• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Leaked stages/characters from Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale [Updated]

Salsa

Sir Daniel is the most pleasant surprise. :')

dan-fortesque.jpg

- HEY WHAT THE FUCK WHERE ARE CRASH AND SPYRO!??

- eeeeey.. remember this guy? you can try to guess, this brings back memories for me.. character is powered by SCE.. ITS SIR DANIEL! from Medievil!, meeeeeeeeeeedieviiiiiil! remember that one?

So there's a pretty decent chance this won't have classic Spyro, classic Crash and classic Lara Croft?

They were practically the mascots of PlayStation 1.

Jintor

So there's a pretty decent chance this won't have classic Spyro, classic Crash and classic Lara Croft?

Insane. I can only hope these are either false leaks or partial leaks. Although I am impressed that we're getting Sir Dan... hopefully.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
That list also includes characters who show up in stages, like Qwark and Keira.

Though I'm not sure about Athena. She's not in any of Kratos's moves, she's not in the God of War stage, and she's not in the Ratchet stage with the Hydra.

Also with fat princess, she has like 3 or 4 different minions helping her out, each carrying their own hat just like in the game, and yet they are in 1 file. And for Toro, Turo is in one of his supers, but he clearly isn't listed here, but Pierre is.

Whatever a minion is, they have to be related to each other.

Insane. I can only hope these are either false leaks or partial leaks. Although I am impressed that we're getting Sir Dan... hopefully.

It'll be pretty insulting to have DmC "Dante" but not those 3.

If Sony is going to take this seriously and not just product advertisement for upcoming third party games (they're even putting Bioshock skins for preorder bonuses for LBP Vita...enough), they need to cut some deals to get characters like classic Spyro/Crash/Lara and even Cloud. Say whatever about FFVII, but it was a big thing for PS history.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

This is a full on beta craked code leak that has been verified at this point. The only explanations really is that it is true, or super bot lied in the beta code.

We have heard over 20 characters though, so theres a small chance left.

Those 3 should be in, I dont get why new Dante will be in the game, the new look is hated by the whole gaming community.

libregkd

A definite no to Lara Croft seeing as Crystal Dynamic flat out said no to the idea.

The other two are really in Activision's court.

You guys are forgetting that Activision owns Crash and Spyro, you think they'll simply let other companies use their characters whenever they knock on the door?

Btw, some Eidos guy tweeted that he didn't want Lara in PSASBR or something, so don't expect her in.

*^ Yeah, what he said.

I refuse to believe Snake isnt in this game since David Hayter was confirmed to be doing voice work for this game. No way they pull David Hayter in to do a background character. Maybe Snake is a DLC character. It may make sense they'll make some of the most wanted characters (Cloud, Snake, Crash) DLC cause they know people will pay for those. These may also be the character they couldnt get for free.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see any stage complain. Character complain? That's a different story. Lack of anyone from ICO, SOTC, Gravity Rush is pissing me off.

Wasn't Assassin's Creed 3's protagonist hinted by Paul Gale?

Those hints were so vague they could mean anything.

You guys are forgetting that Activision owns Crash and Spyro, you think they'll simply let other companies use their characters whenever they knock on the door?

They're not really doing anything with Spyro or Crash anyway.

Skylanders diarrhea doesn't count. Spyro is more of a background character there anyway, and has been dropped from the branding for the new title.

I don't know about anyone else but I love Dante's new look. Everybody should try and evolve with the times, otherwise you end up a relic of your time like Duke Nukem.

I don't understand. You look at that picture, and it evokes praise from you? Not wanting to smash that face with a metal bat?
And then it gets worse. You have to play as him in "DmC".

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'll just end this right here and now, Dante discussions go to the Capcom threads.

You aren't the czar of what's important to talk about, unless you're a moderator. New Dante being in this game is one of the things directly related to this leak, like it or not, and so comparisons are going to have to be made.

Jintor

It's not a case of thinking it's easy to do, it's a case of this being a history-of-sony fanservice-style game and not having a generation's worth of mascot characters.

Jafku

We wont know anything until we have the game in our hands. If all this is true then I dont see much to complain about. Im excited for this game and Ive been playing an old build with the first six announced characters and levels. Not getting the Dante hate either. Its just a skin. Its still Dante and an Included character. Better in than out.

Well, there's always the alternate skin for new Dante being original Dante.
All character alt skins will be included in the preorder code, not just a selection, right?

I'm also not sure I like the idea of Evil and Good/Neutral Cole taking up 2 roster slots, roster slots characters like Spyro or Crash could have had. Why not just a skin (and the lightning changes color - red for evil, blue for good).

Not trying to be a backseat mod, even though it sounded that way. Just feared the thought of the old vs new debates derailing not only this thread, but future PSASBR threads as well. :|

- HEY WHAT THE FUCK WHERE ARE CRASH AND SPYRO!??

- eeeeey.. remember this guy? you can try to guess, this brings back memories for me.. character is powered by SCE.. ITS SIR DANIEL! from Medievil!, meeeeeeeeeeedieviiiiiil! remember that one?

MY FAVOURITE OLD AND IRRELEVANT CHARACTERS ARE BETTER THAN YOUR OLD AND IRRELEVANT FAVOURITE CHARACTERS

jesus christ yes it's dumb Crash/Spyro/Lara/etc. aren't in this but why shit on Sir Daniel as a result?

This is a full on beta craked code leak that has been verified at this point. The only explanations really is that it is true, or super bot lied in the beta code.

We have heard over 20 characters though, so theres a small chance left.

Wait no one here has gotten into the cracked character list have they? All we have is the photo from the original leak image.

Sid

I don't know about anyone else but I love Dante's new look. Everybody should try and evolve with the times, otherwise you end up a relic of your time like Duke Nukem.

Some characters are timeless and the og dante is one of them but anyways i hope dino is hopefully one of the characters dropped from the game since superbot went from 2 dozen to 20+ characters

Thanks! And with that, the list should be complete now:

Athena (God of War)....

Athena shouldn't be the minion of kratos it's actually the other way around though indirectly

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Not trying to be a backseat mod, even though it sounded that way. Just feared the thought of the old vs new debates derailing not only this thread, but future PSASBR threads as well. :|

I just think this is, among other things, an unveiling of a character that is going to take up a roster slot. You should be able to say if you agree with the decision of using a slot for that character, or if you don't.

I don't really have anything left to say about Dante's slot right now, but I think its in peoples rights to voice their opinions about it right now. If it gets out of hand then maybe start saying we've had enough. Mods here do a pretty good job at getting things back on topic if they get completely off rails.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Anyhow, I wonder if this means they have to do a separate story sequence for evil cole and good cole. I already thought Cole was a bad character when he played evil or good side so the thought of them spending time doing two story modes for him would be really disappointing. Of course it's hard to say as we don't know how the story mode is structured, but it worries me.

Some characters are timeless and the og dante is one of them but anyways i hope dino is hopefully one of the characters dropped from the game since superbot went from 2 dozen to 20+ characters
Dropped? You think you might be grasping for straws a bit? Two dozen is 24 and last time I checked 24 is higher than 20.

Anyhow, I wonder if this means they have to do a separate story sequence for evil cole and good cole. I already thought Cole was a bad character when he played evil or good side so the thought of them spending time doing two story modes for him would be really disappointing. Of course it's hard to say as we don't know how the story mode is structured, but it worries me.

Bingo, that's why I call bull on him. Best guess is that his story mode takes him through both evil and good and that each have a unique moveset and this behave somewhat differently. However Cole I think should be counted as one character regardless if their is a good and evil. In the end its still the same main character.

Tarrasque

Banned
The fact that Sir Daniel Fortesque, a character from the 12 year old Medievil IP is being brought in is absolutely bizarre. Unless they're planning on rebooting it sometime soon, I don't think most people have any idea what game he's from.

Strange choices, but I guess they're working with what they've got. Better question is: Where are all the Square characters? I need an Ehrgeiz fix!

The fact that Sir Daniel Fortesque, a character from the 12 year old Medievil IP is being brought in is absolutely bizarre. Unless they're planning on rebooting it sometime soon, I don't think most people have any idea what game he's from. Some very odd choices, if this leak is true.

Don't blame Sony if he isn't in there, blame activision.

Sid

Dropped? You think you might be grasping for straws a bit? Two dozen is 24 and last time I checked 24 is higher than 20.

Ofc 24 is higher than 20 but i recall the earlier interviews where superbot mentioned 2 dozen characters and now they mention 20+ so it can be a possibility that 1 or 2 characters could not make the final roster

Jawmuncher

I'm surprised at the amount of backlash at the list.

Personally I absolutely love it.
Especially with the amount of surprises in there like

Sir Dan
Dante (Dino)
Spike
Raiden

Pretty cool stuff since let's be honest all of these charcaters in the thread were talked with almost a very low chance of even popping up in the game.
While it seems like a lot of the backlash is on the new dante, all i'll say about that is I thought we were past that.

Anyway all I absolutely want from this list is a confirmation of Lightning, i'm not going back into the thread so i'm not sure if they found her in the beta build. If I have one complaint for the game it's the lack of female charcacters. Hell I wouldnt even count fat princess as a "female" character.

Not to mention if there are indeed some surprises instore in terms of more characters and stages. Then that'll be an even bigger treat.

Zen

Banned
The fact that Sir Daniel Fortesque, a character from the 12 year old Medievil IP is being brought in is absolutely bizarre. Unless they're planning on rebooting it sometime soon, I don't think most people have any idea what game he's from.

That has never stopped Smash Brothers. As long as the character is fun to play, it's all gravy.

Okay guys just got up. Anything new besides what's in the OP?
Any hope for more characters than what is listed? Maybe it's such an early build that it's missing newer stuff...? Maybe...?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Bingo, that's why I call bull on him. Best guess is that his story mode takes him through both evil and good and that each have a unique moveset and this behave somewhat differently. However Cole I think should be counted as one character regardless if their is a good and evil. In the end its still the same main character.

I hope so and I think you maybe right, but I have to go back and ask again why wasn't evil cole included in the good cole announcement. Think they were just saving him for the story mode reveal?

PaRappa is 14 years old, I don't see what's so bizarre about having Fortesque in there if this leak is to be believed. The only other releases since then in both franchises have been PSP versions in 2006 and 2005 respectively.

Two Cole's is bullshit if that's true, what a wretched and lazy idea. Please be fake.

Top Bottom