• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingsman: The Golden Circle - Red Band Trailer #2

Looking good, can't wait, really loved the first one, hopefully it can capture the same feeling but the trailer makes it look good.

Dalek

I loved the first one-this looks great too.

I honestly have no idea how Colin Firth is going to be in this.

Also-that comment section. Pathetic as usual.

First movie was my second favorite movie of 2015, but this one is gonna have a hell of a lot of world building keeping in mind all the fall out from the first movie. I'm actually surprised the Statesmen are being so chummy with the Kingsman.

And yeah, I don't think Roxy is gonna make it very far in this one. Shame.

I too like to get outraged by insignificant things.

Racial make up in movies is definitely an issue, it just seems weird to criticize this series when it does have people of color.

His complaint is something I'd point out something like The Intern for. Which featured a New York with literally JUST white people in 2015, while giving a feminist message without any sense of irony.

Racial make up in movies is definitely an issue, it just seems weird to criticize this series when it does have people of color.

His complaint is something I'd point out something like The Intern for.

Interesting bit of trivia - John Boyega was one of the other front runners for Eggsy before it went to Taron Egerton(sp?).

This looks so good, I'm actually fine with them not giving a firth an explanation for his return in the trailer. Sorta make it like a classic Bond film, where a character dies off and then sometimes returns in the sequel without an explanation as to why.

This looks so good, I'm actually fine with them not giving a firth an explanation for his return in the trailer. Sorta make it like a classic Bond film, where a character dies off and then sometimes returns in the sequel without an explanation as to why.

Of course more Firth is a good thing, but it really does undercut that moment in the first movie.

I'm glad Vaugn's been able to really make this franchise his own and turn it into basically an aesthetic playground for himself. I think the most promising up-and-coming genre filmmakers are honestly the ones who stake out territory and establish a voice (Vaughn, Reeves with the Planet of the Apes films) rather than the folks getting drafted into the producer-driven Marvel/DC/Star Wars megafranchises.

Fury451

Banned
Forgot this was coming out. It looks good. Is the comic this based on any good or is the movie better?

The movie is better because it has like almost nothing in common with the comic

Of course more Firth is a good thing, but it really does undercut that moment in the first movie.

I see what you're saying, but it still has an emotional impact, just for the characters instead of the audience. The characters don't know the resolution until this movie, so any development and growth that occurred within them because of that scene, still happens. We now see it in a different context which may feel like it cheapens it, but the impact for those in the story is the same.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
love how these guys don't just stop villains, they just straight up atomize them

Eggsy looks goddamned awesome in this, like a mini Colin. Pedro also looks great

Let's be honest, the odds are that his character will be killed at some point leaving Channing Tatum as the De Facto Statesman agent.

Actually from the trailer I'm guessing Channing Tatum is gonna be surprise killed and/or the villain as Pedro Pascal looks to have a lot more scenes/sequences than he does. At least from what they showed in the trailer.

Anyway this looks amazing, day one for sure. I love Matthew Vaughn.

Absolutely amazing. Massive improvement over the first trailer.
It always pains me to give money to that sick bastard Mark Millar but the glory of Matthew Vaughn forces my hand so I'll be there day one.

Fuchsdh

Well, a "My Generation" cover mixed with "Dies irae" wins for most random trailer cover version I've heard in a while.

So the entire movie is a war between which stereotypes are more powerful—American or British?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, all of this looked awesome, this is gonna be a good time movie!

There were black people in the first Kingsmen. Eggsy had a black friend, and the abusive step father had a black friend. There were also some black people scattered among the crowds in the Doomsday bunker party scene. Then of course there's Samuel Jackson. If you're gonna make sweeping accusations like that, at least make sure you get your facts right.

Also, the cultural cliches are part of the charm, it sounds like you just don't like this movie's style of humor.

So the one or two people of color in London were American?

Phewf! And there I was worried that one of the most diverse cities full of British Brown and British Black people were under represented. That definitely disproves my point that British people of color are underrepresented.

The payrolls of BBC were just released. A single white male makes more than every single black and minority person. Britain is famous for its police forces bullying out every single black and asian police force.

There really is no dispute the country has a massive problem with representing anyone other than white people in all parts of society. And the film makers represent this. Edgar Wrights movies have been set in London. Non white people don't exist period.

That would be like setting a movie in Atlanta and not having any white people. Britain doesn't have that same culture of representation at all, that America does. It's a white boys club. Just like their film makers. It's racist. Pretending only white people exist in their country. If you want to a movie in London you can't do that without it seeming fucking ridiculous. Flat out false.

It's not surprising. One has lost count how many times movie marketing campaigns for Hollywood movies in Britain pretend black cast members don't exist.

DBT85

Loved the first and this is looking better and better.

"It's very American"
"haha, Fuck yeah!"

Those comments on the video though...

I think like all matthew vaughn movies before it the cast and premise was better than the film itself with kingsmen but still this looks pretty cool

Love that they've basically made the American equivalent into Super Cowboys. It's like 007 teams up with the man with no name haha.

Laser Lasso looks nuts

Top Bottom