• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSeed gives status update on Rune Factory 4's release date

Gbraga

Hey that's cool and all but where's my Killer is Dead PSN Release confirmation, XSEED?

EDIT: Does Ranko Tsukigime’s Longest Day have a publisher yet?

Verelios

Wow, I knew I wasn't crazy!

When I thought RF4 was supposed to come out in July, everyone around me said I was nuts, the release date was August, 8/17/2013 and that I was imagining things. Ha...looks like I wasn't seeing things after all.

So it got delayed twice...?

Hey that's cool and all but where's my Killer is Dead PSN Release confirmation, XSEED?

I stick my tongue out at you. That's what I'm doing.

Wow, I knew I wasn't crazy!

When I thought RF4 was supposed to come out in July, everyone around me said I was nuts, the release date was August, 8/17/2013 and that I was imagining things. Ha...looks like I wasn't seeing things after all.

So it got delayed twice...?

Fixed.

ohlawd

Better not be October cuz I'm fucking swamped with games on that month.

Please be September. I fully paid off the game alreadeh.

Ah...so the dates were placeholders. Duly noted =)

Will be enjoying YS Celceta before then.

I had "ARGH" there before my edit. I should probably have our Hatsuu put a big sticky on the twitter, FB and website that says in flashing bold "All dates are store placeholders and have nothing to do with us unless we officially announce something." I get so much flak for 'delays' on media about this when the date hasn't even been announced yet. ;_;

And, ooooo for Celceta. :D

Dio

Banned
Its awesome to see so many PC guys in here.

Too bad we can't get together for a PC/Handheld XSEED meetup.

The only systems I don't own are a 3DS and Vita, 'cause I've fallen on hard times personally (relatively). I'm considering getting a Vita just because it has Celceta on it.

Grief.exe

Well, there is our answer.

“We are absolutely interested in bringing more titles, especially JRPGs, to PC,” XSEED executive vice president Ken Berry told Siliconera.

“We are doing what we can to make it happen, so hopefully we will have an announcement within the next month or so.

XSEED has released three games on Steam to date, all from the Ys series by Nihon Falcom.

“They have done great on Steam, and hopefully that introduced a lot of new people to the Ys series so that they will want to check out the latest offering on PS Vita when it comes out later this year,” Berry said.

“They’ve surpassed our expectations, and we are definitely looking to bring more titles to PC.”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/01/xseed-keen-to-release-more-pc-games/

Paskil

Update from Amazon this morning:

Capture.png

Paskil

Yeah that is the exact date of Pokemon.

I'm...not sure how to juggle the games now.

Pretty much. I have no idea what I'm going to do about this and I have no plans to get Pokemon at this time. This Fall/Winter is just ridiculous full of game releases, regardless of your genre preferences.

Lumyst

Bump! The official site http://www.runefactory4.com/ is up and looks like the release date is October 1. So that's a week and a few days before Pokemon. Hopefully some of those new 3DS/2DS owners who get Pokemon will check out some other games to get and see dat girly-looking cover and pick up RF4 too.

vareon

Bump! The official site http://www.runefactory4.com/ is up and looks like the release date is October 1. So that's a week and a few days before Pokemon. Hopefully some of those new 3DS/2DS owners who get Pokemon will check out some other games to get and see dat girly-looking cover and pick up RF4 too.

\o/ \o/ \o/ Huzzah!

Rune Factory 4, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Pokemon Y at the same time. It's OK, I don't need life anyway.

Animal crossing will hold me over until this game releases. Doesn't make the wait any less...long? I don't really know how to phrase that... Either way I'm looking forward to playing the game.

Ludist210

I'll buy it on day one regardless of when it launches.

...but I probably won't play it right away. I've still got to finish Frontier (I'm in the Snow Ruins) and start Tides of Destiny, 2, and 3. Yikes...

Lumyst

I'll buy it on day one regardless of when it launches.

...but I probably won't play it right away. I've still got to finish Frontier (I'm in the Snow Ruins) and start Tides of Destiny, 2, and 3. Yikes...

You also trying to get through the whole series lol

I just got into the series this year, and I'm still working through 2, 3, and Tides of Destiny as well. I beat the story of Frontier and 1.

As I said once, I'm finding that it's a good problem to have too much Rune Factory and more to come >_<

ronito

First the date is moved so I couldn't get it as a berfday present. Now its releasing about 10 days before Pokemon? H. Protagonist! How could you?

Roubjon

Same day as the new Etrian Odyssey and I still haven't picked up Harvest Moon. And I still need to play through SMT IV and Fire Emblem, as well as finish Etrian Odyssey IV.

What a wonderful problem to have.

First the date is moved so I couldn't get it as a berfday present. Now its releasing about 10 days before Pokemon? H. Protagonist! How could you?

I work out entire game schedules to make sure I can sass you, Ronito. This is the culmination of years of plotting!

And, better 10 days than 5, I say!

Any game like this or Animal Crossing on PS3/PS2/PS1/PC/Vita/PSP/360?

RF Tides of Destiny is on Wii and PS3. I think Harvest Moon is on PS as well, but I'm not sure.

Edit: the Ronona games are somewhat similar to this, although it's more about alchemi and mixing stuff up than growing things. They're both on PS3 and Vita. They have turn-based battles.

The previous release date for RF4 was two days before Pokemon. I was going to put this on hold, but now it has a much better release window. Pokemon will have to wait a little. Rune Factory is literally the only life simulation game series I play and enjoy. Maybe it's because of the social aspects as well as the monster fighting.

The question is, who do I marry? No offense my FE mistresses.

Lumyst

Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny for PS3 of course! Which is $20 now. But if you ask if it's like all the other RF games, then it's not, the farming is "automated" and takes place on seasonal islands, the camera is not fixed, the combat is more button mashing and less about positional defence and timing, the dungeons are bland...it starts out all "cinematic" then it gives up on that really fast, it's almost like they tried to make it a "big" little game yet I'd say it was for the worse, sadly. But I find it as addicting as the other games though, strangely, it's just fun to watch how the characters interact like in a cartoon, and as the friendship levels raise there's cool, humorous in-game cutscenes for each friendship level.

edit: ^Yep, it is also the only "life simulation" series I'm enjoying currently as well (but it's really more of a JRPG than a life sim). I got Harvest Moon 3D so I'll try that and see how a Harvest Moon game is though. I like the games because they are part adventure and part sim, there's also an end goal (beat the last boss) for people who are afraid of an endless game and who need a story/structure to complete. As for why it's appealing to me, it's like an anime where the characters start out not knowing each other but over time, as crazy things start happening in the world, their relationships grow as well. (Plus there's lots of funny innuendo.)

ohlawd

oh my god lmao dammit, same day as Etrian Odyssey Untold.

I got both paid off doe so both Atlus and XSEED get my monies. I guess the good news I can pick up both on the same day instead of trekking back to EB the following week if RF4 kept its old Oct 10th date.

PureGone

Banned
Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny for PS3 of course! Which is $20 now. But if you ask if it's like all the other RF games, then it's not, the farming is "automated" and takes place on seasonal islands, the camera is not fixed, the combat is more button mashing and less about positional defence and timing, the dungeons are bland...it starts out all "cinematic" then it gives up on that really fast, it's almost like they tried to make it a "big" little game yet I'd say it was for the worse, sadly. But I find it as addicting as the other games though, strangely, it's just fun to watch how the characters interact like in a cartoon, and as the friendship levels raise there's cool, humorous in-game cutscenes for each friendship level.

edit: ^Yep, it is also the only "life simulation" series I'm enjoying currently as well (but it's really more of a JRPG than a life sim). I got Harvest Moon 3D so I'll try that and see how a Harvest Moon game is though. I like the games because they are part adventure and part sim, there's also an end goal (beat the last boss) for people who are afraid of an endless game and who need a story/structure to complete. As for why it's appealing to me, it's like an anime where the characters start out not knowing each other but over time, as crazy things start happening in the world, their relationships grow as well. (Plus there's lots of funny innuendo.)

Thanks for this! Picking this game up soon.

Lumyst

Thanks for this! Picking this game up soon.

Tides of Destiny makes me laugh and smile and have just as much fun as the other Rune Factory games ^_^ It made me realize that "fun and enjoyment" is more important than review scores. Oh, and it isn't possible to just breeze through the "game" part of the game (or the social part too, in fact, you can't breeze through the game period). It gets challenging if you don't craft your armor/weapons, make your own food and potions to replenish yourself, etc. (believe me, I'm at one of the later dungeons and even after 50hrs of playing I'm getting my ass kicked, I'm really regretting not leveling up my weapons and armor -_- ) And even though the farming is "different", it's fun too, you get to be a "plantation overseer" of monsters who do the farming. And you can even craft items to personalize your house, but I haven't really tried that. So have fun with Tides of Destiny! Oh, and oddly enough, the UI is incredibly blurry in the Wii version, makes me wish I had a PS3 to play it on, so I'm jealous of you, you'll get to play it without all the anamorphic stretching and blurriness!

edit:\/ And for the 3DS, knowing that Rune Factory 4 was coming out on it was the "system seller" that pushed me to get a 3DS!

adroit

Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny was released on both the Wii and the PS3. I only played the Wii version so I don't know how the PS3 port turned out.

Edit: Ooops, someone already answered the above question!!! Duh!!!

If a Rune Factory game is released on the Wii U, I'll buy a Wii U. System seller (for me, anyway). If it skips the Wii U and comes out for PS4 instead, I'll buy a PS4. The gauntlet has been thrown.

Top Bottom