• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

seniorchang.JPG

This is the best tumblr

legend166

So get this.

Radiohead will be playing in Newark, New Jersey on the night of June the 1st.

I arrive in New York City at 5:30pm on June the 1st.

Could I?

Should I?

It'll probably be at least 30-60 minutes until you're through customs, and unless you're flying into Newark, it'll be a pain to get out there. What time are they playing? If it's at 11pm, maybe.

Edit: Google Maps puts the trip from JFK to EWR at 48 mins. It takes roughly 45 real-world mins to get to Manhattan from JFK, so probably closer to 90 mins to get to Newark airport. Moving the pin to the middle of Newark is about the same amount of time.

Oh and don't forget it's 14 hours from SYD to LAX, then going through customs, then a 45-60 minute wait, then a further 6 hours from LAX to JFK, and then probably only 30 minutes until you're out the door (I'm assuming you'll go SYD->LAX->JFK, and you'll clear customs in LAX).

So at least 22 hours of travelling, not including the 2-3 hours beforehand at SYD you'll need to be there, so you'll have been in transit roughly 24-25 hours by the time you get there.

But! If it's important and you have enough caffeine...

jambo

So get this.

Could I?

Should I?

If your plane is landing at 5.30 then I don't know if you'd get there on time.

It takes a while to get from the airport to the city, then I assume you would have to get to your hotel, check-in, get changed and then get to the venue in time for the show start.

EDIT: Are you flying in to Newark or JFK?

Gazunta

lol, I guess they found you out :p Unless there are other gaffers at your work.

@Jeddumars: you should come to Supanova on the gold coast in April. Its not tooo far from toowoomba (well, maybe a bit :p but its still pretty great if you're into nerdy things).

YES EVERYONE SHOULD COME TO SUPANOVA

SIX WEEKS!!! YES IT'S GONNA BE AMAAAAZING

Oh CRAP I only have six weeks to get everything ready I am doooomed

Gazunta

It's about a shy high school student who gets nervous around GIRLS but he is actually turns into a MAGIC BLOOD SWORD DEMON RABBIT MAN when his nose bleeds from being around GIRLS

Lolololol

Jintor

I think I've seen that anime. Pretty sure it made more money on Blu-ray sales than Avatar The Last Airbender did on DVD :T

It's about a shy high school student who gets nervous around GIRLS but he is actually turns into a MAGIC BLOOD SWORD DEMON RABBIT MAN when his nose bleeds from being around GIRLS

Lolololol

Id watch that. What do you want for tickets to the premier screening?

Rahk

The amazing "Gish" is $2.49 today on sale on Steam. Get on it. It was one of Edmund McMillen's games before Super Meat Boy and Cunt and is one of the better indie games around.

i posted in the old thread again ffs.
This was one of the first games I bought on Steam. It's quite good.

markot

Banned
06/03/12 16:27 Article ready for despatch SYDNEY PARCELS BULK LODGEMENT

Think Ill get my windpad tomoz or tomoztomoz!? Hope I dont have to wait till tomoztomoztomoz >.>!

midonnay

wtf? turned on the tv and australia are 209 from 43 with warner about to get a century?

why so slow?

edit: well they're turning on the fireworks now >_>

Just got fired for the first time.

Wouldn't recommend it.
That sucks man. Hopefully you know some people with something on offer before your payout runs out.

wtf? turned on the tv and australia are 209 from 43 with warner about to get a century?

why so slow?
Was even slower before that. When they took the powerplay at 31 overs I thought they wouldn't even get 220.

Clarke is tearing them to pieces since then though.

EDIT Time for some DHussey action!

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Thanks Choc. You just reminded me now that I have no job I can play Mass Effect 3 earlier.

Silver linings!

its nice to have friends @ EA :)
Spoilers, man!

That reminds me, I need to send Gaz's Rage back. Gaz, PM me your postal details!

I'd sign up to borrow the, erm, community copy but I don't think Choc would send it to me after what happened to Halo. Actually, I'd prefer to own ME3 myself.

Did you get Halo from Reptile yet?

In other news finding out my boss is a big gamer is paying off big time lately. He said I can play his copy of Mass Effect 3 as he is away for a family weekend and is still only in Chapter 1 of Alan Wake (which he had already let me play, lol)

I'd sign up to borrow the, erm, community copy but I don't think Choc would send it to me after what happened to Halo. Did you get that from Reptile yet?

Choc still hasn't given me his address!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Slow last 3 overs with the bat may cost us the game in the end unless the pace bowlers clean up early. Expecting McKay to cost us the game, hoping to jinx myself.

"BETTER WITH KINECT?!? I HAVE TO GO BUY A F*CKING KINECT?!?"

Fyi I have been browsing gaf with out images for a week now to avoid any me3 images. I didn't know what choc had posted, just that he had a copy of me3 early I assume.

So good work :p

HolyCheck

Wait. It just clicked lol.

Its a kinect game? I should have looked into it a bit agh.

Do I need kinect? How much is kinect?

If I don't need kinect, what does kinect do? Do I just wave my arms to select which weapon or power I want on the dial thing?

HolyCheck

Do I need to buy a headset? I thought kinect was just a crappy camera like iplay for the ps2 or something

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait to see everyone's reactions to the amount of awful in ME3.

I hear in ME3 you travel back in time to fight dinosaurs to prevent the Reapers from ever being born.

Here's some concept art:
dinoriders.jpg

Fuck. Sorry Holy, again though the information is to benefit you as it is something you should consider getting before you get into the game to avoid getting pissed off that you have to put your play through on pause with the game in the tray if you want to go down that route. I have seen the Kinect with Fruit Ninja/Gunstringer combo for $150 around the traps.

I hear in ME3 you travel back in time to fight dinosaurs to prevent the Reapers from ever being born.

Here's some concept art:
dinoriders.jpg

6Tt5h.jpg

DAY NEGATIVE 3000000 BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom