• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

mcrae

I feel bad for disability but that's pretty lame. One of his goals is $40,000. Seriously? I guess there isn't anything wrong in trying though.

Also thanks hugo.

i agree, extremely lame. his goal for this 1 year is to try and become a professional sc2 player? i bet his maximum apm ever is like 60. what a fucking idiot. and waste of a scholarship.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
my sympathy for disability was spent on the first $25k grant.

id feel bad if something had happened, but this is just "i went to mlg/dreamhack instead of paying my assistants,cover for me lol

fanboi

Banned
my sympathy for disability was spent on the first $25k grant.

id feel bad if something had happened, but this is just "i went to mlg/dreamhack instead of paying my assistants,cover for me lol

Hey hey hey... we helped you
in our minds
when you didn't have anywhere to stay!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How often does DotA2 patch itself?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
They also patch throughout the week if it's needed, DotA gets updated at a more random schedule.

All of you SC2GAF folks that got into the Dota2 beta should (and those of you who didn't :( ) add me on steam because I need people to play with:

ledzeppelin3958 is my steam ID because I fucking loved Led Zeppelin when I was 13 and steam came out.

ultron87

*looks at thread title*

No, I didn't click on the wrong thread. At least DOTA2 is better than back in the day when I would think I had accidentally clicked on the pony thread.

(._.)

Banned
They aren't. They might have similar roles, but they are all unique. Dota had close to 100.

and this is one of e the reason why I'll never get into it. on top of that there is an item shop with dozens of items you use on them. the game is too damn convoluted. i played my first game of it the other day and didn't enjoy it one bit. had absolutely no clue what was going on.

people who like it, good. not hating on your game. just not for me. give me any 1v1 rts over it any day. or at least have it be far less convoluted.

and this is one of e the reason why I'll never get into it. on top of that there is an item shop with dozens of items you use on them. the game is too damn convoluted. i played my first game of it the other day and didn't enjoy it one bit. had absolutely no clue what was going on.

people who like it, good. not hating on your game. just not for me. give me any 1v1 rts over it any day. or at least have it be far less convoluted.

It's hard not to find your criticism ridiculous because of the bold.

Thanks! Thirteen year old me was pretty cool. Also I was thirteen almost ten years ago. Oh wow.

Damn, SC2 GAF is young.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anyone else's post history bugged? It's showing old posts :/

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Pony dota. Make it so

fluttershy
rainbow dash
twilight
rarity
pinkie pie
applejack
celestia
luna
scootaloo
sweetie belle
applebloom
big mac
derpy
caramel
trixie
bonbon
lyra
octavia
discord
iron will
cheerilee
ruby
pinchy
silver spoon
diamond tiara
snip
snails
granny smith
braeburn
hoity toity
prince blueblood
filthy rich
spitfire
soarin
gilda
spike
fancypants
twist
pipsquek
mr cake
mrs cake
zecora
mayor mare
cheif thunderhooves
shining armour
cadence
little strongheart
daring do
tom
berry punch
dj-pon3
doctor whooves
redheart

should be enough for a dota, eh?

cdyhybrid

It's like that the first time everyone plays. It takes a bit to get into, but once it hooks you there's no going back.

SNU, I'll add you when I get home from work. I gotta check out the GAF thread. Also, I hope you're not implying that you don't like LZ anymore :p

It's like that the first time everyone plays. It takes a bit to get into, but once it hooks you there's no going back.

SNU, I'll add you when I get home from work. I gotta check out the GAF thread. Also, I hope you're not implying that you don't like LZ anymore :p

I listen to them far less than I used to, but they're still one of my favorite artists.

jasonng

fluttershy
rainbow dash
twilight
rarity
pinkie pie
applejack
celestia
luna
scootaloo
sweetie belle
applebloom
big mac
derpy
caramel
trixie
bonbon
lyra
octavia
discord
iron will
cheerilee
ruby
pinchy
silver spoon
diamond tiara
snip
snails
granny smith
braeburn
hoity toity
prince blueblood
filthy rich
spitfire
soarin
gilda
spike
fancypants
twist
pipsquek
mr cake
mrs cake
zecora
mayor mare
cheif thunderhooves
shining armour
cadence
little strongheart
daring do
tom
berry punch
dj-pon3
doctor whooves
redheart

should be enough for a dota, eh?

Why

Zzoram

Dota is fun. You only have to micro 1 unit and there is no macro so its ezmode.

The hardest part about DotA is team coordination. Personally I'm not a fan of team competitions, because an individual can be the best player in the world but if he's on a bad team he loses.

Snowman

Yup. It was inevitable. So many big tournaments now that they're starting to conflict more.

Yeah, just thought it was a bit weird after hearing the mlg guys talk a lot about how they're trying to stop that kind of thing from happening.. Hopefully we see a similar thing to last time though, where because of time zone differences the 2 events end up broadcasting at very different times

Just like Protoss. Am I right guys?

Pfft, Protoss don't have to micro ANY units, am I right guys?

Holden

Quake, 1 Unit

Game is really easy guys? Right?

The hardest part about DotA is team coordination. Personally I'm not a fan of team competitions, because an individual can be the best player in the world but if he's on a bad team he loses.

Thing is if a sc player doesn't have a good team to train with then hes not gonna be any better. Flash wouldn't be anything without his team to train/support him

Flash might be an exception =)

Snowman

Thing is if a sc player doesn't have a good team to train with then hes not gonna be any better. Flash wouldn't be anything without his team to train/support him

I think the thing I don't like about team games is that you're never fully responsible for a win or a loss, when you win or lose a game of starcraft it's because either you played better than your opponent or you didn't, sure you can moan about imba and cheese and stuff like that but in team games there's always that temptation to blame team mates if you do badly, and on the other side, when you win a 1v1 game you get to take all the credit

Zzoram

Quake, 1 Unit

Game is really easy guys? Right?

Flash might be an exception =)

That's different. On game day, Flash won't lose because a scrub on his team got nervous.

Holden

True true but its just a diffrent game

its like tennis and soccer/football/hockey/w.e!

Feels kinda diffrent cause moslty in sc2 you support a player like in tennis
but in team sports you useally dont support a player but the Team which is the case for dota2.

And it might help mentally after a loss of a game:

If you lose in 1v1, it HAS to be your fault that you lost
But in a 5v5, maybe you caused the team to lose but you can think that your team made you lose but your team could of done better ( Not in the case where play solo queue and play with 4 random people who just argue with you and you are gonna blame them no matter what)

scogoth

True true but its just a diffrent game

its like tennis and soccer/football/hockey/w.e!

Feels kinda diffrent cause moslty in sc2 you support a player like in tennis
but in team sports you useally dont support a player but the Team which is the case for dota2.

And it might help mentally after a loss of a game:

If you lose in 1v1, it HAS to be your fault that you lost
But in a 5v5, maybe you caused the team to lose but you can think that your team made you lose but your team could of done better ( Not in the case where play solo queue and play with 4 random people who just argue with you and you are gonna blame them no matter what)

If the team wins its a team effort. If the team loses its the goalie's fault.

Holden

Sc2 has things to learn from dota though, i like this idea of banning heroes you dont like.

Bye bye protoss.

Banning heroes in dota is more like vetoing maps in sc

Heroes bans to remove a particle strat (Push/Turtle/Gank/...) or remove somebody's "signature" hero
Which is the same of maps ( Removing a particle strat/ etc.) or remove a map where his race is favored

Some people are just really good at finding excuses for losing instead of facing the fact that they just played shitty I guess, can you imagine Idra playing dota? It'd suck being on his team, taking the blame every time he fucked up

That might be good for the DotA community.

Top Bottom