• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized that I pulled 2 5* Ryoma so far and still never got a 3* or 4* Lon'qu... What are the odds? I am getting so tired of this (well, not complaining about Ryoma) that I will end up spending 20K on Gordin just to get Vantage 3. Still haven't pulled a 4* Roy for TA3 either.

scy

Got Ike on my main account (+HP/-DEF); debating pulling more on the alt account after hitting a 5* Leo (+ATK/-HP) and resetting pity counter. A pretty good chance my alt account never uses Ike anyway.

I really just wanted the novelty of Ike, Hector, Nowi, and Takumi for countering everything so mission probably accomplished.

Just realized that I pulled 2 5* Ryoma so far and still never got a 3* or 4* Lon'qu... What are the odds? I am getting so tired of this (well, not complaining about Ryoma) that I will end up spending 20K on Gordin just to get Vantage 3. Still haven't pulled a 4* Roy for TA3 either.
I just got my first Hinata today, and I haven't pulled a single Roy. I actually pulled a few more reds in the session after getting Ike since I want more SI units. (And I decided to pull the one colourless stone at the end, which netted me Mist, so I'm glad I did.)

Sushen

A question for those who got Ike, and failed to get him after more than 20 orbs, were you guys sniping certain colors or full pulls?

evangd007

Trying to figure out what to do with the Titania I pulled.

I've been slowly assembling Horse Emblem, I think I might try her out as a mage killer because of her solid RES. It's a shame Brave Axe seems bad on her since I have a spare Camilla.

She seems like a solid support unit for Reinhardt, I'll have to see if I can build her to reliably crush Blue and Green mages.

Stock Titania takes 0 damage from Deathblow Reinhardt and 4 damage from Fury Linde. With an Emerald Axe and 40 ATK she won't do much to anything not blue, so she'd have a solid role in horse emblem as (non-red) magic tank/Hone Cavalry platform.

Now I regret skipping greens on this banner. Used my google play credit from Christmas. Up to 4.75% pity now.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
A question for those who got Ike, and failed to get him after more than 20 orbs, were you guys sniping certain colors or full pulls?

If all you want is Ike, then it's counter productive to pull anything else.

Stock Titania takes 0 damage from Deathblow Reinhardt and 4 damage from Fury Linde. With an Emerald Axe and 40 ATK she won't do much to anything not blue, so she'd have a solid role in horse emblem as (non-red) magic tank/Hone Cavalry platform.

Now I regret skipping greens on this banner. Used my google play credit from Christmas. Up to 4.75% pity now.

Yeah, I think Titania will have a pretty good and useful role going forward. Wish I had her.

Why are you asking?

Because it's a question that's been asked many times by now. If you want to know "what is the way I am most likely to get ike with a finite amount of orbs", the answer is obvious. You pull reds, and only reds. You pull any non reds, you're essentially making a pull with a zero percent chance of getting ike, plus meaning you have less orbs to spend on reds, and worse, risking reseting your +% chance of 5 star bonuses.

Ninferno

Ninian, Nino, Ryoma and Lukas.

A team like that only giving you 477x is rather strange; maybe dancers tank scores? I just promoted Olivia on my alt so maybe I should do more testing with her to see if there's a noticeable difference in points compared to Lucina. I was not seeing much change currently but maybe my sample size is not big enough to draw any conclusion yet.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Done all quests, but I think I'll sit on my remaining orbs. I want a good green, but I'm not too hot on the greens in this banner.

I've never seen a Lon'qu either. It's weird how everyone talks about putting Vantage on their units but I always have to go with Quick Riposte instead. Though I think I like QR more than Vantage, so it's fine.

Check to see if you can go with TA2. I find that TA2 is enough in most cases.

The only times TA3 might help over TA2 would be if you're running characters that are a bit low on the attack side like Robin, and need a few points of extra damage to get a ORKO.

scy

A team like that only giving you 477x is rather strange; maybe dancers tank scores? I just promoted Olivia on my alt so maybe I should do more testing with her to see if there's a noticeable difference in points compared to Lucina. I was not seeing much change currently but maybe my sample size is not big enough to draw any conclusion yet.

My understanding of the changes is that BST is still one of the most relevant factors, it's just things like casters, archers, cavalry, etc. got a small bonus to make them more like general Infantry. Anything that were already outliers (Nowi, for instance) will still manage to give a pretty big gain on their own. The biggest change the update did was simply squash the BST range from ~25 to ~10.

My main account is using Eirika, Hector, Nino, Sharena (sometimes Ninian over Eirika if I feel like it) and it looks like that account tops out at ~4816 (7*688). My alt account is Sanaki, Julia, Linde, and Lukas and is closer to 4788 (7*684).

Sushen

Why are you asking?

Because it's a question that's been asked many times by now. If you want to know "what is the way I am most likely to get ike with a finite amount of orbs", the answer is obvious. You pull reds, and only reds. You pull any non reds, you're essentially making a pull with a zero percent chance of getting ike, plus meaning you have less orbs to spend on reds, and worse, risking reseting your +% chance of 5 star bonuses.
I asked because I have my theory that while statistically it's right that you should only pull reds if you want Ike, in really, that's also how you end up with 4.5, 5.0 pity meter in some cases. I suspect, the game wants you to take a 5* that you may not want in order to get to the 5* you want. Obviously, I have nothing to back it up, that's how it feels like to me coming from my own experience of pulling only greens only to be empty handed after well over 100 orbs.

Sorry for asking help so much but since it's the first time I got so many units I don't know where am I at hahaha.

So basically, I want to do the best score in Arena with all these 5 stars units, what should be my team then ?

I9kcEal.png

Thanks !

Akuun

Sorry for asking help so much but since it's the first time I got so many units I don't know where am I at hahaha.

So basically, I want to do the best score in Arena with all these 5 stars units, what should be my team then ?

Thanks !
Maybe Ike + Nowi + Nino + Sharena (bonus unit)?

Ike can probably still tank and kill most green mages despite low res, thanks to distant counter.

Nowi as a tank who counters and kills red mages, blues and archers, if she has Quick Riposte.

Nino for ranged punch. SI some hone/fortify buffs on some units to buff Gronnblade. (Sharena can rally attack too)

Sharena as a bonus unit and a solid blue

SI in some mobility and healing skills to keep people in Quick Riposte range and you're probably good.

Mupod

Thanks !

I'd run Ike, Sharena, Nowi, Nino. You could get more score by using Fae over Nino*, but winning with that team would be far, far harder. Shift some inherited hone/fortify buffs around on your team to buff Nino. By default Nowi and Sharena both have defense buffs so you could start by swapping one of those.

You could run Olivia in place of any character other than Nino. For this week, you need Sharena as the bonus unit so keep her for now. Next week you can use Ike.

But lately, instead of running a dancer I have been putting assist skills on my other characters. Like Draw Back, Reposition, etc. So I can't attack twice with my uber unit, but I can at least get them out of danger. I do miss dancers, but I can't complain about my ranking.

*edited, kept mixing up Nino and Nowi

Akuun

Thanks, I just hope that the atk- on Nowi won't be a causing her much trouble
Nowi doesn't hit hard enough to ORKO most units, but will kill most units on a double (that she usually doesn't have the speed to do). That's why Quick Riposte and breaker skills are so good on her.

Her main purpose is to be a tank though, so she should be fine with that. Hopefully.

Pejo

Bleh, tried a few more orbs and got my 2nd 5* Tharja and a bunch more Raigh.

For the record, I hate the sunk cost fallacy.

Thanks, I just hope that the atk- on Nowi won't be a causing her much trouble

I don't think it will. She would still crush swords with sword breaker (not to mention it protects her from Falchion) and because her other stats aren't getting a bane she will be able tank a lot of things on enemy phase and set up threaten res and a follow up on player phase.

StAidan

Who else has over 10 5* characters but have yet to pull a single Nino?

I've pulled over 20 Ninos, all 3*, and all either -atk or -spd. Not even worth promoting when I have so many other low-ranked units with better potential. It's actually somewhat comical.

Mupod

I'm sure everyone has that one common 3* which eludes them. I've never found a Barst, which is annoying right now because he's got something I need. I don't think it's odd that I'm missing most greys because I never touch those orbs, but I've opened lots of greens.

I've pulled 7, 5 stars overall. All red.

Marth
Roy
Ike
Tiki
Marth again
Seliph
Roy Again

I'm cursed with 5 star Red only I suppose.

I mean, there's a point where I'd stop opening a certain colour of orb and you passed it like 4 characters ago.

Whizkid7

I asked because I have my theory that while statistically it's right that you should only pull reds if you want Ike, in really, that's also how you end up with 4.5, 5.0 pity meter in some cases. I suspect, the game wants you to take a 5* that you may not want in order to get to the 5* you want. Obviously, I have nothing to back it up, that's how it feels like to me coming from my own experience of pulling only greens only to be empty handed after well over 100 orbs.

I understand exactly how you feel, and while it's true that statistically your best shot is by pulling only reds, personal experience for me says my best shot is always full pulls. That's how I got Ike this morning, how I got both bunnygirls on the spring banner, and pretty much all of my 5*.

So ultimately, it comes down to; are you willing to accept the higher chance of getting a 5* star other than what you want or not.

Sushen

Got atk+/spd- Lyn and spd- Soren. I assume both are as useful as Arthur or any other garbage units.

I'm still hoping for Ike, but this spd- needs to stop at once.

Mupod

So I did a full pull on the new banner today. Got absolute shit including 2 god damn Jagens. This game hates me. I just want Ike dammit.

I mean, captain obvious here, but if you just want Ike you're not going to find him in blue orbs.

Of course, also relative to the ongoing discussion about orb sniping, I'm living proof that it's maybe not the best idea. Me and the 14 Subakis found on the way to not getting Ninian.

I'm sure everyone has that one common 3* which eludes them. I've never found a Barst, which is annoying right now because he's got something I need. I don't think it's odd that I'm missing most greys because I never touch those orbs, but I've opened lots of greens.

I mean, there's a point where I'd stop opening a certain colour of orb and you passed it like 4 characters ago.

I was trying to get Lyn. Gave up since I didn't want waste money

Looking at my roster I did pull a +Atk/-res Hinoka in my search for Ike that could instantly breath life into Camilla. Could give Camilla death blow 3 and fortify fliers and they could make a great pairing.

_Legacy_

When you merge two 5* units, how does the game decide what stats to boost?
I ask because I've got a +DEF - HP Ike and a -DEF + RES one. I want to fuse the - DEF + RES into the other one, does that mean RES stat gets boosted and one other? I've never really thought about it before...

Mupod

I was trying to get Lyn. Gave up since I didn't want waste money

Yeah, that's rough if you missed the launch banners - getting a specific off-banner red 5* is actually somewhat worse chances than finding Hector in green orbs. If it helps I feel like she will definitely return at some point. She's too popular not to show up in a grand hero banner or voting gauntlet. She will be definitely back for the 'choose your legends' thing but that's a ways off, and that will be an entirely different unit with a possibly different weapon type. Which is probably good for you actually...

When you merge two 5* units, how does the game decide what stats to boost?
I ask because I've got a +DEF - HP Ike and a -DEF + RES one. I want to fuse the - DEF + RES into the other one, does that mean RES stat gets boosted and one other? I've never really thought about it before...

I think it is predicated by the enhanced units base IVs.

This site

https://rocketmo.github.io/feh-damage-calc/

Allows you to select a hero with the IV of yours and then +1-10 them. In my experience it has been accurate in telling what stats will get boosted.

I do this all the time.

It never works.

Doesn't really matter on the scale of a single person. The point is, that's how you maxi use the probability of getting Ike. You likely won't get him anyway, but if you're going to try, that's how to go about it.

I'm on the fence about this as well. I've tried the last three times to pull a specific color and just ended up with a bunch of trash dupes knowing that if i pulled every color I could have gotten more 5 stars in general and could have pulled a few more heroes as well because of how the system works. If you REALLY want that one unit i guess it's worth trying but overall you get screwed badly.

_Legacy_

I think it is predicated by the enhanced units base IVs.

This site

https://rocketmo.github.io/feh-damage-calc/

Allows you to select a hero with the IV of yours and then +1-10 them. In my experience it has been accurate in telling what stats will get boosted.

Thanks, kinda gutted neither of my Ike's were + ATK or SPD, so have to work with what I've got.

Edit: Site says I'll get +HP and +ATK, that would be amazing.

Edit 2: Site got it right!

Thanks, kinda gutted neither of my Ike's were + ATK or SPD, so have to work with what I've got.

Edit: Site says I'll get +HP and +ATK, that would be amazing.

Also if you have both already you can go to merge and it will show you the before and enhanced versions of the character. Tap the enhanced version to see what stats improve.

I'm kinda new to the whole IV thing so how do I check the IV for my units? Because when I go to the calculators they don't give me the option to put more than 10Atk so how do I put the correct amount?

Mupod

Oh ok. Thank you! That makes more sense.

I got a -HP +Spd Ike. That's pretty bad,right?

If by bad you mean the best, sure. That's the one I'd want at least, -res wouldn't be ideal for what I'd have him doing most of the time and -hp is easy to fix with a seal.

scy

It's probably one of the ideal ones?

I'm honestly in the camp of I wish Ike had less speed, not more, just for the sake of a better defensive spread :( But it is what it is and +SPD at least pushes his speed to the point of doubling the very crowded 25-29 range and, more importantly, protects him from neutral SPD Lucina, Nino, Lobster, etc.

If by bad you mean the best, sure. That's the one I'd want at least, -res wouldn't be ideal for what I'd have him doing most of the time and -hp is easy to fix with a seal.
Hahaha! Sorry, but like I said before I'm new to this IV thing so I was just assuming Ike would be better off with +Atk or HP. Anyhow, I believe I read somewhere that in order to make +SPD Ike better I would have to change Heavy Blade is that true?

Firemind

I'm honestly in the camp of I wish Ike had less speed, not more, just for the sake of a better defensive spread :( But it is what it is and +SPD at least pushes his speed to the point of doubling the very crowded 25-29 range and, more importantly, protects him from neutral SPD Lucina, Nino, Lobster, etc.
You never want to be doubled. Ask Hector.

Mupod

Haha, tier list updated and stuck Ike at the top. I don't think he's Ryoma tier with inheritance involved, but if he had been in the game day 1 he'd have been considered absolutely amazing. His default kit is great and sword users were way more common then.

I mean yeah, in arena I feel like you're either a 40+ speed monster or don't bother. But +SPD Ike's in that range where with hone speed he can at least avoid being doubled and then counterattack with quick riposte. And he'd be able to at least double a few characters in order to get some more mileage out of Heavy Blade. Which is pretty kickass with Luna based on what I've been doing with Ike so far.

In my case I expect to do fine with a paltry 31 speed...the likelihood of me finding a Nino or Julia that can survive a hit from him, even without hone attack, is pretty damn small. And as +res with an HP seal he'd survive being doubled anyways, unlike Hector.

And yes I do see 36 speed Julias. All the goddamn time.

Hahaha! Sorry, but like I said before I'm new to this IV thing so I was just assuming Ike would be better off with +Atk or HP. Anyhow, I believe I read somewhere that in order to make +SPD Ike better I would have to change Heavy Blade is that true?

You could put Fury on him to get him into a very competitive speed range. But Heavy Blade is really cool, I'd be hesitant to get rid of it...speed makes it even better, too.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Haha, tier list updated and stuck Ike at the top. I don't think he's Ryoma tier with inheritance involved, but if he had been in the game day 1 he'd have been considered absolutely amazing. His default kit is great and sword users were way more common then.

Range counter is just that good. My main problem with red units is that there are just so many blue units in use in the current meta.

Sushen

Out of around 100 orbs, the game was generous to give 4 5* units: Lyn, Soren, Caeda, Mist of which none I was looking for. Especially, Mist's stats is comparable to my 4* Sakura!

I don't want to say this, but Ike seems to be slipping away from me...I'll miss you.

Firemind

Out of around 100 orbs, the game was generous to give 4 5* units: Lyn, Soren, Caeda, Mist of which none I was looking for. Especially, Mist's stats is comparable to my 4* Sakura!

I don't want to say this, but Ike seems to be slipping away from me...I'll miss you.
I didn't want Ike anyway.

If I merge my old Ryoma with my new one, he would have 56 ATK and 44 SPD with LD3 and ATK seal... 101 wins · 5 losses · 18 draws when attacking. Using defiant attack it's 60 wins · 40 losses · 24 draws. Eyeing my bad IV Minerva... Surprised that the simulator gives me about same exact amount of wins on offense and defense with Desperation 3 and Vantage 3.

Sushen

Is Anna any good? I'm considering promoting her to 4*, or Sharena. I'm eyeing Anna because I already have Ephraim and Azura as Lance users, but if Anna isn't great, I'd rather promote Sharena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom