislike the way they sort piecemeal their storytelling in The Witcher with CGI, drastically different animated sequences,switching the POV even during flashbacks, etc. Super excited to see something new from them though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Graphics are cool, but Witcher 2 still looks amazing, so I don't really care if they look the same as that. Especially considering it's open world.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
85Mcu.gif

In-engine doesn't necessarily mean real-time and in fact generally means pre-rendered. Portal 2's ending is technically in-engine, for instance.

Facebook:

I was speaking to whether it's pre-rendered or real-time.

Edit: Sorry, I re-read the comment and see what you're getting at. Not sure how that went over my head, haha.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
How much do you want to bet that what was shown was primarily baked.

How can you bake lighting in a scene that dynamic?
In-engine doesn't necessarily mean real-time and in fact generally means pre-rendered. Portal 2's ending is technically in-engine, for instance.

Hey man I can get like 1 frame every 5-10 seconds with proper good Source Filmmaker settings when rendering out.

Fjordson

Since they've said in a Q&A that the game is going to have branching storylines for different character types, I think it's interesting to take a look at the classes of the original PnP game:
Cop, Corporate, Fixer, Media, Netrunner, Nomad, Rockerboy, Solo (Assassin), and Techie.

We don't know if they're going to directly adapt them, drop some of them, or use a more flexible skill tree, but theoretically, while Cop, Nomad, Solo and Techie are pretty straightforward, the other classes could offer some interesting gameplay opportunities.
Was thinking about that also. Some of those sound really neat. Like the Rockerboy.

So many possibilities for this game...wish it was launching tomorrow :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom